Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Game Day!! Force v Rebels

vCash
    Any more progress towards completion

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Just over 11,000
    Could have fitted that into the old stadium and had room left over. They carry on with results like yesterday and someone will have wasted a lot of money on that grandstand.
    I'm just dreading what the Saders will do to us next week. And don't forget the Lions will be using us for a warm up at Subi at least the score board can rack up 3 digits.,

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Any more progress towards completion
    Of the stadium? Not that I noticed. It looked exactly the same to me as it did on 23 March. There is a lot of 'fitting out' to do at the back of the eastern stand. Might be ready by Rd 1 in 2014!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    How much was the "resting" of Pek and Brownie a factor in last night's shambles? They have both been stalwarts this season. And at least Pek makes up for some of the waste of space that is Soletseat Ma'Food.

Did the coaching team think the Rebels were going to be such a walkover that they could do without them?

Anyone know if the "resting" policy has been used by the Force before? I can't remember it. If the guys are fit and performing well, they've played. Surely it's not just because of the Lions tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Tell him he's dreaming.

I said at the start of the season we would be lucky to be tenth.

Based upon that, I'm glad the league doesn't have relegation.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wish I had listened to your words of caution GIGS and had not got caught up in the 're-launch fever' that RugbyWA infected me with before the start of the season!! Very, very disillusioned.

Got to say I feel sorry for Foles too. That performance let him down last night as well I feel.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Lets consult the Uday Hussein book of coaching?

vCash
    When you a side that is sitting 1-6 (well 1-5 before last night) on the ladder you don't rest players

vCash
    The upside

Rex took kids for family outing to professional rugby in Perth. Lets not lose sight of the fact we are able to attend professional rugby. Does anybody remember the sheer delight of receiving confirmation that the 4th professional rugby franchise would be Perth Western Australia. My members end has been as hard as a lead pencil since the announcement.

High in Mount NIB in row HH, Rex and kids had a superb view of a professional rugby match in a rectangulat stadium with comfortable seats and a great view.

Rex juniors cheered every Force point. We ooed, we ahhed.

The travel to the game dressed in Force attire was an adventure. The Bratworst was more than a kid could eat.

There was fireworks.

We sledged O'Connor

We cheered furiously everytime the Force scored points. We went into raptures and high fived when the Big screen displayed TRY It was great theatre. The kids cared not who won or lost but it was a great day out with the old man. Rex stayed sober and didn't get in a fight.

The new stadium is the ducks nuts. When I was a lad I sat on the mud and clover of the hill at Henson park watching the blue bags get their weekly annihilation.

Rugby is a pleasure to watch. You can sit on your sorry @ss at home in front of the TV, or you can fire up and dress up, gee up and travel up to the rugby. It's great to have that choice. The South African women in the crowd provide outstanding eye candy and the kiwis provide great humor.

It was a great day

The downside

The error count was a comedy. I haven't seen the TV replay, but as a rugby purist, I was ready to head for the exit at the 30 minute mark.

Despite the poor effort, it was a game we should have won.

We gave those belters the game on a silverplate. Despite all the dropped balls, bombed tries and missed kicks from in front........we slipped over when fielding an easy kick gifting them 7 points and we missed a touchfinder which should have put us hot on attack but instead we muffed the kick and even worse kicked it over the dead ball line giving them a scrum back where we kicked it which was compounded by conceding a penalty. They went on to score points.

The inept kicking game of up and unders that went backwards and clearing kicks out on the full became a sorce of nausea as the circus continued.

Our backrow was beaten badly in this game. We lost the collisions quite noticeably from my view from the air. The Rabble seemed much more dynamic in contact.

What was noticeable was that our team was walking after only a few minutes. They clearly weren't up for this game. This is the bit that annoys me. Theydidn't turn up to a game they should have won on their own track to thank the fans. The effort seemed underdone to me. Mafu and Longbottom were terrible. They were walking after a few minutes and were ineffective in the game.

The Rabble were on the back end of a disatrous tour to RSA where they were belted, were in team disharmony and jet lagged. We should have put them to the sword. The opening 30 minutes of the game suggested it was us that was jet lagged. Perhaps the effort against the Tahs took a lot out of the group?

I didn't just expect a win, I was expecting a rout. The warning light came on at the opening kickoff when we dropped the ball and they nearly scored the fastest try in super rugby history.

The error count was ridiculous

The poor kicks, the bad penalty misses, the dropped ball, the stupid flick passes when hot on attack...........it was sickening and frustrating to watch.

It was great to see Whittaker get back on the field and show some aggro in his first few minutes.

The Force grew into the game and leveled with about 15 to go? They seemed to have the momentum and the disbelieving crowd that had become stuporous from the poor level of skills from both teams came briefly to life......then the self destruction kicked in as it always does.

I wouldn't want rugby to go elsewhere though so I will shut up, buck up, turn it up, gee up and keep flying the flag. Despite the frustration, the team is 90% better than last year and will cause some upsets this season.

Carn the Force

Controversy corner

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    hope little tommy behaved himself

vCash
    Nice one Rex but whose left that we have a realistic chance of upsetting?
    After that performance we are whoevers puppy!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Shoot them??!! Bit extreme.....!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    saves paying out their contract!

ATM they can't do the basics right.Just do the simple things well---not that difficult is it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    not that difficult is it?
    Apparently it is for this bunch of alleged professionals
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    The errors aren't due to lack of practice. They are due to mental weakness on game day. That comes down to individual character and it looks like we have too many guys who just don't cut the mustard mentally
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    We need to source some lions first.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast