Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 STATE SCHOOL BOYS TOUR SQUAD

vCash
    He chose to pursue a summer sport in the summer instead of attending Academy 5 sessions a week and risking rugby burn-out. With the academy, you must attend all sessions or they don't give you a spot. So travel is an issue and of course gaining other skills with another sport is then made difficult for the 15, 16 & 17 yr olds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    He was awhile back... But is no longer. I guess its a family decision. He also does Athletics & is a Junior Champ for Australia in Shot put & discuss.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Prospect
    vCash
    so the only rep we have in the aussie A side .is not only not in the academy but is a shot put and discus thrower thats a worrie .he must have some talent.lets look after him.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    He chose to pursue a summer sport in the summer instead of attending Academy 5 sessions a week and risking rugby burn-out. With the academy, you must attend all sessions or they don't give you a spot. So travel is an issue and of course gaining other skills with another sport is then made difficult for the 15, 16 & 17 yr olds.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I think the Academy needs to rethink the summer programme. Great summer sport, surf, cricket,athletics and others not only develop other skills but increase their broader circle of friends.
    2 or 3 good sessions at the Academy and a summer sport would create a more balanced person while maintaining the enthusiasm for Rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTTCK View Post

Their talents were hidden, unjustified and damn right disappointing to see our young WA talent go unseen and unspoken for, when I know and I'm sure a lot of you know, they all have what it takes to make Professional rugby players.

Unfortunately for some of these boys its over...

This is really sad to read, what a terrible way to finish up. I know a few of these guys. To not let the players express themselves just condemns them to be robots. The coaches and players have a hard job coming from Perth, but it must be harder for the players if they cop a rigid game plan, and don't get a chance to really shine.

I tend to agree with one of the other posters - if a coach hasn't been successful coaching at 16's, 18s level how can he be given the State job?. Both these guys have been given a good run, let's give someone else a try - maybe we'll uncover the next Force coach.

Prospect
    vCash
    i feel for the parents and the players .to nttck we need your son here. if we let our young talent go elswhere it will be the same year after year 4-0.there needs to be a coaching change .Now not when the trials start next year.maybe there needs to be a selection panel to select the coaches .not the panel to be the coaches

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dart View Post
    i feel for the parents and the players .to nttck we need your son here. if we let our young talent go elswhere it will be the same year after year 4-0.there needs to be a coaching change .Now not when the trials start next year.maybe there needs to be a selection panel to select the coaches .not the panel to be the coaches
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dart View Post
    Hey, thanks for that, but what do you do when there's nothing left for them. As a parent you want to help your child get as far as they can. My boy has represented the state since U15s and yes your right. It hasn't changed since then. Now, its a matter of deciding what's best for his future. When I watched him play at state this year I could see he wasn't the same player he is here. There was nothing different from our team & the opposition. We were the same in size, we had 15 players capable of winning games, but one thing we didn't have that they had was we weren't fit enough. Plus our boys lacked confidence & panicked most of the time. These boys ended up playing their own position as well as their team mates. We werent prepared enough. Now for my boy... It means .... Move on & work a little harder. If I send him away back home, then so be it. I do it for him. You know you would be suprised with those parents who are thinking of sending their children back to their home countries to play rugby. Its just something you do... If you know its going no where here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4