Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brand O Connor Here we go again

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Brumbies to move to Melbourne.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Did you forget about the RWC team photo incident????
    Yep. Forgot that one.

However the old "Before you become old and wise, you may have to get over being young and stupid" probably applies to JOC. Time will tell.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Question is do the Brumbies want JO'C?

Can't see them keeping all of the talented players coming through should they go after him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    They talked about that earlier in the season. I think O'Connor to the Brumbies will probably be best for everyone. Enough hard heads at the club to keep him in line and him going there is likely to result in freeing up the kind of players that are currently being wasted there like Robbie Coleman (although I reckon he will stay with his dad) and Zack Holmes. Those are the kinds of guys the Rebel and also the Force could really use.
    Bloody oath, I wish we could get Coleman - he would get plenty of game time with us and he is a very elusive runner.

Last edited by Macattack; 01-04-13 at 13:52.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Question is do the Brumbies want JO'C?

Can't see them keeping all of the talented players coming through should they go after him
    It would be a kick in the teeth for players like Mogg, Lealiifano and Toomua who might have to make way for him despite playing bloody good rugby this season. If I were a Brumbies fan, that would really pee me off!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    They talked about that earlier in the season. I think O'Connor to the Brumbies will probably be best for everyone. Enough hard heads at the club to keep him in line and him going there is likely to result in freeing up the kind of players that are currently being wasted there like Robbie Coleman (although I reckon he will stay with his dad) and Zack Holmes. Those are the kinds of guys the Rebel and also the Force could really use.
    Zack Holmes played well for the Brumbies last year when they lost Toomua and Lealifano - and he's a local Perth lad as well, isn't he..? Would be good to have him at the Force.

vCash
    Yep. If the cards fell that way, I'd much rather Holmes back than JOC.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    He wont go to the Brumbies, you have Jake White with the NO NONSENSE attitude, something that JOC couldn't get his head around who is still a professional rugby player with a teenager attitude that its "ME AND ME ONLY".

vCash
    I would like Holmes and Oconnor. We are so close to having a really good side. We just need a couple of players that can make a difference. Give the attack an edge. These two definitely do that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    O'Connor hasn't done much lately for there to be a reason to need him in any team. Yes he burst onto the scene in an overhyped way but he is not a game changing must have. He doesn't change games through individual brilliance or make the players around him better. He is still the arrogant little knob he was when he came here as a 17 year old. Right now i'm not even sure he's the 4th best fullback in Australia. Mogg, Mafi and Folau are playing much better rugby at the moment. I doubt he'll even be a Wallaby in a years time.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Not so sure about that NTT. JOC is a quality rugby player, regardless of his lack of off field quality. I think he's been badly advised by his management in his off field life and contracts. He definitely makes a difference to any team he plays in. I think the Wallabies could of used him last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    O'Connor hasn't done much lately for there to be a reason to need him in any team. Yes he burst onto the scene in an overhyped way but he is not a game changing must have. He doesn't change games through individual brilliance or make the players around him better. He is still the arrogant little knob he was when he came here as a 17 year old. Right now i'm not even sure he's the 4th best fullback in Australia. Mogg, Mafi and Folau are playing much better rugby at the moment. I doubt he'll even be a Wallaby in a years time.
    Even I have to disagree with you there NTT Judas is a hell of a player, elusive and quick runner, solid defense and he'll take anybody on. As for making the players around him better, he does as long as the other players know their place, clean out, or run lines off him being tackled to grab the offload. He will ALWAYS take it to the line and expect to get through, other players are secondary in his mind.

He's an arse, but he deserves a Wallaby call up. The top 12s in oz would be

Judas
    Kyle
    Toomua
    Tapuaii
    Nobody from the Tahs (let's face it, Tom Carter was in the mix until a couple of weeks ago)

I would put judas at 1 or 2 in that list. I would have all 4 in the squad and probably pick three to hang around. Kyle will get a look at Wallabies, but the match day players will be Judas and Taps, I'm not convinced Kyle is better than Matty Toomua yet....injuries might play a part.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Even I have to disagree with you there NTT Judas is a hell of a player, elusive and quick runner, solid defense and he'll take anybody on. As for making the players around him better, he does as long as the other players know their place, clean out, or run lines off him being tackled to grab the offload. He will ALWAYS take it to the line and expect to get through, other players are secondary in his mind.

He's an arse, but he deserves a Wallaby call up. The top 12s in oz would be

Judas
    Kyle
    Toomua
    Tapuaii
    Nobody from the Tahs (let's face it, Tom Carter was in the mix until a couple of weeks ago)

I would put judas at 1 or 2 in that list. I would have all 4 in the squad and probably pick three to hang around. Kyle will get a look at Wallabies, but the match day players will be Judas and Taps, I'm not convinced Kyle is better than Matty Toomua yet....injuries might play a part.
    When you say Toomua do you men lilo? Toomua is a 10

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    no chance JO'C would go to the Brumbies, it's clear how South African Coaches treat people who don't do their homework

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash

Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast