The University of Canberra Brumbies have named their team to face the Western Force in Perth, with Ian Prior selected at scrumhalf and Colby Faingaa claiming the starting No. 7 jersey.

Usual starter Nic White has been given more time to recover from a scapular fracture he suffered against the Rebels just over a month ago. On the bench, former Force player Mark Swanepoel comes in as scrumhalf cover.

The University of Canberra Brumbies are buoyed by the return of seven Wallabies from national duty as well as Scott Sio and Peter Kimlin who spent the last month in camp-.

George Smith is on the bench alongside Fotu Auelua, with Ben Mowen steering the scrum from No.8 and as Captain of the side.

“Since I started here the Force has always presented us with a significant challenge and I expect Saturday’s match in Perth to be similar,” Head Coach Jake White said.

“They’ve got nothing to lose, they’ve got some quality young players and it’s so important for us to claim five points on the road to the playoffs. This shapes as a very important week for us.

“It’s nice to have the luxury of seven Wallabies back in the team. I was pleased with how the players responded to that many other players being away but I’m sure with so many big-game players returning we can lift another level.”

The University of Canberra Brumbies fly to Perth on Thursday afternoon via Melbourne for a Saturday night game. This is the final round of the regular Super Rugby season.

Saturday, 13 July, 2013
Western Force v University of Canberra Brumbies
nib Stadium, Perth
Kick-off: 7.45pm (local time)
Referee: Rohan Hoffmann