Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eastern State Media miss the Force again!

vCash

Eastern State Media miss the Force again!

So watch Offsiders on the ABS again this morning and low and behold there was no mention of the Force/Cheetahs game! So what is with that? Decided to ask, see below

"Where was the news about the Force v Cheetahs game? I know they lost, but so did the Brumbies! Sick of all this eastern state media forgetting about the Western Force! They may not be the greatest team, in a complete rebuilding process, and have struggled but they are part of the Super Rugby competition as well and deserve the same time slot available to them on your show as well as the other Australian teams. What is your reasoning for forgetting the Western Force I would really like to know!"

Hope to get an interesting response!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    If you get any response, can you post it here? I'd love to hear their reasoning!

vCash

Talking

The Eastern States have had a chip on their shoulders ever since WA's inception into Super Rugby (e.g. "stealing" their talent from QLD & NSW).
    They are always quick to point out that WA has an inferiority complex, funnily enough.
    There is more than just physical distance between WA and the Eastern states and unfortunately, I can't see the likes of Fox Sports and Co giving the Force the same attention as other franchises until we stamp our mark on the tournament.
    Force fans will no doubt be looking forward to the day when they can rub all the haters noses in their own doo-doo

vCash
    I wouldn't hold my breath

Given oxygen theives Caroline Wilson and Gerard Whateley were two of the 4 hosts I'm not surprised

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't forget that "the whole of Australia" is QLD, NSW, Vic and occasionally SA.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Senior Player
    vCash
    I vote WA should look to emancipate ourselves from the rest we do contribute more to the federal coffers than the rest but we are treated like a red headed step child

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Perhaps they live by the credo that if you don't have anything good to say...

If they spent 5 minutes pointing out the Forces technical and strategic deficiencies, would you be saying "Ah well, at least they covered the game"...?

vCash
    proudkiwi97 5 hours ago
    ARU should get rid of the force and get a new team from either SA (South Australia), Gold Coast, or another team from Queensland or New South Wales

This was off youtube a few hours ago. These are the kind or morons we have to contend with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Perhaps they live by the credo that if you don't have anything good to say...

If they spent 5 minutes pointing out the Forces technical and strategic deficiencies, would you be saying "Ah well, at least they covered the game"...?
    If the analysis was informative and constructive criticism, yes. But lets face it, even if we wiped the floor with the Cheetahs the Eastern states media would probably only say "It was only the Cheetahs"

vCash
    I think the less the ES say about us the better as none of it is ever very good. I'd rather we just be the quiet achievers.

Champion
    vCash
    And now the tahs have had a win they will be flavour of the week we will be even less talked about. But I do hate hearing all the negative things so maybe that's a good thing. It seems when the force are written off they perform thier best so hopefully next week they will reward our faith.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    And now the tahs have had a win they will be flavour of the week we will be even less talked about. But I do hate hearing all the negative things so maybe that's a good thing. It seems when the force are written off they perform thier best so hopefully next week they will reward our faith.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    that about stuffs my tipping for this week. damn it.

vCash
    The answer is simple - we need to perform on the field and keep our noses clean off the field. We seem to have the latter under control, - let's hope this "rebuilding" can deliver the former in the not too distant future.

In the meantime it's not healthy to develop a victim mentality. I don't give a rat's arse what someone from Qld or NSW says on twitter about the Force, or that Phil Kearnes has a hard on for the warratahs - we need to focus on delivering results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    The answer is simple - we need to perform on the field and keep our noses clean off the field. We seem to have the latter under control, - let's hope this "rebuilding" can deliver the former in the not too distant future.

In the meantime it's not healthy to develop a victim mentality. I don't give a rat's arse what someone from Qld or NSW says on twitter about the Force, or that Phil Kearnes has a hard on for the warratahs - we need to focus on delivering results.
    I agree completely. Let it be known that Phil Kearnes has a hard-on for the Warrahtahs

Last edited by Nic; 24-03-13 at 19:07. Reason: (Also has a death warrant signed against Michael Foley for jumping ship on NSW)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    proudkiwi97 5 hours ago
    ARU should get rid of the force and get a new team from either SA (South Australia), Gold Coast, or another team from Queensland or New South Wales

This was off youtube a few hours ago. These are the kind or morons we have to contend with.
    People still make similar comments about the Melbourne Storm in the NRL and they actually win games. I try not to take it too personally when it happens to us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast