Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Lions 2

vCash
    Forgot to mention it last night but how good was Liam Gills take at the back of that line out

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Forgot to mention it last night but how good was Liam Gills take at the back of that line out
    What a dude! He'd not have looked out of place on a gridiron last night with that one handed take. I want to know how the hell he held on against all the lions forwards who were grabbing at it!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    What a fantastic result for us, sets us up nicely next week, great atmosphere down JB's, not as packed as last week, I cant understand why they are not putting the high ball up in the goal area for Izzy to compete for, surely his GayFL experience would get a try there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batto View Post
    I cant understand why they are not putting the high ball up in the goal area for Izzy to compete for, surely his GayFL experience would get a try there
    Beale kicked for Izzy's corner in the first half but it was a rubbish kick

Izzy was awesome under the high ball when he played League so it's hardly a trait he picked up in Drugball (AFL)

vCash
    Amazing, both games decided on kicks that missed.

Last week i was there and couldn't look as Beale had the kick, this week it was the turn of my Aussie mates to hide their eyes as halfpenny stepped up and kicked short (strangely same way Wales lost to France in the RWC Semi).

Game one was free flowing giving lots of ball to the backs, game two was very forward dominated from the lions, never really put any back mooves together, not sure how Vunipola stayed on the park with his scrummaging, but he seemed to finally sort it out near the end, I was waiting for him to get a YC for his 3rd Hinge, but it didn't come, luckily. The Lions will have to sort their scrum out for the 3rd test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Beale kicked for Izzy's corner in the first half but it was a rubbish kick

Izzy was awesome under the high ball when he played League so it's hardly a trait he picked up in Drugball (AFL)
    My Bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    not sure how Vunipola stayed on the park with his scrummaging, but he seemed to finally sort it out near the end, I was waiting for him to get a YC for his 3rd Hinge, but it didn't come, luckily.
    Luckily? I'd like to know how a referee and two assistants missed them along with all the times he was boring in. Not to mention alliwing the BIL to clear the ball from a scrum which was absolutely destroyed and wheeled a full 180 deg. Thinking back to how many times Joubert has penalised the supposedly weak Wallaby scrum in past years, in many cases when opposing props were blatantly taking the piss, it seemes a complete travesty for them to go unrewarded for their dominance last night. Three more blind muppets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Luckily? I'd like to know how a referee and two assistants missed them along with all the times he was boring in. Not to mention alliwing the BIL to clear the ball from a scrum which was absolutely destroyed and wheeled a full 180 deg. Thinking back to how many times Joubert has penalised the supposedly weak Wallaby scrum in past years, in many cases when opposing props were blatantly taking the piss, it seemes a complete travesty for them to go unrewarded for their dominance last night. Three more blind muppets!
    Luckily from a BIL point of view.

You are right though the Aussie scrum was dominant, though they got quite a few penalties from it.

The allowing the ball to be played from the back of a collapsed scrum is normal in high levels of the game, providing the ball is there to be played. Not saying I agree, but that's just how it is.

For the boring in that would have been Youngs boring in on Moore, not Vunipola, as the LH, he just has to follow (hence looks like him). Normally it's the TH that bores.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Is this a Rumour or the grapevine is a good source?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I'd classify it as rumour! Could have been beer talk but the person reckoned they'd be part of a conversation between JOC and others about his future. This was in Melbourne at the Lion match!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    Irrespective of the result in the third test match I believe that the Wallabies will win back the Bledisloe and the Rugby Championship this year on the back of the Lions series.

There is part of me that wants a drawn series but if the Aussies win I can call all my friends and family in the UK and give them stick
    Me too Peter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2404 View Post
    I'd classify it as rumour! Could have been beer talk but the person reckoned they'd be part of a conversation between JOC and others about his future. This was in Melbourne at the Lion match!
    9 Alby
    10 Holmes
    11 Cummins
    12 Godwin
    13 JOC
    14 DHP
    15 Morahan

YES PLEASE!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN RUGBY WA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Champion
    vCash
    If the rumour is true with can't afford Cummins how can we afford JOC as well??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    If the rumour is true with can't afford Cummins how can we afford JOC as well??
    JO'C will be on a Wallaby top up so not all of his money will be coming from the Force salary cap (I could be wrong)

Or Cummins has told Force hierarchy that he won't be there next season and the money is being used to lure Rabbit

vCash
    Pop goes the conspiracy theory. If the rumour is accurate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    If JOC is coming than it may be a reason behind not being able to afford Cummins.

Would also be interesting to find out what Cummins is after. By all accounts he has priced himself out of the market. Is this the manager bluffing trying to get the most for him or has his head got a little inflated along with his price tag?

People will prob go me for saying this but if it came down to JOC or Cummins I would take JOC in a second and twice on Sunday. Cummins is a great winger but with out quality player like JOC and Godwin you have nothing.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast