Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Australia Training squad for 2013

Senior Player
    vCash

Australia Training squad for 2013

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-unio...training-squad

Rugby league convert Israel Folau has been left out of Australia's 49-man training squad for the 2013 season, which will see the Wallabies face the Lions.

Folau was a league sensation, becoming the youngest man to play for both Queensland and Australia, but he made a surprise code switch to Australian Rules Football in 2011.

Last month he made another code switch, to union with NSW Waratahs, and he was widely expected to be part of the squad.

Western Force back-row star Hugh McMeniman is back in the squad after a four-year absence.

Almost all of the 42 players used in Tests in 2012 are included, the exceptions being Queensland forward Radike Samo and Western Force half-back Brett Sheehan, and Brumbies captain Ben Mowen and Waratahs winger Lachie Turner were both surprise omissions.

There are seven uncapped players in the squad: Melbourne Rebels centre Mitch Inman, Reds flanker Jake Schatz, utility back Ben Lucas, Rebels locks Hugh Pyle and Cadeyrn Neville, and Brumbies half-backs Nic White and Christian Lealiifano.

A Wallabies spokesman played down the significance of the prospective squad.

"It doesn't guarantee them anything," he said. "If you're not here it doesn't mean you're not a Wallaby this year - it comes down to what you do on the field.

"There's nothing to stop Israel Folau going out there and playing the house down to make the team."

Queensland Reds (16): Saia Faingaa, James Hanson, James Slipper, James Horwill, Rob Simmons, Jake Schatz, Liam Gill, Will Genia, Ben Lucas, Quade Cooper, Ben Tapaui, Anthony Faingaa, Mike Harris, Dom Shipperley, Digby Ioane, Luke Morahan.

Waratahs (13): Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson, Paddy Ryan, Sekope Kepu, Kane Douglas, Sitaleki Timani, Dave Dennis, Michael Hooper, Wycliff Palu, Berrick Barnes, Rob Horne, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Drew Mitchell.

Brumbies (8): Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander, Dan Palmer, David Pocock, Nic White, Christian Lealiifano, Pat McCabe, Joe Tomane.

Melbourne Rebels (8): Cadeyrn Neville, Hugh Pyle, Scott Higginbotham, Nick Phipps, Kurtley Beale, James O'Connor, Mitch Inman, Cooper Vuna.

Western Force (4): Salesi Ma'afu, Hugh McMeniman, Ben McCalman, Nick Cummins

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Is anyone honestly surprised the guy who hasn't run out for a game yet isn't selected?

vCash
    Nope. Pretty pissed that Brown Dog and Hodgo don't rate the top 50. But not surprised.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    More annoyed that Nathan Charles didn't get a look in.

coz Stone Cold says so

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i predict a reversal of numbers after 10 rounds of super rugby

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Hopefully with Kyle Godwin pressing for 10.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Agree Nathan Charles should be there, and Pek Cowan also unlucky to mss out.

After my initial fury, I realised that this year it looks like we may fly below the radar and surprise a few, nothing wrong with that!

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    the further the Force are away from the debacle and distraction of the Wobblies the better.

I think its a real shame 3M is involved after playing ZERO games of S15 for four years. FFS let the guy work his way back into contention with a solid string of games.

No surprise Hodgo didnt get a look in its same with Mowen. Actually surprised McCalman did.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Veteran
    vCash
    not surprised that sheeno didn't. He has his foot in a cast. could always get a call up

vCash
    Just saw on foxsports news that robbie is planning to have a extended training camp before the lions tour. Tahs and Reds non to pleased
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The Australian Rugby Union is facing a backlash from traditional states Queensland and NSW over plans to quarantine Wallabies players three weeks before the British and Irish Lions Test series.

The Reds are desperate to have stars Will Genia, Quade Cooper, James Horwill and Digby Ioane available in a full-strength side to attract a sell-out crowd of 52,000 on June 8 and take a big scalp.

Likewise, New South Wales Waratahs could be stripped of more than half their starting team for what is likely to be a crucial match against Western Force in Perth on June 9.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...#ixzz2I8xTmhRT

Thanks Robbie!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Robbie Deans should be given his marching orders right here and now on the back of this decision we the rugby public of Australia deserve to see the best available talent week in and week out!

vCash
    Did anyone see Drew Mitchell's new hairstyle on FoxSports?

Good lord.....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    It's not a hair do.......it's a hair don't

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If McKenzie and Cheika want to whinge about quarantined players being unfair perhaps they can give up the weekend tour matches and play on a Wednesday like we have to. No? Ok then STFU.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast