Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER HEARTACHE.

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio how did Rasolea train tonight

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't think I know Tanks, but I do know how hard it is to come to terms with a death in a family, even a family drawn together by a love of rugby. My condolences to all his loved ones and to the Kalamunda Rugby Club.

Yes, it certainly seems Wests have the wood on poor old Palmyra this Sunday with two very competent Force players bolstering West's already fantastic backline. It will all come down to Palmyra's forwards in the end, and their ability to keep the ball away from Wests running backs. No backs defence will hold them out, not in WA rugby anyway.

Training at Pally looked sharp, and there is some depth there; their second team is as sharp as their firsts have been over the last several seasons, and Wests will have a job on it's hands in that grade.

Good news for Pally is that Wanneroo has forfieted its fifth grade. I guess the Roo Dogs blinked first. I was so looking forward to my first game after six years on the couch!

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 04-04-13 at 23:49. Reason: correct spelling error

Champion
    vCash
    Yes my condolences to Tanks family and the Kala club also but again Fulvio how did Junior Rasolea train on the wing for Paly tonight

vCash
    Ask someone from Cottesloe, Westie.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Any truth to the rumour that ex Force player, Pussey is actively recruiting Force players on behalf of Cott and as late as yesterday was diverting players from the clubs towards Cottesloe training with various inducements?

The sum of $400 per game for Rasolea was mentioned plus some additional inducements such as a job for his girlfriend and some other financial titbits.

Can anyone verify this?

Why can't so-called "professional" players just play for clubs because its the right thing to do and not scramble around looking for every last cent they can get. The word "professional" doesn't mean "I'll do anything for money"; there are other parts of being a professional like community responsibilities, responsibilities to sponsors etc or even just a bit of good old fashioned self respect.

PS Pussey was allocated to Wests originally and refused to play for them if my memory serves me correct. Westie?

PPS Sounds like Cott have done their usual and thrown a lot of cash at Force players so they have more than anyone else. Can anyone shed any light on how they are getting their money or who is funding their short sighted attempt to save them from eventual oblivion?

Last edited by RumourMonger; 05-04-13 at 10:19.

vCash
    Interesting comments RM. Its funny as I heard that other clubs, that prominent members of TWF who are not playing 5ths this week, are doing exactly that same thing with exactly the same $ amount for additional game fees. Whilst I have no issue with player payments as boot money has been around since the beginning of the game, I have been told, by pro players involved that $3-400 is about the going rate currently.

Whilst I am not a fan RM, maybe you should spread your focus from one club to a number of clubs including those outside the dreaded and "hated" Golden Triangle. You never know what you can dig up to feed the beast.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    If that's a veiled reference to me, Dinky, I have never offered to, paid, negotiated with, agreed to pay or ever discussed payment of any money to any player in the forty five years or so that I have been involved in rugby. Nor have I ever been involved in the administration of any club that has done so whilst I was an official thereof in any capacity.

If anyone wants to make any allegation to the contrary, I invite them to do so now, and I will discredit them for the liars they are.

I am one of those dinosaurs who is passionately against renumerating players for doing something they should be doing for the love of the sport. The soul of the game was destroyed by the acceptance of professionalism in 1996, and I am eternally grateful that my playing involvement was substantially before that time.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Here I was thinking it was the lure of some boot money bringing you out of retirement!

Player
    vCash
    "I am one of those dinosaurs who is passionately against renumerating"
    I don't think giving the players different numbers would make much difference.
    Spelling aside your point is well made. Well said good sentiments Fulvio.

Last edited by Political BS; 05-04-13 at 13:03. Reason: Correct grammer

Champion
    vCash
    Quite correct RM Pusey used Wests like a doormat and lets face it he wasn't much chop anyway and as I've posted elsewhere the Force are happy for clubs to pay for players cos it means ii's less they have to pay them.When I was up watching Wanneroo vs joondalup last week this subject came up and a well known board member said this shit is going to change and the funny thing was he said it with a straight face.

Champion
    vCash
    Forgot to mention, the 400 per game getting thrown around is peanuts,we pay triple that .Our new sponsor has some kind of new fuel additive product on the market too.So if any Force players are looking to set themselves up for life come on down to Bennet Park,you don't have to train just rock up to the game.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

Talking

you could be onto something Westy,I suggest you invest heavily in the product

what is there to lose?

vCash
    Fulvio - was not a personal slight in any way - your commentary is usually insightful and fun. However, personal conversations with pro players at certain clubs outside of the hated few in the west bits have confirmed that payments are being made and a club close to your heart is doing it along with the others. I don't want to get into naming names etc as it is not illegal or immoral in today's game which, in spite of us old farts who played in the pre 96 era, is now a job to some.. lucky bastards. I just wanted RM to realise that its not limited to Waneroo and the usual suspects but it is now prevalent in pretty much all clubs.

Frankly, I don't know what the big deal is. The Pro players can't have any other job so if you want a "star" to rock up and play, you should expect to pay.. same anywhere. The worst bit is that it is now "sub pro standard" players expecting the same thing.....

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Senior Player
    vCash
    Its that being paid just to turn up attitude that is causing the problem. My understanding is that the so called professional players are expecting money for breathing essentially and not even turning up.

Its for this reason that I understand that a certain "Golden Triangle" club is pursuing two former Force players legally because of money being paid without the promised consideration.

If we accept that the modern day "professional" player (and I use that term reluctantly) is a money grubbing disloyal being then I look forward to them getting their come uppance and will have no sympathy when they get sacked or poorly treated by their employer or "supporters". Supporters may be too strong a word - we shouldn't support them in the traditional sense. Treat them like pieces of furniture - if they break; throw them away and get a new one; don't worry about repairing.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    you could be onto something Westy,I suggest you invest heavily in the product

what is there to lose?
    Can't say much more ,Tim seems so genuine and sincere though

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast