Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Pup ate my homework".

vCash
    Like I said on fb they got sacked because the coach gave them an instruction and they did not execute it and worst of all the person that is part of the leadership group are one of them not doing as he got asked!! No discipline no respect. I hope they never get the opportunity to play again If I was the coach I would have been prity pissed myself

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fair point. The only thing is, were the "series of incidents" serious enough to bring on such.drastic action? Good captains and coaches earn respect. They also manage crises rather than inflame them. We don't know enough to form an opinion. Yet.

OTOH, if miracles do happen, they'll be a pair of geniouses.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    we need less spin,and a big spinner

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    Like I said on fb they got sacked because the coach gave them an instruction and they did not execute it and worst of all the person that is part of the leadership group are one of them not doing as he got asked!! No discipline no respect. I hope they never get the opportunity to play again If I was the coach I would have been prity pissed myself
    yeah you can imagine Lilly, Marsh, Boony all agreeing to doing homework

Fuck the coach off and most of his staff and take that twat Inverarity as well!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Just thinking even if it hadn't been leaked to the media about the four players not doing their homework and Mickey Arthur & Michael Clarke had made the decision to drop them from the squad their would have been questions raised. It appears they are going to cop flack no matter which way they go.

vCash
    The question is, what else were they doing that was so important?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/624584.html

He gives you four days to come back to him. You don't have to write an essay. Bullet points would do. Everyone can manage three bullet points. Or go see the coach and talk through your thoughts in person. Meanwhile, you train on what should have been day five of the Test and travel the next day. You have hours of downtime in airport lounges and on planes. Maybe you listen to music, maybe you watch some movies. Do you think about that embarrassing loss? Do you think about how to improve? The fans are thinking about it. So are the coaches. Are you?

Then you have two days off in Chandigarh. The coach wants you to freshen up. That means no training, it doesn't mean no thinking. That has been made clear to you. Maybe you play golf, maybe you go to the zoo, maybe you take a little trip out of town. Maybe Saturday night comes around and you haven't got back to the coach. But guess what, 12 of your team-mates have. They've been thinking about how the group can improve. Have you?

Monday morning rolls around. The next Test is now only 72 hours away. You've been given a day's grace but have still not done what was asked. Think you're exempt? Think the coach will let it go? He's always smiling, he must be a pushover. After all, other lapses have been allowed to slide on this trip, hell, even before it. They might have been yours, they might not. But within the team there have been lapses. That's the problem. This is the final straw, and you've dropped it on top of the others.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i just think when it gets to the point the coach is asking players how to win - you're in deep doo doo

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    My bigger concern was how you're meant to "uphere" to something

vCash
    Beige beat me to it with the article that I read on my way to work this morning

12 other players did the task asked of them it wasn't as if it was an essay or a novel that was asked of them and most just wrote down a couple of bullet points and slipped it under the coaches door

They had 4 days to do the task and the four that didnt complete it on time were given an extra day including the vice captain of the side.

The decision to not consider Khawaja and Johnson for selection is a bit harsh given they have barely played on tour. What are they supposed to say "such and such is crap and we would have alot more success if you picked me instead"?

Shane Watson was always scheduled to leave at some point of the tour due to his wife's impending birth of their child so that part has been blown out of the water by the media.

He's still useless though. Will bowl in the IPL for his 50 pieces of silver but won't bowl for his country? If he's not bowling he is no longer an all rounder and his batting alone should not be seeing him as an auto selection

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    who are going to take the 3?
    2 will retire and the 3rd will be caught in the grandstand for 6 by Merv Hughes

vCash

Attached Images Attached Images        

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    yeah you can imagine Lilly, Marsh, Boony all agreeing to doing homework

Fuck the coach off and most of his staff and take that twat Inverarity as well!
    Distinction!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    My bigger concern was how you're meant to "uphere" to something
    And my biggest concern was trying not to laugh too much at a radio sports journo who repeated that mistake - more than once - yesterday. I was driving.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Don't feel sorry for Australia's four sacked cricketers.

This day has been coming for some time.

Around Australia on Tuesday, talkback radio lines were jammed with callers saying this was a classic case of a sledgehammer being used to swat a fly.

Of course it was but that doesn't make it wrong.

Sometimes it is better to over-react than under-react, or even worse, do nothing.

Standards have flagged in the Australian game.

In every state, there are players earning a million dollars a year who are plodders by international standards.

Many are soft with over-inflated opinions of their worth who perform neatly within their narrow comfort zone. Some are overweight.

Barely any Australian players have improved over the past year.

Many have gone backwards.

Cricket's sports science standards are a decade or more behind many other sporting codes yet few sports resist change like cricket.

The game needed a jolt and here it is.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/...#ixzz2NPCMXPe5

vCash
    ^^ Jargs, a number of those comments could also be said for the ARU!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast