Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saints recruit prop Ma'afu

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well Northampton signed Alex Corbisiero for next season so it will be a nice pay day for the lad just think what he could get on his exchange rate at the end of his stint with the Saints

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    He has never been committed long term to the Force....he let himself go so much in the off-season that they have had to put extra effort into getting the weight off him in pre-season....
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That KooGaa ad in the linebreak is a real top line photoshop job in that case.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Maybe that's post extra work Shasta!
    never underestimate the power of the dark side of the force shasta...photochop is like vaders love child when it comes to manipulation. There is not the slightest chance they are going to show a jelly belly fat slob in the advertising for a lean mean relaunched professional Force.

Now we DO know he has lost a few kilos, but thats a given seeing as last year his gut kept getting penalised for touching the ground in scrums. He was never in any of the shots or vids of lads running bix off in pre-season phase 1. Apparently he was on an individual program that included keeping him away from HJs and Maccas.

He has never wanted to be here, or made an effort. However I also believe he needed motivation to lose a few pounds, and going for a juicy contract in the land of greasy deep fried cod and chips would provide that.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    He has never been committed long term to the Force. He was tweeting 12 months ago about how he couldn't wait to leave. And he let himself go so much in the off-season that they have had to put extra effort into getting the weight off him in pre-season.

Pity they can shove him out the door now rather than having to carry him for the whole season.
    This is such a poor attitude towards players..

He was probably offered twice as much money to play in Europe, he obviously isn't a first line Wallaby and he might even struggle to make the Western Force starting lineup, so who can blame him for signing with a club overseas and earning the money whilst he is still capable.

I dont understand why there is this persistent attitude of smiting players who leave your club to head to another, its the nature of professional rugby, wish them good luck and move on.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Saw a tweet from Ma'afu this morning saying "Next 12 months. HURRY UP". When I asked him why he just replied "Au revoir"
    Understand your point TOCC, but it does need to be read against the context of the above from the middle of last year. In this instance it is neither a new development, nor one that he hasn't played a role in...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post

I dont understand why there is this persistent attitude of smiting players who leave your club to head to another, its the nature of professional rugby, wish them good luck and move on.
    I don't understand why you repeatedly come on here with such a holier than thou attitude. People on this site were slagging him off long before this announcement. It goes back to when we first found out he was coming. His own statements on the internet showed he didn't want to be here. His attitude backs that up.

Dunning copped the same. The difference was that Donut really worked hard while he was here and was a good contributor.

Good riddance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Well I think Alison's attitude is spot on. The waste of space & cash was tweeting about how he couldn't wait to leave five minutes after he got here. Pity we didn't form a lynch mob at the time.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

He was probably offered twice as much money to play in Europe, he obviously isn't a first line Wallaby and he might even struggle to make the Western Force starting lineup, so who can blame him for signing with a club overseas and earning the money whilst he is still capable.

Not you personally TOCC but *ahem*Genia*ahem*mercenary*ahem*.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

I am so fed up with your constant smiting of me TOCC. There are several other people who have posted in this thread - all of them men - who have said the same as me about Ma'afu but you choose to have a go at me, none of the others, just me.

I can only conclude that you are a man of very small stature who feels threatened by strong, intelligent, idependent women who have an opinion that they are not afraid to express. This is 2013, not 1920, so why don't you take yourself and your small-minded misogyny somewhere else.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash

vCash
    I am so fed up with your constant smiting of me TOCC. There are several other people who have posted in this thread - all of them men - who have said the same as me about Ma'afu but you choose to have a go at me, none of the others, just me.

I can only conclude that you are a man of very small stature who feels threatened by strong, intelligent, idependent women who have an opinion that they are not afraid to express. This is 2013, not 1920, so why don't you take yourself and your small-minded misogyny somewhere else.
    Note to self.......never, ever bring up parsley on this site again!!

C'mon the

vCash

vCash

mate, talk about hypocrisy. Reds supporters are STILL carrying on about Nathan Sharpe, Pocock, Diggers, Judas, Fave etc "defecting" to the Force. Dont see ANY of them saying "oh He was probably offered twice as much money" oh no, its hes a traitorous scumbag bla bla bla.

I am also extremely concerned you (1) feel free to attack a Western Force supporter on a Western Force supporters forum, and (2) almost always attack the same female Western Force supporter. If you want to make observations about EWF or any other rugby discussions fine, but play the ball and not the woman. Otherwise you are a troll and can fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of

Just for your personal education, Alison and others here are extremely supportive and encouraging for almost all ex Western Force players who have chosen greener pastures or moved on - the list is large...Smith and Shep spring immediately to mind. The ones she and we have problems with are duplicitous wankers like Judas, or ungrateful tossers who don't give a shit like Maafu, who have disrespected the Force and the supporters. These guys can get fucked.

BTW hows sanchez going after the thousands of abusive tweets and forum posts by adoring Reds fans describing him as a traitor.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Spot on mate! TOCC check your own back yard before you come and piss in ours!

vCash
    When it was reported Genia was joining the Force i wished him good luck, thats the nature of professionalism.... Likewise with Higgers joining the Rebels..

Alison, this is an internet forum and you will find that peoples opinions will not always be conducive with your own, that doesn't mean its a misogynist based argument, the fact you are a female changes nothing. Lets keep this discussion at an intelligible level rather then questioning my 'stature'..

So i pulled up a few of the older posts where apparently i have been hounding you, the only posts i could find where i have directly quoted you were in page 2 of this thread: http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?p=325871#post325871

Last edited by TOCC; 08-02-13 at 16:45.

vCash
    Latest tweet from Ma'afu:

Packed and ready to hit the road in the morning... Melbourne A your 1st up.. Then who knows where too after that?? #maybebackhome haha

Anyone able to decipher what it means??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast