Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Metro Rugby

vCash
    Why is everyone so against RumourMonger? Personally I quite enjoy reading a lot of RM's posts as there is a lot of truth hidden amongst the lines... The personal attacks are uncalled for but what is being spoken about is obviously ruffling a few feathers and causing some defensive stances. I guess those that don't know about the inner dealings of clubland see it as RM just attacking everyone, but i think he is just baiting people with some rumours/facts and getting some decent bites...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    As I stated before, this kind of crap turned me off Perth club rugby, and I'm hesitant to head down to training for any in over here

That and I'm < 80 kilos...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    As I stated before, this kind of crap turned me off Perth club rugby, and I'm hesitant to head down to training for any in over here

That and I'm < 80 kilos...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    And on the other side of the country? If you rocked up to a club you would have no idea of the inside workings, and what goes on behind the scenes - and realistically you shouldn't want to if you are there to play the game?!?

What is said on here about club rugby is mainly banter, a few snipes here and there... i wouldn't read in to it too much and get worked up over it.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    Why is everyone so against RumourMonger? Personally I quite enjoy reading a lot of RM's posts as there is a lot of truth hidden amongst the lines... The personal attacks are uncalled for but what is being spoken about is obviously ruffling a few feathers and causing some defensive stances. I guess those that don't know about the inner dealings of clubland see it as RM just attacking everyone, but i think he is just baiting people with some rumours/facts and getting some decent bites...
    I have an appreciation for RM, and I'm all for rumors and facts, and even baiting. However baiting requires skills and subtlety that RM isn't showing us at the moment. He's not baiting, he's shooting fish in a barrel with a shitgun which gets a bit old rather quickly.

The personal attacks are uncalled for
    +1

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    ... shitgun ...
    whilst that may actually be appropriate, I did mean to type shotgun

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    What is said on here about club rugby is mainly banter, a few snipes here and there... i wouldn't read in to it too much and get worked up over it.
    Which is great if you're already in the the thick of it. For those of us on the outside looking in we have no idea of any inside banter, what lines we are supposed to be reading between or anything like that - this is our only window into the club game and we just see people slinging mud each other. If you want people to support the club game maybe stop making it look like such a turn-off.

vCash
    It's the personal, degrading bullshit. I don't really know anything about clubland. Haven't been involved at Rocky for many a year now and would only call myself a passing supporter, but there's no need to denigrate a member simply for expressing an opinion no matter how ill informed that opinion may be.

RM has repeatedly proven himself to be an ass by playing the man over some pretty petty stuff. I understand that sometimes 'discussions' can get heated (read back some of the stuff between me and Mudskipper) but we need to maintain some civility, particularly in an environment where the discussion isn't face to face, but filtered through keyboards and monitors.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    I tend to agree. RM seems to know a lot of detail and enjoys stirring the pot. Quite a few good discussions have been generated as a result of his posts. Without RM things seem to be fairly uncontentious and slightly boring. Just my opinion.

vCash
    And on the other side of the country? If you rocked up to a club you would have no idea of the inside workings, and what goes on behind the scenes - and realistically you shouldn't want to if you are there to play the game?!?

What beige said
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    I tend to agree. RM seems to know a lot of detail and enjoys stirring the pot. Quite a few good discussions have been generated as a result of his posts. Without RM things seem to be fairly uncontentious and slightly boring. Just my opinion.
    Thank you oracle. You seem a nicer fellow than RM or Darkness.

vCash
    Southern Lions 18's have been training well with 20+ last night. Most 16's from 2012 are back and several of last years 18's are returning plus a few newbies from around the traps. Seniors numbers are okay but like most clubs we could do with more.

Trial game against Cottesloe at home this Saturday 2.30 Kick Off.

vCash
    There must be a few trial games this weekend? Who is playing who and at what grounds? I heard Wests were quite convincing against Nedlands, although both teams had a number of 1st grade players out. Chris Tuatara-Morrison was in the blue Jersey of Nedlands i believe?

Player
    vCash
    Rocky playing neddies at foreshore

Champion
    vCash
    There must be a few trial games this weekend? Who is playing who and at what grounds? I heard Wests were quite convincing against Nedlands, although both teams had a number of 1st grade players out. Chris Tuatara-Morrison was in the blue Jersey of Nedlands i believe?
    Incorrct Goony ,Tuatara-Morrison has signed up with Wests and we are playing Uni at Mcgillvray 18's starting at 12 30 with teams in between with 1st grade kicking off at 3 45

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Thank you oracle. You seem a nicer fellow than RM or Darkness.

Does he have a nicer IP address?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast