Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Restruture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Come on RM, it's Friday, the sun is shining - time we moved on old chap!
    It's not shinning in RockyNam

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I thought that RWA brought in some new dispensation rule right before finals time specifically to allow these players to play, hence the reason it became so much of a contentious issue. i.e there was not something at the start of the season in the rule book that RWA could point to and say "look see they're eligible". That was my understanding, but I could be wrong.
    Just for your clarity Zed, the loophole was that Cott argued and this was supported by Rugby WA at the time (in all fairness I think RWA felt like the meat in the sandwich) that these players by playing for the Force were actually playing for "the State" and hence allowed them to play. Not the spirit of the Competition Rules (meant for guys playing for Perth Gold or WA) but a loophole that was exploited then. Think this may have been remedied since but not sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Just for your clarity Zed, the loophole was that Cott argued and this was supported by Rugby WA at the time (in all fairness I think RWA felt like the meat in the sandwich) that these players by playing for the Force were actually playing for "the State" and hence allowed them to play. Not the spirit of the Competition Rules (meant for guys playing for Perth Gold or WA) but a loophole that was exploited then. Think this may have been remedied since but not sure.
    Ah right.

Yeah the Force certainly does not equal the state. So I guess within the rules, but unethical?

Player
    vCash
    I think it is the case that RWA got caught with a set of rules which had not kept pace with the advent of Professional Rugby and had to apply the set of rules it had to a new situation.
    It was also a triple decker sandwich which RWA was stuck in because "the Player" had been dropped out of the Wallabies squad to go to NZ and was told to go back and play Club rugby. He went back to play for his club and all hell broke loose.
    Zed, you are right... What is legal is not always ethical and what is ethical is not always legal.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    What is legal is not always ethical and what is ethical is not always legal.
    Fulvio, is PBS saying you are not ethical or not legal? Very confusing.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't know, don't care any more.

vCash
    It's almost beer o clock! Come on group hug?

Player
    vCash
    Could we just be clear that we are arguing about a couple of games from quite some years ago and maybe its time people moved on.
    To me that is where the problem is. The Force players only play a couple of games each year (not many of them) and then have an impact at the crucial part of the season. If they all played club rugby in Perth, when either not in the game day 22, or during their off weekend then I'm sure all of us would be happy.

Spare of thought also to the club player busting his guts out week in week out, only to be left out for the GF!

vCash
    And the guy we refer to did'nt play well.
    I don't want to get involved other than to say - repeating the above does not justify Rugby WA's behaviour.

Rookie
    vCash

Where are they all

So where are all the non starting 22 players for the Force who are in the Force group playing this weekend to at least get game time ? Two at Pally, 2 at Soaks and the others?

vCash
    I'm guessing the baysie player got 5 weeks for headbutting the Cott's players fist?
    String her got rubbed out for that..

Player
    vCash
    Fulvio is both ethical and legal.
    Also very clever.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    String her got rubbed out for that..
    .The judiciary weren't going to act on the act of thuggery until it was going to get taken further.The young Baysie kid also got a fractured eye socket for his troubles.Faarken disgraceful conduct by a repeat offender club,what do they teach them down there.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Do you expect anything different from rugby WA

Rugby WA suck please quit

vCash

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast