Thread: DriverPackagePreinstall....HELP!!!

vCash

DriverPackagePreinstall....HELP!!!

I'm trying to reinstall a printer (Brother MFC-250C) onto a Toshiba laptop (Vista 32-bit) and get the following error message:

DIFxDriverPackagePreinstall Error =2

I contacted the Brother support team and they gave me a copy/paste answer from their website (as if I hadn't spent far too many hours trawling the www for answers).

1. Please try temporarily disabling any third party anti-virus or firewall programs before attempting to install the Brother MFL-Pro Suite again. If you're not sure how to temporarily disable your anti-virus or firewall programs please contact the manufacturer of these programs for further assistance.
    This didn't work.

2. If disabling your third party anti-virus or firewall does not resolve the issue, this may also occur if there is a problem with the DriverPackagePreinstall function pre-installing a driver package for a Plug and Play (PnP) function driver in the DIFx driver store. Please contact your PC manufacturer for further assistance.
    Lost me at HELLO!!!

I'm hoping that one of the many tech genius type folk we have on here can help me with fixing the issue either #2 above or something else.

Many thanks
    JK

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Do you just want to print from your PC, or are you hoping to fax from the PC etc also?

If just basic print/scan functions, trye uninstalling any brother software already installed and then head to the driver download page for the basic driver http://welcome.solutions.brother.com...&dispforlist=1

and follow the instructions on that page under the "How to Download and INstall" link.

Unplug the printer first, and when you plug it back in (step 4 of instructions), try a different USB port if possible

Last edited by Darren; 18-01-13 at 17:24. Reason: added stuff
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    have you downloaded the latest drivers? Try installing just the printer driver and none of the other additional software.

vCash
    Yeah - what zed sed (I was editing my post when you posted)

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    just chuck it out the window & go to the pub

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Do you just want to print from your PC, or are you hoping to fax from the PC etc also?

If just basic print/scan functions, trye uninstalling any brother software already installed and then head to the driver download page for the basic driver http://welcome.solutions.brother.com...&dispforlist=1

and follow the instructions on that page under the "How to Download and INstall" link.

Unplug the printer first, and when you plug it back in (step 4 of instructions), try a different USB port if possible
    I've uninstalled the printer & everything else I can find that relates to Brother. After trying to reinstall MFL-Pro Suite via the original CD and when that didn't work I tried the Brother website (same as Coach's suggestion). The error message listed above came when I tried to reinstall software from the website.

Maybe I stuffed up when uninstalling everything I could find relating to Brother.

I need the MFL-Pro Suite installed properly before I can plug the printer back in to the USB slot.

Cheers.

vCash
    Don't install the suite - install the basic driver manually if all else has failed.