Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rockingham growth focus for revamp

vCash
    thanks chertubler at least I can be confident that my recent distance from the club hasn't clouded my view of the feelings there.

what do you think about the feeder club idea, will the requisite egos give up their precious position to allow something like that?

note, for it to occur, it would require the team not to be closely aligned with the current rocky club. I would think a name change and different playing strip would be essential
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think the size of some current Premier grade clubs don't help the likes of Rockingham. There are many players who live within Rocky catchment who travel to many other clubs to play 1st through to 5th grade, U20's and U18's. There are lots of reasons why, perhaps for example, lived close to a Central club as a Junior and have now moved out of home and live in more affordable housing area's now (Outer Suburbs) closer to Rocky, Mandurah, Kwinana, Lions and Joondalup but still commute back to the Central clubs perhaps.

By restricting Senior clubs to say, 1st, 2nd, 3rds, 20's, 18's & woman's assist in forcing to spread player numbers more evenly?

Last edited by Pacman; 25-04-13 at 13:02.

Player
    vCash
    It would be great if the Clubs would work together.
    RWA tried the feeder club idea a few years ago and lined up Joond/Wann, Curtin/Uni, Southern Lions/Paly, Kala/ARKS etc... with very limited success.
    The plan was a player in Joon 3rds for example could play for Wann 2nds without a clearance and was free to transfer back to Joon next week. Did'nt get very far. Curtin did some work with Uni and Southern Lions had a lot of Colts at Paly but it all came to naught. Too many old wounds and new misunderstandings.

Player
    vCash
    Not sure how that would work could you explain?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    There are around 100 players playing in the Junior competition that currently comes from Ellenbrook that are playing for Baysie Wanneroo and even for clubs as far as West However there are no venue in ellenbrook that can currently support a rugby club so it wil be at least 2 years before something could happen
    There's a guy called Pieter Blackie who lives up that way - he'd be a walk up start as the first President of an Ellenbrook club. He doesn't spend more than 2 years at a club so he'd be looking to move on soon from wherever he is now. Track him down and you've got yourself a good volunteer for at least the initial period.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    Were there no other players from the Arks club under 15's team who went up to Wanneroo.Dont tell me the tour party had wanneroo involvement ,Please.
    This is the oldest trick in the book. Get a member of your club to become Team Manager of a State team and then he spends the entire tour working on players to jump ship to his club.

You can bet your boots on the fact that the State Under 15 team manager was from Wanneroo if this sort of thing was happening. The logic was for the ARKS lad to go to his nearest club, Kalamunda. No logic at all in travelling half way to Geraldton!

The absolute masters of this technique are Cottesloe. For many years they have nominated club members as State 16's and Schoolboy managers as this is their opportunity (as they don't develop juniors themselves in any quantity) to recruit players for their colts sides. They use a similar technique to recruit Force players into their club - their man in Force team administration has a clear objective (confirmed by a number of Cott insiders) to get into Force players ears.

Player
    vCash
    The plan was broadly that the Prem club provided a pathway for the outstanding non Prem club players. Taking Paly/Lions as an example.....
    The coaches of both clubs would work together to assess and grade the talent. Players with potential and desire to move up into Prems are identidified in the Lions. If a 1st or 2nd grader from Paly is injured then the Paly coaches effectively have the choice of playing a Paly 3rd grader or Under 20s or calling up an identifed Lions player.
    No clearances would be required. If the Lions player then drops out of Paly 2nds then they went back to Lions. There was to be flexibility around finals qualifications.
    It was designed that it only applied 2nd Grade up and because there was no point in a Lions 3rds player going over to Paly to play 3rds. Equally did'nt apply to 4th grade going up to 3rds.
    The trade off... excess 3rds and 4ths could move from the Prem Club to the non Prem Club and play.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Voltaire is as obscure as some here are transparent.
    Don't worry Fulvio, I'm reading Political BS like a book.

He is manipulating Pacman around the ring like an old prize fighter. "Paccy" continues to lead with his chin and PBS is loving every minute of it as Paccy does rugby wa's PR work for them re expanding the club numbers. Brilliant.

Player
    vCash
    Thanks for that sounds like a good idea rugby WA will hate because it makes sense

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Thanks for that sounds like a good idea rugby WA will hate because it makes sense
    Political BS is Rugby WA Chertubler!

He's manipulating you too!

vCash
    Come on RM have you seen the size of my chun? PSB is a top bloke, I'd let him borrow my car & withdraw money for me and I haven't even met the guy. Maybe you are why nobody goes to Rockingham to sign up and play?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    PSB is a top bloke,
    Agreed PSB is a top bloke. It's his half brother PBS whom you can't trust.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Political BS, If you are suggesting that the movement of 10 or so Southern Lions colts to Palmyra 6 or so years ago had anything to do with a Grand Plan by RugbyWA, then you are either engaging in historical revisionalism or you are very much misinformed.

RugbyWA had nothing to do with it. Lions did not have enough players for a colts team that year, and Palmyra were not much better off. It was at a time when Palmyra had come to terms with the inclusion of the Lions into the competition, and the Lions in turn felt that Palmyra was less of a threat to their existence.

Mike Penheligan and Loon from Lions got together with Palmyra administration and the clubs agreed to bring both depleted squads together as the Palmyra Lions, even amalgamating the strip they played under.

Unfortunately for the Lions, when the lads came of age the following season, many of them saw more future for them playing for a premier club than a district club.

By then, both clubs had built up reasonable prospective Colts squads of their own for the next season, and the experiment was discontinued.

Nothing to do with RugbyWA at all.

Senior Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Insider;350342]The lack of response from the RRUFC should not be seen as a weakness especially in this forum [QUOTE]

HOHEPA is the man to comment on behalf of Rocky Committee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    and how is Frank these day's
    I don't know. Ask your wife!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast