Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beale steps down to seek counselling

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Beale steps down to seek counselling

Troubled Wallabies star Kurtley Beale has taken leave from rugby union and will undergo counselling at a private clinic.

Troubled Wallabies and Melbourne Rebels playmaker Kurtley Beale has taken leave from rugby union and checked into a private facility to undergo counselling.

It comes after Beale was stood down last week for a breach of the Rebels' behavioural policies.

"He has done this with the backing of ARU, RUPA and the Melbourne Rebels who congratulate him on this decision to seek assistance," the Rebels said in a statement.

"Any future selection will be dependent upon successful completion of his treatment program."

The suspended Beale missed the team's Super Rugby loss to the Blues on Saturday, just one week after he returned from a four-game suspension and a hand injury.

It is understood the latest ban was for breaking an alcohol ban and missing an appointment with a psychologist.

Beale reportedly went out drinking with team-mates after his return from suspension against the Chiefs two Fridays ago.

That game was his return to the Rebels' playing group after serving a four-match ban for punching team-mates Gareth Delve and Cooper Vuna following a loss to the Sharks in Durban.

Rebels chief executive Rob Clarke told Grandstand last week that Beale's suspension was a "minor setback" and he expected the star utility to rehabilitate successfully.

"I find Kurtley a fine young man," Clarke said.

"He's gone through very difficult circumstances in recent times and I think he has been making some progress in a range of areas and that has been seen around the club since his return to us.

"I think human nature would suggest that all of us make mistakes and as long as we learn from those mistakes and are supported by people that want to see the best in us.

"That is certainly what we have in mind for Kurtley and we would love to see him continue on his journey and be a success."

The latest setback appears to have ended the talented playmaker's chances of taking part in the British and Irish Lions series starting in Brisbane on June 22.

Beale was omitted from last month's preliminary Australian squad and he is unlikely to be named when coach Robbie Deans announces his final Wallabies squad on Sunday.

The Wallabies play three Tests against the Lions from June 22 to July 6

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/int...k-help/1130146

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Top bunch of blokes his team-mates are when they let him drink...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    He had a good game, I would have drank with him! In saying that no one forced him to drink did they, he is a grown man who can make his own decisions... Which he did and now, once again, he is facing the consequences
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Spot on

His team mates aren't his babysitter

vCash
    They should be If he could be the difference between winning and losing
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Team mates might have tried to tell him but the thought of a punch put them off pushing the point!! I hope he sorts it out as it would be a shame if he is lost to rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Note: He was not drinking with his team mates - he kicked on after with other "friends". There is only so much coddling that people can do when you are faced with someone with this sort of sickness. His teammates are well aware of what KB needs and, from what I hear, they are doing their best to support him now that the true extent of his addiction is known

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Alfie gets the heave ho...Beale gets counselling... am I missing something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Alfie gets the heave ho...Beale gets counselling... am I missing something?
    The only thing you could be missing is Beale's cost to the ARU since they've always wanted him to be the glamour boy. Remember when he was a teenager and the NSW powerbrokers had him pegged as the new Ella?

They've pumped millions of dollars into Kurtley Beale and if they cut him off now they won't get any return on their investment.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Waste of time and space... Fark him off to Rugby or League else where.. How many lives does 1 person need.

Dont AFL need another marketing person since Falou left ??

vCash
    Don't AFL need another Ben Cousins?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Kurtley Beale was plucked from junior Rugby League in Blacktown, given a scholarship by a group of business people and went to Joeys, finishing YR12 there as captain of the First15 and Oz Schoolboys. This scholarship is for underprivalged indiginous kids. It is on-going AFAIK.

He's had some issues which I hope can be worked out. I reckon the move to Melbourne, away from his support people might have been as difficult as Ben Barba found in Sydney. I hope they both get past it. There's still a whole lot of up-side for both if they can.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Kurtley Beale was plucked from junior Rugby League in Blacktown, given a scholarship by a group of business people and went to Joeys, finishing YR12 there as captain of the First15 and Oz Schoolboys. This scholarship is for underprivalged indiginous kids. It is on-going AFAIK.

He's had some issues which I hope can be worked out. I reckon the move to Melbourne, away from his support people might have been as difficult as Ben Barba found in Sydney. I hope they both get past it. There's still a whole lot of up-side for both if they can.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I'm not so much talking about playing scholarships Shasta, It's undeniable that millions of marketing dollars has been spent on marketing both Beale and Cooper as the best thing since rugby flavoured sliced bread.

In comparison to the scholarships, that's where the big coin has been spent!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm not so much talking about playing scholarships Shasta, It's und
    I'm not talking about marketing, or your post either, really. Just that I can see the difficulties both blokes are dealing with and that I genuinely hope they can get on top of things. Both are prodigious talents and nobody gains from the failure of either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    nobody gains from the failure of either.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Breweries and brewery share holders

go on, smote away!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast