Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: judas in Bali misbehaving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    so did BamBam - yet I still happily had a laugh with him in Darwin?

Players move on, and some even return - be upset at the time but seriously 18 months later this still upsets you ?
    The departures were a little different though. O'Connor's removal was indicative of his base nature, he showed himself to be a petulant twat and has not missed an opportunity to confirm that status since he left. I bag on him for that these days. Yes, he is proving to be an excellent footballer, but one in the mould of Matt Giteau, not in the mould of David Pocock.

Bam, on the other hand, whilst conducting his negotiations in a manner that I wasn't entirely happy with didn't lie (like Digby) didn't agree to terms then change his mind when a better offer came along (like Genia) didn't sign with another team early in the year and sabotage an entire season through inaction and indifference (Braindead Dick) and didn't attempt to hold an entire organisation to ransom all the while spouting bullshit about his brand (Guess who), While I'm disappointed with Bam moving on, and would be delighted to see us beat the Brums in return for that, I don't hold any real animosity towards him.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    on a side note would we welcome him back if he wanted to?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Not me
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    on a side note would we welcome him back if he wanted to?
    I wouldn't. I don't think he fits in with the culture of the team they are trying to create. We want great footballers yes, but ones who don't come with diva mentalities or with empty suitcases for all the cash they're going to make during their short stay with us.

If you look at the team we have now there is not one single diva or media-hyped "superstar" amongst them. And how much better are they performing as a team without that hindrance!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    yet this thread is doing exactly that, hyping the "bad boy diva" - based on a rumour

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Irrespective of whether this rumour is or isn't a load of rubbish, I have seen and heard enough of JOC in the past to know he is a diva and that I don't want to see him in my local team again.

To be perfectly honest, I hate seeing him in a Wallabies jersey too but at least there he is in the company of a load of other divas so doesn't upset the balance so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I...seeing him in a Wallabies jersey too but at least there he is in the company of a load of other divas so doesn't upset the balance so much.
    singularly he doesn't upset the "diva balance" at the Wobblies, but collectively the load of other divas most certainly does

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Veteran
    vCash
    Just to clarify, the terrible haircut was done for charity.

vCash
    Jeeez we're a bitter mob...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Just to clarify, the terrible haircut was done for charity.
    There are plenty of other things that can be done for charity. Saying it was for charity is not a licence to be lame. He could have donated match payments or had a celebrity golf day or a competition to win a dinner with James O'Connor.

I really don't care about JO'C and the Force. I would say the same about any player who had hair like that.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    This thread still going?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    There are plenty of other things that can be done for charity. Saying it was for charity is not a licence to be lame. He could have donated match payments or had a celebrity golf day or a competition to win a dinner with James O'Connor.

I really don't care about JO'C and the Force. I would say the same about any player who had hair like that.
    he didn't get a choice in what it was going to be like from what i heard, the kids chose it.

Good on him for going live with that horrible 'do.

vCash
    Its a sad day reading this vitriol started by a rumor of impropriety (legal at that). The lad did not fit the Force in the end, he had terrible advice from his "management team" re Branding etc etc.

We all seem to forget that he is still a kid and, with the help of the media, has become too big for his boots. He has not yet learned humility, professional maturity and the smarts to know when he should or should not do anything. This will come as it came to some of us here at the TWF. I would love to know who here can honestly stick their hands up and say that they have not listened to bad advise, done something illegal, messed up friendships and screwed up at work.

The kid is a talent and has saved the Wallabies bacon on numerous occasions and guess what.. we all cheered when he did.

He is also a numpty socially and that comes with hanging out with the Bungy Brother and reading and believing your own press. He is no saint though never has professed to be.

He earns his coin honestly and when on the field plays with (on most occasions) a sublime talent that sets him apart from most other players in the world.

Rant if you want but frankly... get over it. Focus no what is happening this season... we won a game.. we have NEW players, NEW coaches and seem to be heading in the right direction. Keep looking backwards and spewing vitriol and it gets boring very very quickly.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Well said DinkyDi. I think it really does boil down to p!ss poor advice from his management team. Amateurish and misguided.

vCash
    His management team consists of his father and his older brother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast