Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joondalup 18's

Champion
    vCash

Joondalup 18's

Can someone from a rugby clubplease explain why one of their under 18 supporters saw fit to run on to the field on Sat and place a wests under 18 player in a headlock,irrespective of circumstances leading up to it.Hardly the sort of behaviour you expect from a club wanting to play in premier grade or in fact not the sort of behaviour you expect from any real rugby supporter.I'd suggest The club deal with this incident and piss the dickhead off because incidents like that will quickly undo all the good work they have done up there

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 11-07-13 at 20:58. Reason: S
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Inexcusable behaviour!!

What was the age of the person, sibling/friend or parent?

I know Dave Wells the coach, he will deal with it in the appropriate way, he's a good rugby man.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont know if this will help or not.

But we have rules set down by Sydney Suburban Rugby that we must follow. To ensure nothing like that happens again.

They include.

Each Club must provide a crowd control Marshall.

It is the Marshall's responsibility to control the crowd. Including unacceptable language.

A rope 2 - 3 Metres from the side line prevents the crowd from venturing on to the playing surface.

At any time the Referee can stop the match and have the crowd Marshall's remove any spectator for disruptive behavior.

If a Club fails to act. The Club can be sanctioned by Suburban Rugby with either Championship points or fines.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Joondalup have been guilty of this in the past.

Every time its a dutch bugger from the Transvaal who hasn't worked out that we don't do that kind of thing in the civilised world.

One of the events involved a Jarpie father in his forties running on and man handling a 15 year old player from the opposition team.

Nothing was done as he bolted overseas to the World Cup in France and the Authorities didn't bring him before the Judiciary.

The Judiciary has ruled in the past that every parent has the right to protect their child so that opens up a can of worms.

vCash
    I understand that RWA have issued a please explain as a result of a formal complaint by Wests. The fact is that the behaviour is UN acceptable and I know the person in question is in the process of being dealt with by the club. He is a decent person who made a poor decision with the best of intensions, pure and simple. I will say again we do not condone this behaviour however let’s create an accurate picture of what actually transpired to take away the hysteria and look at the facts. I do know that the description from Westies Man has been over exaggerated, I suspect to stir up emotions and inflate opinion. The facts are: Neither the ref or touch judge saw or reported anything. The Wests player was on top of the Joondalup player striking him once, he was then posturing to strike him again. The person in question (JB Spectator) didn’t grab him around the neck, it was around the body as he lifted him of the Joondalup player, The wests player then lashed out (half half-heartedly) with his boot at the Joondalup Player as he stood up, he then said to the Joondalup player next time I’ll get your face. The person in question released the Wests player, and then got between the two players and from there both players re-entered the game. Now I’ll say it again, Joondalup doesn’t condone any interference from spectators so those ready to take aim can relax. The club IS dealing with the matter and will report to RWA once the process has concluded.

I can’t comment on past indiscretions however I do know that Joondalup spend a lot of time educating and working with players, parents and coaches ensuring incidents like these are few and far between. I’m sure every club in WA has had their share of questionable incidents over the years, even your club Westi. Look at the thuggery that was on show at this year’s Margaret River sevens. Joondalup, like all clubs have a strict code of conduct in place which is the foundation that is accepted and met by all members of the club. There is an internal process in dealing with incidents and any other behaviour that put the club in a bas light. This isn't the first and won't be the last indiscretion at local rugby however incidents like these are extremely rare which is very positive for our sport.

Those questioning the integrity and subsequent viability of Joondalup’s premier grade qualities are just ridiculous; those pushing that barrow need to look within and not cast dispersions or over react towards other club.

Together Strong, we play it hard. We'll make you earn every yard.
    We'll never quit, lay down or die. So bring it on and watch us fly.
    We Are The Brothers!

Senior Player
    vCash
    So, was it a Dutchman?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    So, was it a Dutchman?
    do you think you deserve an answer? the last time Exile asked you a simple question you didn't answer him

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Nationality isn't important, the facts are. Its also important to mention that this happened over the sideline in front of the individual. He did not enter the field of play. Still not acceptable however it not a mad spectator running rampant either.

We Are The Brothers!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    Nationality isn't important, the facts are. Its also important to mention that this happened over the sideline in front of the individual. He did not enter the field of play. Still not acceptable however it not a mad spectator running rampant either.
    When I first read Westies comment, I found it inexcusable that a spectator would act in the way reported.

However on reflection and in light of your expansion of the 'facts', I understand that as a parent, especially if my child was pinned and receiving blows, I would as likely (not definitely, because I'd prefer the two sorted themselves out) look to spilt the two apart. This would be especially so if they'd actually left the field and were immediately in front of me.

I am not by nature a 'helicopter' parent and am keen for my kids to learn lessons for themselves, but faced with something as obvious as one party beating on another (to be honest, even in the street), I would not want to be a person who turns away.

I appreciate the time you took to explain JB's current attitude and steps to resolve this and any future efforts. These things happen - look at some of the disgraceful crowd scenes from this year's SA Super 15 games - I think Kings are involved.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    Nationality isn't important, the facts are.
    I knew it! A Jarpie.

Westie, hope you keep us up to date with the Judiciary outcome. He should be banned from attending games and chewing Biltong for at least a year (Gees that's vile stuff).

Tell your kids parent to hire a lawyer Westie as its unlikely there'll be any satisfaction from the Judiciary.

vCash
    How rugbyWA can even be contemplating letting these thugs into the premier grade is beyond me...

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    How rugbyWA can even be contemplating letting these thugs into the premier grade is beyond me...
    They aren't. Latest rumour is that it ain't going to happen but there'll be a compromise to stall them for a few years until the problem goes away.

Speaking to one of the inner sanctum at Joondalup last week he made it clear to me that the step was too great and they couldn't even contemplate competing at Premier level.

vCash
    I think they've nailed there own coffin with these latest incidents... I for one will be sleeping soundly.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    They aren't. Latest rumour is that it ain't going to happen but there'll be a compromise to stall them for a few years until the problem goes away.

Speaking to one of the inner sanctum at Joondalup last week he made it clear to me that the step was too great and they couldn't even contemplate competing at Premier level.
    Everyone on the so called Inner Sanctum is 100% committed to the club earning Premier Status. I am at ALL the meetings and am heavily involved in every aspect of the club and can tell you all this without hesitation. I put a minimum of 20 hours a week into the club at across all levels. I am one of many at Joondalup that do this because of our passion for the game, the club and our playing group. Irrespective of the negative dribble that's thrown around on this site from a few, but very active, nervous insecure so called rugby lovers. Your motives on this site are to promote rubbish, and continue to show yourselves as nothing but immature and childish school yard whinges who refuse to promote positive or engaging dialogue for the benefit of local rugby. Ill be leaving this site and closing the club account as well. Good luck to those on here whose intentions are sound. To RM and his band or negative pundits, good ridden to you. Life's to short to be exposed to your tripe!

We Are The Brothers!

Player
    vCash
    I knew it! A Jarpie.

Westie, hope you keep us up to date with the Judiciary outcome. He should be banned from attending games and chewing Biltong for at least a year (Gees that's vile stuff).

Tell your kids parent to hire a lawyer Westie as its unlikely there'll be any satisfaction from the Judiciary.
    What I find interesting is that the West player is seen by most as the victim here. Yet according to the "facts" it sounds like he was the villain here. Not condoning spectators entering the playing field, but sounds like his intentions were only to separate them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast