Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER HEARTACHE.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER HEARTACHE.

And so another year has rolled by, and we see the start of a new club season on Sunday.

Let's have a look at the match ups for the first games.

Nedlands v Associates
    The battle of last year's Titans and grand finalists. As usual Neddies have had a slow start to the pre season and will take a week or two to warm up - but then watch out. Soaks have looked ordinary so far but they are better than they have shown. They should beat Nedlands by a comfortable margin, taking control in the forwards through their lumbering pack and doing just enough through their backs.

Cottesloe v UWA
    Dark Horse Cott should take the points here, with Uni not inspiring its followers so far. Cott have quietly done well in the scratch matches, particularly against Wests who are still front runners with their Force input, while Uni looked insipid against Palmyra and average against Soaks.

Palmyra v Wests
    With a few players temporarily out through injuries and last minute New Zealand vacations, not to mention a defection or two, Pally will be up against it this weekend. Their only hope is to control the game through the forwards and deprive the West backline playmakers of opportunities. If that fails it should be a cricket score to Wests.

Wanneroo v Perth
    The dogs to win in a landslide. As lacking in Depth as Wanneroo are, they look like they are rolling in player wealth compared to Perth. I predict Wanneroo will be competition leaders in round one, though it will be all down hill from there.

Kalamunda v Rockingham
    Kala's Hampshire Medal winning star recruit will be playing up a storm, as will a few of their recent imports, but I doubt there is the player support required to carry that dispirited club to victory. Rockingham on the other hand have had a solid pre season and nothing to lose but their underdog status.

Good luck to every club that isn't playing Pally.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In the Championship on Sunday ....
    Mandurah Pirates host Arks,
    Curtin will entertain Swans
    and Southern Lions travel up to Joondalup

Best of luck to all clubs in WA.

Veteran
    vCash
    who are the swans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    who are the swans?
    old midland team

http://www.swansuburbs.rugbynet.com.au/

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Player
    vCash
    Who really cares about the mid week comp can't see players wanting to travel and play two games a week for nothing when real season starts

Senior Player
    vCash
    Fulvio has put his old fella on the block so so shall I.

Nedlands v Associates
    Nedlands will win this. Those bastards have got something up their sleeve - their trial form has been average but pre-season they were hot in the sevens so I'm punting on them having their act together against those chardonnay sipping silver spooners who think they are better than everyone else.

Cottesloe v UWA
    Wouldn't it be great to see these two beat the crap out of each other with mass carnage? Cott will win this but lets hope they pick up some collateral damage along the way.

Palmyra v Wests
    A tight one - will pick Pally to win because its their home game. All those people picking Wests to be real contenders this year will know after Sunday whether they knew what they were talking about or just bluffing their way through life on this website as I suspect.

Wanneroo v Perth
    Wanneroo have very little depth but should win this one. Baysie; well the rumour mill is rife with stories about them not having enough players to last round 1 let alone the full season. We'll soon find out.

Kalamunda v Rockingham
    This is the game I'll be at. Will be a real scrap so the ref should bring his cards. May be betting with my heart but I reckon Rocky have a sniff here.

vCash
    What is it about you and my old fella?

Champion
    vCash
    All home wins this weekend

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post

Kalamunda v Rockingham
    This is the game I'll be at. Will be a real scrap so the ref should bring his cards.
    Be careful what you wish for!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I might see if I can get down to Hartfield - folk here are talking up a good game!

vCash
    Kala v Rocky will be an interesting game after they met 2 weeks ago in a trial, so each side knows a bit more about the other. I'm tipping Kala to win. With the passing of last years 2nd grade coach Tank today, there will be enough motivation for the boys to be right up for this one.
    Soaks v Neddies will be a cracker. Ignore form, Grand Final redemption is on the line. Neddies to win with no Godwin controlling things for Soaks.
    Wests to beat Paly with their bolstered backline.
    UWA to beat Cott. Just because.
    Roodogs to annihilate Perth. The rumblings are telling me Perth isn't a happy club right now. Players questioning the coaches behind closed doors. That sort of thing, plus their D is not much chop.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Kala v Rocky will be an interesting game after they met 2 weeks ago in a trial, so each side knows a bit more about the other. I'm tipping Kala to win. With the passing of last years 2nd grade coach Tank today, there will be enough motivation for the boys to be right up for this one.
    Soaks v Neddies will be a cracker. Ignore form, Grand Final redemption is on the line. Neddies to win with no Godwin controlling things for Soaks.
    Wests to beat Paly with their bolstered backline.
    UWA to beat Cott. Just because.
    Roodogs to annihilate Perth. The rumblings are telling me Perth isn't a happy club right now. Players questioning the coaches behind closed doors. That sort of thing, plus their D is not much chop.
    Shit, what happened to Tanks?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    NTT, are you referring to the inclusion of Morrison into West's backline or have they got other Force players coming in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    Shit, what happened to Tanks?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    He died this morning at work. The cause is unknown at the moment. Was good to see a lot of faces at the club tonight having a drink for him.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    NTT, are you referring to the inclusion of Morrison into West's backline or have they got other Force players coming in?
    I thought Westies Man was boasting about 'the states best backline' a little while back. CTM has been in good form for them though i hear. With Haywards headbutt effort against the Cheetahs he might be available for them aswell.
    Razor was looking sharp at training tonight.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast