Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: big round for 4 teams

Champion
    vCash
    Oh geez, I went to edit the first post and messed up...sorry .

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I have received the email just now. By the looks of the poster, one of our members, goony, is very happy about this.

Player
    vCash
    So CEO says ewf players should not be paid but pay their fuel and meal is'nt that paying

Champion
    vCash
    Mate now you are being silly. The intent is to stop clubs paying CA$H to EWF players. A fuel card and meal to help a player travel a fair way is a whole lot different than CA$H.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    So CEO says ewf players should not be paid but pay their fuel and meal is'nt that paying
    Any other suggestions in luring them down your way without "paying" them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Hansie - Club Cgull - I got to open this club in Ibiza.

You make a good point but in relation to the alluded club who seem to be the focal point for 37 players hanging around it - this season there are, Whitts, Sam Christie and Ed Stubbs. There's the problem - they need one more.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Player
    vCash
    About as silly as your original post Hansie. Sorry to say but I don't think four players from EWF will be coming Rocky way unless they are paid

Champion
    vCash
    Let me suggest some ideas.:

Ask the EWF player to perhaps come down and take up a coaching or assistant coaching role with juniors. You then have a legit reason to offer some coin, your junior team suddenly has a bunch more players and the mums hang around perving on the EWF player and sip wine from your bar. You also set it up so that the dad's come round after work to join kiddie and Mum and buy a steak sandwhich at the canteen and sip some more wine while kiddie kicks a ball around with his mates and Mum starts watching EWF eye candy run around at Willie's beck and call. You probably pick up $150.00 from all the mum's and dad's sipping some wine and you pay your EWF player $100 for his coaching. You're already $50.00 better off than now. Yes he gets paid but he's working for it. At the same time you notice an extra 10 or 11 people at your Thursday night junior sessions and you also sell a few raffle tickets for injured player's fund, they hang around a wee longer to see if they have won a prize, another few bucks you don't have now.

You arrange it so said EWF player draws raffle prize, signs some Rocky memorabilia - EWF ego gets stroked, Rocky memorabilia gets sold and so you build from that.

How else do you think a contracted player will want to come to your club? If you think by Foles or RugbyWA selecting 4 players and saying "boys - go and train at Rocky, you pay your own fuel, you may be welcomed, maybe not, there's no recognition, no benefits, nothing in it for you except we may sack you from the squad if you don't do it?"

Champion
    vCash
    Dinky - according to EWF programme for Lions test there were a few more calling Club Cgull home. I don't have the programme here with me now, let me check it and get back to you. But if it is as you say, yup you can go and get 1 more.

Player
    vCash
    Ha ha ha

Player
    vCash
    How about Ewf players go to clubs who have ex amount of juniors the more jrs the more players you get if you don't have many jrs you don't get any players then we could all sit and drink wine and eat steak

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Let me suggest some ideas.:

Ask the EWF player to perhaps come down and take up a coaching or assistant coaching role with juniors. You then have a legit reason to offer some coin, your junior team suddenly has a bunch more players and the mums hang around perving on the EWF player and sip wine from your bar. You also set it up so that the dad's come round after work to join kiddie and Mum and buy a steak sandwhich at the canteen and sip some more wine while kiddie kicks a ball around with his mates and Mum starts watching EWF eye candy run around at Willie's beck and call. You probably pick up $150.00 from all the mum's and dad's sipping some wine and you pay your EWF player $100 for his coaching. You're already $50.00 better off than now. Yes he gets paid but he's working for it. At the same time you notice an extra 10 or 11 people at your Thursday night junior sessions and you also sell a few raffle tickets for injured player's fund, they hang around a wee longer to see if they have won a prize, another few bucks you don't have now.

You arrange it so said EWF player draws raffle prize, signs some Rocky memorabilia - EWF ego gets stroked, Rocky memorabilia gets sold and so you build from that.

How else do you think a contracted player will want to come to your club? If you think by Foles or RugbyWA selecting 4 players and saying "boys - go and train at Rocky, you pay your own fuel, you may be welcomed, maybe not, there's no recognition, no benefits, nothing in it for you except we may sack you from the squad if you don't do it?"
    Why would you want us to pay coaches for our juniors
    All our juniors are very competitive as they are and there are plenty of parents at rocky on a Thursday night as we have over 300 kids running around but something you wouldn't have seen in your life time at neddies definitely out of touch with what goes on in the real world
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Dinky - according to EWF programme for Lions test there were a few more calling Club Cgull home. I don't have the programme here with me now, let me check it and get back to you. But if it is as you say, yup you can go and get 1 more.
    Sam Christie
    Ed Stubbs
    Sam Norton Knight
    Brett Sheehan
    Richard Brown
    Nick Haining
    Junior Rasolea

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    O.K. point taken.

I guess trying to help and generate some ideas to help, not wanted. Keep whining and stay the victim then.

Player
    vCash
    Idea's are good think my one is much better than yours but that would mean the lower clubs would benefit so it would be cast aside.as for whining think that was you asking for flowers

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast