Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Phone

vCash
    I still don't think the likes of Samsung & HTC are quite up there with Apple, but I can't really see Apple being the market leader in smart phones for much longer. They just don't seem to be as innovative as they used to be. The 5s or 6 needs to blow the competition out the water, not just have a slighter better camera a marginally longer battery life. They've relied for too long on Apple fanboys to keep on coming back and buying their products.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I still don't think the likes of Samsung & HTC are quite up there with Apple, but I can't really see Apple being the market leader in smart phones for much longer. They just don't seem to be as innovative as they used to be. The 5s or 6 needs to blow the competition out the water, not just have a slighter better camera a marginally longer battery life. They've relied for too long on Apple fanboys to keep on coming back and buying their products.
    Agreed. Im pretty brand loyal. But I've been looking around and thinking I've been gipped with the 5. There are phones with better hardware & software out before the 5. Apple released this one in reputation as opposed to innovation. Apart from an extra layer of apps
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Yep, But most chargers are USB at some point before the socket. So it's pretty hard to run out of battery if you have a USB charger
    Roger that. Got the all the gizmos. But still in some of the places we end up when we're away they are useless or too much mucking around. But GPS may be pretty important. Charged batteries are good to go.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Actually, brand loyalty is all that's driving their market share ATM. They had the opportunity to lead the pack with the 5 but wimped out, making a device which merely copied what the others were doing rather than improving on it.

They lead the field for the same reason that windows leads the field in PC desktops. Not better, just more people have them!

C'mon the

vCash
    I simply dislike the 'proprietary' of Apple.
    to get a folder of documents, from my pc, to my phone, shouldnt go through my music library to do so! haha.

vCash
    I like android because it's open source, more likely to be buggy, but also more likely that some geeky bastard somewhere on the planet has exactly the same need you have and has seen fit to develop an app to fix it.

Without having to buy a Macintosh and pay at least a hundred bucks a year for the privilege of submitting his code to apple so they can decide if people will want to use it!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    What network are you on Larry?
    AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I like android because it's open source, more likely to be buggy, but also more likely that some geeky bastard somewhere on the planet has exactly the same need you have and has seen fit to develop an app to fix it.
    That is a plus for many. In Exile's case though I think it would be a negative. I'm assuming that he's not really a geek. In that case an iOS or WP would be better for him. IMO either of them is a much better option for a first time smart phone owner or a non geek type person. They simply work with very few if any issues. Although I'd assume that the new androids are more stable. I haven't owned one for about a year now.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Without having to buy a Macintosh and pay at least a hundred bucks a year for the privilege of submitting his code to apple so they can decide if people will want to use it!
    and Apple take 30% of any purchase price for stuff.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    That is a plus for many. In Exile's case though I think it would be a negative. I'm assuming that he's not really a geek. In that case an iOS or WP would be better for him. IMO either of them is a much better option for a first time smart phone owner or a non geek type person. They simply work with very few if any issues. Although I'd assume that the new androids are more stable. I haven't owned one for about a year now.
    Oh, for sure, the iPhone is definitely a smart phone for dumb people. I never hesitated to suggest one for my missus who is a complete technophobe. But (IIRC) ex is already sporting an android tablet, so there's no problems with getting his head around the geek issues.

And droids have come a long way since the honeycomb days.

C'mon the

vCash
    I thought that was Zoe's tablet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    I just signed up for the HTC one (not to be confused with the HTC oneXL)
    pick up my new phone this afternoon! probably have to wait a little while to transfer my number etc, but will be sure to post my thoughts shortly!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    My Current phone is a HTC Wildfire and yes GIGS i do still have my Nexus7 Android Tablet.

I am considering the Galaxy Note II, or the new Sony Experia.

I am beginning to think that its time Zoe had her own phone, so at this stage the plan is for Zoe to have the HTC Wildfire when I upgrade and I get her a pay as you go plan. But then I think that at 11 does she really need a phone. But - when I want to talk to her, I have to call her mother and she wont always answer the phone. and she might call me back, or she might not. It makes it hard.

Anyone with an opinion - I would love to hear it.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Zoe is a lovely 11yo who seems to dote on her Daddy. How many 11yo girls give Dad a running report on all the refereeing blunders from her Sportsears? Keep in constant touch. Get her the phone mate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    My view on when a child should have a cell phone. As soon as they are left somewhere without either parent other than school. So if you drop them off for dance class, or a game they should have a way to contact you.

In your case Ex get her a phone. It's your daughter you should be able to talk to her any time. Not just when your ex wife feels like you should.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast