Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: B&I LIONS PROVE TOO STRONG FOR FORCE IN PERTH

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Lion Healy to face biting charge Friday

AAP
    June 6, 2013,
    1:57 pm

British and Irish Lions prop Cian Healy will now face the music for a biting allegation on Friday morning after his judicial hearing was postponed on Thursday.

Irishman Healy was cited for biting after Western Force scrumhalf Brett Sheehan made an on-field complaint during the Lions' 69-17 win against the Super Rugby franchise in Perth on Wednesday night.

The incident occurred in the 17th minute, with Sheehan claiming he was bitten on the arm before later saying he was unsure whether it was accidental or deliberate.

Video footage shown during the match was inconclusive.

Healy was to appear before a judicial hearing on Thursday night in Brisbane after flying into Queensland.

The prop's tour is also in doubt due to injury as he suffered ligament damage to his foot.

Lions coach Warren Gatland has already called up England prop Alex Corbisiero as cover.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...charge-friday/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Kipper
    [QUOTE=UNCLE BOOG;354511]anyone else make it into the members bar?
    it was pretty nifty!

UB - how did yu get in there - through being a force member?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    UB - how did yu get in there - through being a force member?
    yeah, it was mentioned in the last linebreak news letter. just flashed your force members pass and walk in (with a +2)

vCash
    The news stations over here ate calling it an embarrassing loss...
    What do you expect when we have the chance to ruin the tahs finals hopes on the weekend, and leapfrog the rabble in the process. Finishing 2nd last in the aus conference is more important than losing by a bit less. That way we can shove it to everyone who thinks the force dont belong. When the rebels are lower on the ladder at end of season
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    From What I saw last night there was some positives & also some negatives.

Time to off load Wykes, we dont need any more side-wards running forwards, and from what I saw last night, Macca & Battye did well for 80minutes.

Watching last night. we need a GOOD #10. SNK is useless in this position, doesn't attack the line and doesn't have a rugby brain for 80 minutes, some good parts but mainly incorrect when we need him to be a true number 10.

Corey Brown was out of position 4 times from the 45th - 60th minute and BIL scored all there tries.

Why also is Foley putting players on for 2 minutes ? he didn't want injuries but you put Rasloea & Alby on for the final 2 minutes, being cold - ready for an injury to happen !!

Stubbs looks the goods as well as Sheenan for another year with that mongrel.

vCash
    To be fair to SNK, he isn't a 10, or only a part-time 10. He's much more of a full-back and is filling in due to his experience. He was also up against the best 10 in the NH and three outstanding back-rowers, so he was never going to shine last night.

Corey Brown has some real speed (if Hodgson's kick hadn't bounced quite so high, he'd have been in for a try, outpacing North, Bowe and Halfpenny!), but he is a defensive liability both in positioning and tackling. That'll come with familiarity with your teammates and coaching. I think he's worthy of a spot in the academy/EPS, at least for a season, to see how he improves.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Benny, they were put on so they could say down the track"I played against the Lions'
    ps I thought Battye was poor

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Points for mine:
    1. Thought the tap caught the Lions napping, when it was done quickly. Might be worth remembering in Super matches, if you have runners onto the ball. Thought it was a bit stupid at the end though - the tap was delayed and the defence set up, and the Lions had just lost a second rower to the bin. Why on earth wouldn't it be a scrum or line-out?!?!
    2. We had a lot of back decelerating onto the ball. Wrong on so many levels.
    3. Some of the Lions ball movement in the second half and attacking intent was really good. The Force could do much worse than get a copy of that and use it for training.
    4. Same with their forwards. It wasn't just pick and drive; they had big runners hitting the ball hard, which is something we don't do anywhere near enough. That's the sort of thing McCalman, Battye and Walton could usefully pick up.
    5. The scrum stood up really well. That is probably the one good sign for the Wallabies out of that match.
    6. Not that it mattered at all, but the Lions got away with a hell of a lot. One would hope that won't be the case once the serious matches start.
    7. My biggest disappointment was that, when they went outside the squad, they got players from over east. Anyone on that field was representing WA, and it grates that there will be some bloke in years to come living in Sydney and talking about how he once played against the Lions in that match.

vCash

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Bastards!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I can understand their disappointment .... BUT... Foley, you get my vote. Beating the Tahs is more important for me and we saw some Force players we have seen very little of. Short answer I was happy with it. I expected to get beaten by 50 and I really didn't think we would score two meat pies....something the writer above should be embarrassed by, given his disdain of the team we fielded.

Keep going Foley, I'm still with you (and I've been hanging on since game 1 in 2006)

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Mr moore will be so pleased that Q/nsw country will be at full strength---if they can haul the players out of the pub in time for KO

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    IF the BnIL really wanted to Play a Full Strength Western Force - why did they stop off at Hong Kong to play the Barbarians. We Could have played them on the weekend as we had the bye.

SO who's choice was it?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I didn't think the Lions took the game seriously, the trainer running straight through our attacking line to attend a bloke with a bit of a head knock doesn't sound very respectful.

So what are we meant to do, field a full strength team including our Wallabies and bring Sharpie out of retirement in an attempt to haul the deficit below the half ton, all the while giving the Lions a decent hit out to regain any match fitness lost on the plane?

I would rather beat a team I truly hate than one that I begrudgingly respect despite all their whingeing.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Brian, go fuck yourself.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast