Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Restruture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    No doubt the most illegitimate premiership in RWA's history. Their name should be struck from the trophy.
    Well said.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Final.. The player you complain about had a marginal impact.
    Whenever the question has been posed about the Force guys eligibility for Cottesloe, rather than attempt to justify it all you ever hear is that they didn't play well so their eligibility (or lack there of) is irrelevant and the Premiership is legitimate. It's like a sprinter taking banned steroids, but then claiming it's not cheating because they didn't win...

Last edited by zed; 03-05-13 at 10:03.

Senior Player
    vCash
    If Rugby WA wanted to rid themselves of this entire sordid affair they should have the balls to bring Cott to account for their treachery and wipe the name Cottesloe from the records ( a bit like the war years when their was no rugby played).

This matter is still festering in the background and needs to be cleansed.

Perhaps TWF should petition Rugby WA to delete Cott from the records for that year (or forever?).

PS Anyone got any goss on the Cott player being cited by Baysie for allegedly elbowing / punching a young Baysie forward - some serious eye socket damage apparently? Someone must know something. I fully expect it will be swept under the carpet because of the Cott connection, however there must be some more information out there.

vCash
    If Rugby WA wanted to rid themselves of this entire sordid affair they should have the balls to bring Cott to account for their treachery and wipe the name Cottesloe from the records ( a bit like the war years when their was no rugby played).

This matter is still festering in the background and needs to be cleansed.

Perhaps TWF should petition Rugby WA to delete Cott from the records for that year (or forever?).

PS Anyone got any goss on the Cott player being cited by Baysie for allegedly elbowing / punching a young Baysie forward - some serious eye socket damage apparently? Someone must know something. I fully expect it will be swept under the carpet because of the Cott connection, however there must be some more information out there.
    I'm guessing the baysie player got 5 weeks for headbutting the Cott's players fist?

Player
    vCash
    Dear RM,
    So we agree that Wanneroo put in no complaint and their Pres at that time backed the RWA decision and Wanneroo played Cott in the Semi two weeks before the Grand Final.
    I went to the Grand Final and made a particular point of watching the relative performance of those players you are talking about and the impact they had on the game in view of all the controversy that was being whipped up.
    Paly had a number of very dynamic game breakers in the backs who were well contained by a very disciplined Cott backline. Cott strangled the Palmyra excitement machines and when Cott went forward they were again very disciplined playing a very organised field position and possession game steered around the paddock by PG Hampshire winning Number 10 Dave Cloete. Number 8 Matty Aitken was by far and away Cotts best forward, but Paly number 6Felipe Manu was best on ground.
    The try you refer to was late in the game and made no difference to the outcome.
    I have some sympathy for the Swimming Pool should'nt have played argument, but at the end of the day Rugby in WA had suddenly moved forward a quantum leap since the old days of amatuerism. People were always going to be divided about that. On the one hand some people think it is great that WA rugby now has Super Rugby and Wallabies playing in the Comp...... but on the other hand dealing with their movements in and out is always tricky cause the Wallaby program and game timings of the old Tri Nations was around finals time.
    WA Rugby is no longer a sleepy little comfortable backwater. We are part of the international scene through the Force's impact from time to time that will affect the local comp.
    Could we just be clear that we are arguing about a couple of games from quite some years ago and maybe its time people moved on.

Player
    vCash
    Thanks Zed,
    Good point about justification. I don't have the Comp Rules from back then, but my recollection is that players representing the State as the Western Force does had special provisions in the Comp Rules to ensure that representing the State did not preclude them from being eligible for finals...... If they are playing for the State the obviously miss Club games.
    And the guy we refer to did'nt play well.

vCash
    I've seen the video footage (it's on the Perth Bayswater facebook page if anyone has access to it) and it is like watching a clip from UFC. I have heard rumblings that it is just being brushed under the carpet but a little birdy whistled to me that it might be taken straight to the ARU if no action is taken by RugbyWA... Was a cowardly attack by an experienced player on a young kid playing his first year of senior rugby! I would hate to have seen what action would have been taken if the situation was reversed and it was a Baysie boy giving the Cott player a beatdown! Worst thing about the footage is the referee is less than 2mtrs away from the incident and looking directly at it then turns his head and body to follow the ball, completely ignoring the thuggery going on.

vCash
    Thanks Zed,
    Good point about justification. I don't have the Comp Rules from back then, but my recollection is that players representing the State as the Western Force does had special provisions in the Comp Rules to ensure that representing the State did not preclude them from being eligible for finals...... If they are playing for the State the obviously miss Club games.
    And the guy we refer to did'nt play well.
    I thought that RWA brought in some new dispensation rule right before finals time specifically to allow these players to play, hence the reason it became so much of a contentious issue. i.e there was not something at the start of the season in the rule book that RWA could point to and say "look see they're eligible". That was my understanding, but I could be wrong.

vCash
    Speaking of State PBS.....

When the fark are the force getting rid of this 'Sea of Blue' BS and re-introducing our State colours into the force jersey.

Our state team's have been traveling over east wearing black and gold well before the Force arrived.

Anybody ..... ?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Speaking of State PBS.....

When the fark are the force getting rid of this 'Sea of Blue' BS and re-introducing our State colours into the force jersey.

Our state team's have been traveling over east wearing black and gold well before the Force arrived.

Anybody ..... ?
    The answer is never, let it go

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Hello again Zed,
    Nothing special was done. No special rules were brought in. RWA used the existing rules. They did say that at the time, but I don't think some people wanted to hear that. The Rules were changed a bit the next year to deal with these sorts of situations better, but there is never going to be a perfect answer.

Player
    vCash
    Thanks Pacman,
    I am not involved in any formal capacity in Rugby anymore and have never had any say over team clours etc... So I really can't answer that question.
    I am with you though.... I always liked the Perth Spirit and the old WAJRU "bumble bee" gold and black hoops. Having said that I am a 100% loyal Force supporter and thems the colours. I was disappointed when the "away" jumper went away from the Gold and Black.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Could we just be clear that we are arguing about a couple of games from quite some years ago and maybe its time people moved on.
    An injustice was done and the idea that people should forget it and move on is an insult to the three clubs involved and the broader rugby community.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    a little birdy whistled to me that it might be taken straight to the ARU if no action is taken by RugbyWA... Was a cowardly attack by an experienced player on a young kid playing his first year of senior rugby!
    My best advice is not to trust the judiciary process.

Take the matter directly to the Police as soon as practicable.

vCash
    An injustice was done and the idea that people should forget it and move on is an insult to the three clubs involved and the broader rugby community.
    Come on RM, it's Friday, the sun is shining - time we moved on old chap!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast