Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 14 - Some big games here

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    No self respecting Paly man would be at a Neddies match when Paly were playing at the same time.

Unless of course Neddies was putting on freebie drinks ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    RR - any update on the Wanneroo player who went off with the nasty dislocated elbow?

Is there any requirement for there to be medics in attendance at club games? No-one seemed to know how to deal with the elbow problem or give the poor bugger any pain medication!
    No, was quite nasty, though caused only by landing badly.

The clubs have physios on site and are supposed to have a Senior First Aider (Which I assume the Physio will be) but a dislocated elbow is one of those strange ones as you don't put it in a sling, just don't move it, especially if deformed as this was and call the paramedics, apply ice for the swelling.

Perhaps one of the Wanneroo guys has an update?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    No self respecting Paly man would be at a Neddies match when Paly were playing at the same time.

Unless of course Neddies was putting on freebie drinks ...
    I never said he was self respecting.

Are there any self respecting Paly men?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Rumour has it that Bunter himself was a Paly man once.

Free drinks at Neddies - I'd like to see that.

Champion
    vCash
    Happy Birthday Ecky

Senior Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=RugbyRef;357973]If a referee has a bad game they may get appointed to a lower grade fixture for the following week, the same way a player may be dropped to a lower team, but it has to be seen as a bad game by us &/or RugbyWA, not just by supporters who may or may not be knowledgeable in how we have been asked to referee by the ARU & RugbyWA.QUOTE]

Rumour has it that the same two referees that controlled last weekends brawls have been given 1st grade games again this weekend!

I think that says a lot.

It would appear that the Authorities have determined that the referees had a good day and it was all everyone else's fault.

vCash
    Just because there's one brawl doesn't mean the referee's had a bad game, providing they dealt with it. Some brawls just happen.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Just because there's one brawl doesn't mean the referee's had a bad game

What about two brawls? ( and a bunch of cards)?

Are you suggesting the refs both had good games ?

Wouldn't it be prudent to steer them away from the fire for a few weeks?

Or have the Authorities reviewed the DVD and determined that the refs had good games?

What's Sproggies view?

Sounds like the eye witnesses may have got it wrong.

vCash
    Only one brawl in the Kala v Wan game with no further issues, No idea how many were in Neddies, not spoken to the ref.

Why steer them away if they dealt with it well? As I said, one brawl a bad ref doesn't make. Perhaps NTT can say. My view is obviously biased.

Last edited by RugbyRef; 16-07-13 at 15:48.

Champion
    vCash
    I hear Rumour Monger has signed up to Level 1 Referee accreditation course, it's looking to show everybody how it's done.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Only one brawl in the Kala v Wan game with no further issues, No idea how many were in Neddies, not spoken to the ref.

Why steer them away if they dealt with it well? As I said, one brawl a bad ref doesn't make. Perhaps NTT can say.
    My view is obviously biased.
    It's not the brawls that come into ? No ref coach or club ask there players to start brawls it's there lack of consistency and attitude towards players that makes for agood game or bad game and that ref at neddies thinks he is bigger than the game just ask his assistance who saw the incidents that lead to the brawls and advised him that he was making the wrong decisions but would not listen to them and there conversations can be heard clearly on the DVD would they feel like supporting there pier this week if he treats his own kind with such contempt
    We as clubs should spend more money on this protected species otherwise we are to blame for the standard that has been set and will never attract a larger pool of people to select from
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Wasn't saying about the Neddies game, was saying about the Kala v Wan game. Not seen the Neddies game to comment.

So you think the only reason players fight is because of referee's lack of consistency? That's a joke right? I agree in some games there is more that the referee perhaps could have done to prevent it (early yellow cards for instance), but sometimes it just happens out of the blue, or because one player gets too involved, and the rest follows.

Not everything is preventable, otherwise sometimes we would have games with no penalties at all, and that never happens.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    I hear Rumour Monger has signed up to Level 1 Referee accreditation course, it's looking to show everybody how it's done.
    You should know not to spread rumours Hansie!

Despite the brawls and chaos, believe me I am the last person you want out there. Half of Nedlands' players would be suspended if had a whistle and some red cards at my disposal. Then again, half of them might be after Wednesday nights judiciary!

Where's Sproggy? He's been suspiciously quiet. Was he involved in either the Battle of Hartfield or the Foreshore Offensive?

vCash
    From what you were saying before you know who was involved in the Foreshore, Does that mean you think Sprog & that person are the same?

Will you be at Paly to watch the game on Sat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    it's there lack of consistency and attitude towards players that makes for a good game or bad game and that ref at neddies thinks he is bigger than the game just ask his assistance who saw the incidents that lead to the brawls and advised him that he was making the wrong decisions but would not listen to them and there conversations can be heard clearly on the DVD would they feel like supporting there pier this week if he treats his own kind with such contemptPosted via Mobile Device
    Sounds like the worst kind of Referee, loves the sound of his own voice and right even when he's wrong. Like the worst kind of Jelly-back issuing carbon aka Not Guilties.

His attitude may possibly be a saving grace for several Neddies players tomorrow evening.

“In 1823, William Webb Ellis first picked up the ball in his arms and ran with it. And for the next 156 years forwards have been trying to work out why.” - Sir Tasker Watkins (1979)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast