Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Game Day!! Force v Rebels

vCash
    I will put myself through hell and watch it tomorrow and hope I can. Find some redeeming factors that I missed live. But I doubt it.
    Another pev. Why when we scored a try it wasn't shown just "try" flashing on and off.
    The opposition score and its shown 3/4 times! It's about time that the Force gets some one who understands rugby to run the sound and video booth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    At the 20 minute mark, why didn't McMeniman take a nice low dive for the try-line?!
    because he is a lock, not a winger.. There should have been backs there, not him...

furious about the game still.. had to watch the gods must be crazy to get some sense into my life...

Senior Player
    vCash
    The Rebels attacked our right flank all throughout the first half, and got another try there in the second. That was Dellit's wing.

The mistakes that were made in the game were not becoming of a professional outfit. Professional players should NOT make the errors we saw tonight.

When Longbottom went off, I cringed. It meant Ma'afu had to play the whole game, and he does not have the fitness, the commitment, or the interest.

Even the scrum was crap today, especially after McMeniman went off - does Wykes actually push?

Sias is in the side mainly because of his kicking - fat lot of good that did us today.

And many of our backs, Mafi, Mathewson and Godwin aside, just don't cut it at this level.

What was a tragedy just turned into a comedy as the game progressed. The fightback was good - but really, it was reasonable to expect they would. But the bounce of the ball, the referee's oblivousness to forward passes, and our own shoddy defence, all went the Rebels' way.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    This morning I woke up to have a conversation with the ZoeMonster.

"Did the Force win last night Daddy?"

"No baby"

"Who did we play?"

"The Rebels"

"Oh, Stupid James O'Connor" Out of the mouths of 11 year olds.....

then I was reminded about the post that was written a couple of years ago.

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
    The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book, first of all its cheap and secondly it has the words Don't Panic inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.

OK

Now that everyone has had the opportunity to vent their frustrations and exclaim that the sky is falling and the glass not only is half empty but bone dry.

Before we see a pile of burning Western Force merchandise out the front of RugbyWA HQ. Lets all take a breath and weigh up some positives and get behind our team. Its a pretty safe bet they arent feeling that flash today.

------------------------------------
    This year is all about relaunch - and for those whose memory is addled or just to young (or old) we are doing waaaaaaaaaaay better then our first year.

Lets spare a thought for those who got injured last night too - there was like 5 of them I think - and a number of them are the guys that were playing out of their skin for us this season.

Now if everyone can join hands and repeat after me "I believe in the FORCE, The WHOLE FORCE and nothing but the FORCE. So help me Mick"

and lets never forget that the glass is always half full, and we need a top up.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    GOD DAMMIT ! LET'S JUST BEAT THE FAHKEN' NEW ZEALANDERS NEXT WEEK!!!

DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR FANS, FOR FAHK'S SAKE!
    Tell him he's dreaming.

I said at the start of the season we would be lucky to be tenth.

Based upon that, I'm glad the league doesn't have relegation.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ma'afu is an absolute passenger in that side. There must be a reason the queensland cowboys let tupou leave. Sorry hodgo but i think our side plays better when pek is skipper.My membership is very debatable at the moment. (Foundation member) SHIT it hurts.

vCash
    I'm definitely a glass half full person. Even yesterday I dragged my wife and two kids, fully decked out in our new Force team jerseys in the blazing heat through KL, to watch my beloved Force at our favourite watering hole. My wife had already concluded we would lose (half empty). My daughter was happy as she loves the colour of the Force jersey. My son, however, was the surprise package. Having played rugby since he was 4 (Joondalup) and now playing for Royal Selangor under 12s here in KL, he's fairly knowledgable about the game. Yesterday he was convinced we'd lose to the Rebels because "we're just crap dad". As with my son I'm so over it myself now. We watched the game in a sports bar full of Kiwis. I refuse to be that embarrassed again. Pish is the only word I can find that describes yesterday's performance.

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    The most frustrating thing is that we got worse yesterday not better.

Our attack showed more promise in round one than yesterday.

vCash
    As we a rebuilding, we are not expected to win or improve!
    I wonder if I can get my money back as I bought my memberships for a team I expected to at least play competitive rugby with the bottom teams.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Im glad my contact lenses got blown away by the wind. Couldnt see what was going on for 60 minutes.tru story.will have to watch the replay when i get home.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I thought developing teams are supposed to improve as the season goes on? I didn't have thoughts of us playing finals this year but seriously we have gone backwards this year, our attack looked better in the earlier rounds (minus the debacle vs the Kings)

Based on last night the Crusaders will rack up a Cricket score against us next week and the problem is most of us know they can play better then what they served up yesterday

You ain't going to win many games when you keep gifting the opposition possession and field position.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Too right Jargs. Message to Mr Foley and the rest of the team - we are not going to be competitive against ANY team, least of all the Crusaders, if we kick away possession. When we have come close against the Crusaders, and the time we beat them, we took it up to them, ran the ball and ran at them, and muscled up in the forwards. Turnover ball will be the death of us against the Saders, and noone takes high balls like Dagg, and few counterattack like the Catabrians.

vCash
    I think hodgo was right, when the TEAM sticks to the game plan the ship sails smoothly. From my eyes it looks like we panic when we get tackled behind the gain line and think a kick downfield whilst disorganised is going to fix things! That plan may have worked in under 14s but professionals should be able to control the game better and regroup. It's the individual errors that are hurting the team! Simple things need to be adjusted, things like silly 50/50 passes, holding the ball in the correct hand when initiating contact (dellit especially, he is playing right wing but holds the ball under his left hand every time - easy to hold up and turnover), pointless kicking etc... There is a good playing group here, they just need to return to playing as a group!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Whatever the ARU is thinking of doing to help us and the Rabble, it can't come soon enough. What was yesterday's gate?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stejwill View Post
    Whatever the ARU is thinking of doing to help us and the Rabble, it can't come soon enough. What was yesterday's gate?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Just over 11,000

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast