Thread: Ebersohn brings Wilkinson magic to Force

vCash
    Hopefully he will re-sign and won't turn out to be another mercenary

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    He Loves it here and I hope he will stay. Finger Crossed

vCash
    Naka decided to cast Sias to the bench while Goosen got the gig. He was down on confidence, not getting game time, and the coach was against him.
    He is really coming along as a good flyhalf since finding his feet at the Force last season.
    I hope he stays here and becomes eligible for the Wallabies at the end of next year!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Here's what he said....

BLOEMFONTEIN. – Sias Ebersohn is straks nie op pad terug om die Cheetahs se toekomstige losskakel-verknorsing te help oplos nie.

Die 26-jarige Ebersohn het die afgelope naweek in die Western Force se Super-kragmeting teen die Cheetahs in die Rosestad weer gewys van watter stoffasie hy gemaak is.

Hy het 13 punte aangeteken in sy span se sege van 23-16. Agterna is berig dat die Cheetahs hom ’n aanbod gemaak het om na sy ou tuiste terug te keer as teenvoeter vir die vertrek van staatmakers soos Johan Goosen en Riaan Smit.

Goosen, wat nog tot na die Curriebeker deur die Cheetahs gekontrakteer is, beplan om sy loopbaan by die Franse klub Toulon te gaan voortsit. Die Westelike Provinsie jag hom egter ook.

Smit is ook op pad na Frankryk.

Die Cheetahs het wel nog die betroubare Elgar Watts as ’n losskakel.

“Ek is gelukkig by die Force en vat dit wedstryd vir wedstryd. As daar wel later ’n (amptelike) aanbod is, sal ’n mens dalk meer aandag daaraan gee, maar nou fokus ek net op my spel vir die Force,” het Ebersohn gesê.

Ebersohn, wie se tweelingbroer Robert oorsee by die Franse klub Montpellier sy heil gaan soek het, het beklemtoon dat hy steeds graag vir die Springbokke wil speel, maar nie sy neus gaan optrek as ’n Wallaby-trui hom aangebied word nie.

“Ek het ’n droom om internasionale rugby te speel. Op die oomblik is die Bokke die enigste span waarvoor ek kan speel.

“As hulle ’n Bok-trui voor my neersit gaan ek nooit nee sê nie, maar as ’n Wallaby-trui voor jou neergesit word gaan jy dit beslis ook nie weier nie.

“Ek kan nog nie vanjaar vir die Wallabies speel nie, want ek kwalifiseer eers volgende jaar vir deelname. Dan is ek byna 27 jaar oud en is dit vier jaar voor die volgende Wêreldbeker-toernooi.

“Gewoonlik begin hulle dan al aan die volgende Wêreldbeker-groep bou. Daardie tyd is ek dan 31 jaar oud. Is dit regtig iemand wat jy dan wil kies?

“Dalk is dit, ek weet nie. Dalk is my spelpeil goed. ’n Mens weet nooit nie,” het Ebersohn gesê.

Sal al die woelinge weg van die rugbyveld hom kortwiek in sy voorbereiding vir Saterdag se wedstryd teen die Stormers?

“Super-rugby berei jou geestelik voor dat hierdie soort van goed jou nie van stryk bring wat jou voorbereiding betref nie.

“Die Stormers gaan ’n groot uitdaging wees. Ons was verlede jaar in dieselfde bootjie as wat hulle nou is. Dit maak hulle nie minder gevaarlik nie.”

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think that's a fair interview. He won't knock back a Springboks jersey, but he would happily accept a Wallabies jersey if he was asked.
    Maybe if Heyneke Meyer doesn't include him the Bok lineup for this years Rugby Championship, I'm pretty certain he will decide to remain in Australia and pursue a chance at playing in Australian Green & Gold.
    Here's hoping!

Veteran
    vCash
    from Mr Googloe translate:

BLOEMFONTEIN . - Sias Ebersohn is probably not going back to the future Cheetahs flyhalf plight to help solve .

The 26 -year-old Ebersohn this past weekend in the Western Force 's Super Cup clash against the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein again showed what he's made ​​of.

He scored 13 in his team 's 23-16 victory . Afterwards it was reported that the Cheetahs he made ​​an offer to his old home to return to counteract the departure of players such as Johan Goosen and Riaan Smit .

Goosen , who until after the Cheetahs Currie contracted, plans to continue his career with French club Toulon going to continue . WP hunt him also .

Smith is also on his way to France .

The Cheetahs did have the reliable Elgar Watts as a flyhalf .

" I 'm happy with the Force and take it game by game . If later there is an ( official ) offer , a person may give more attention to it , but now I just focus on my game for the Force , "said Ebersohn said .

Ebersohn , whose twin brother Robert abroad with the French club Montpellier his fortune to seek, has emphasized that he is happy for the Springboks to play , but not his nose will go up as a Wallaby jersey he offered .

" I have a dream of playing international rugby . At the moment the team is the only team I can play .

" If they have a Springbok jersey to put me I'll never say no , but as a Wallaby jersey before you put down you will certainly not refuse.

" I can not yet played for the Wallabies , because I qualify next year for participation . I am almost 27 years old and four years before the next World Cup .

" Normally they'd be at the next World Cup squad building . That time I was 31 years old then . Is this really someone you want to choose then ?

" Perhaps it is , I do not know . Maybe my form is good. " One never knows ," said Ebersohn said .

All the turmoil away from the rugby field hamper him in his preparations for Saturday 's match against the Stormers ?

" Super Rugby prepares you mentally for this kind of things do not fazed that preparation is concerned.

" The Stormers will be a big challenge. We were last year in the same boat as they are now. It does not make them less dangerous. "

vCash

vCash
    I love Google translation!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    He won't go back there as long as Drotske is the coach. He virtually pushed him out the door.

sias in gold - why not?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I was by that one. Supposes it means he wouldn't turn his nose up at a Wallaby jersey.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I was by that one. Supposes it means he wouldn't turn his nose up at a Wallaby jersey.
    I took it to mean he's not going to be up himself!

Isn't Ingerrish wunnerful?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I love Google translation!
    I work with a girl who speaks Afrikaans... and I gave her the transcript...this was a tad worrying....

“Ek is gelukkig by die Force en vat dit wedstryd vir wedstryd. As daar wel later ’n (amptelike) aanbod is, sal ’n mens dalk meer aandag daaraan gee, maar nou fokus ek net op my spel vir die Force,” het Ebersohn gesê.

Ebersohn said he’s happy and is just focusing on the Force and will give attention to an offer if an official offer comes along

Veteran
    vCash
    yes, he would consider playing for the Boks if it came up. absolutely. he was also worried about being fairly old when he is eligible for the wallabies.

vCash
    not to rain on the parade a little but the lure of the motherland is quite strong too, if its not the cheetahs it will be one of the others such as the Stormers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast