Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: is cott the real deal

vCash
    Not sure if the alignment is fact or beat up - I am sure that Rugby WA will remain impartial.

(he now ducks awaiting the inevitable backlash)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post

Prefer Worcester sauce with my chips.
    Have you tried the new HP and Guinness - bloody brill.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    anyway - back to the serious part of this thread - Cott may be hated by numerous people along with many clubs... I cant stand Wneroo.. Waneoo... purely as I can never get the spelling correct.

Re the influx of paid players from all points non Australian... okay it seems there are probably 5 in the starting line up if you include WF lads, but no more that Paly etc.. whats the beef? As a player (back in the day mind you) I played in UK, France, US whilst traveling and if I got a wedge (splinter really in those days) great. When you actually look at this team, it based around local players for whom the majority have been with the club for a while (read more than one season).

Beg to differ if you must ... which you will but as is your inalienable right... but are these "imports" any different to most other prem teams's imports including those outside of the Golden Triangle... cant really see the issue though I will await enlightenment..

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Not sure if the alignment is fact or beat up - I am sure that Rugby WA will remain impartial.

(he now ducks awaiting the inevitable backlash)
    The latest is that the new CEO went to school with the Cott coach and so I don't think we can realistically expect impartiality. Rugby in WA seems set to continue in the same vein for the foreseeable future; Western Suburbs clubs to have a lovely time and feature in as many finals as possible to make a real picnic atmosphere with no bogans present. Rest of the clubs to make up the numbers to give the aura of credibility.

The new HP and Guinness - bloody brill. See, we agree on something!

Since Hansie dropped the bombshell about Rocky a couple of weeks ago he then appears to have done a runner overseas to avoid "the inevitable backlash". Any truth to the rumour that he's not coming back?

Champion
    vCash
    Ah'll be back.

Champion
    vCash
    Westie and I are actually twins. Only our mother can tell us apart.
    RM don't forget to tell mum we won't be home for tea we've got that male model swimwear shoot on remember

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 07-05-13 at 15:52.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    RM don't forget to tell mum we won't be home for tea we've got that male model swimwear shoot on remember
    God bless, they now have male plus size models as well

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 07-05-13 at 15:53.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    What are they using you for, contrast?

C'mon the

vCash
    From what i know the CEO's kids are in their late 20s early 30s. This was part of the reason to move back to OZ as the kids were set up to look after themselves.

Anyway, Cott are title contenders from watching them 2 weeks ago. They have beaten all before them so far. Kalamunda showed if you can match their intensity you can frustrate them and a good defensive system also frustrates them.
    They need a couple more strings to their bow like a more manacing tight game and a destructive ball running loosy but otherwise they will finish top 4.
    If a team has a red hot pick and drive game and a tight 5 of genuine size and ability and a couple of powerful ball running backs you can beat them as their tight 5 is a bit small.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Senior Player
    vCash
    NTT, I'm convinced you make most of your posts up because it makes you feel good. Lets stick to the facts.

The CEO's son plays for Cott U20's; fact.

Cott have some big bastards in their pack, they are either injured or suspended currently; fact.
    (their big blonde 2nd rower, Hoskins and the Gorilla from Margaret River are amongst the largest players in the comp).

They will finish in the top 4; fact.

Their only noticeable weakness is their scrum but that will be rectified when their suspended / injured players return and new imports arrive; fact.

vCash
    RM, why claim to be the guy keeping the elitist brigade in check when all you do is try and force people to accept your 'facts' and hearsay BS as gospel?
    That's rather hypocritically elitist of you don't you think?

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    They will finish in the top 4; fact.

Their only noticeable weakness is their scrum fact.
    are these two 'facts' not opinions?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    I watched Cott recently and they are extremely fit across the Prems, 2nds 3rds and Colts.
    RWA has been talking about clubs getting an advantage over their competitors with improved strength and conditioning. Looks to me like Cott listened and thought there may be something in that.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    I watched Cott recently and they are extremely fit across the Prems, 2nds 3rds and Colts.
    RWA has been talking about clubs getting an advantage over their competitors with improved strength and conditioning. Looks to me like Cott listened and thought there may be something in that.
    And the reason for that is Cott is the academy/force A combined trading under the name of a club

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Getting off the cott topic. Can someone please tell me how rockingham are still in the premier grade comp? Considering they can't field a team in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade but yet have a 1st grade team. Surely you can't do that
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast