Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Initial WA squad selected for U16 National Championship

Senior Player
    vCash
    NTT how is there any reason why you only get that number of lads turning up to play?

The worrying thing about getting greater numbers into the premier grade and into the second grade with the promising kids is numerous: university studies, apprenticeships, wanting to travel mates not good enough to play the same grade so play with their mate in lower grades.

I wonder how many talented youngsters at different clubs chuck it away by the time they get to have the opportunity to play senior grade rugby.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    What club are you with Peter M?

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am not playing this season I may well play next season for who I am not yet sure but my two sons play at Palmyra. What prompted that question?

Rookie
    vCash
    You seemed to have embraced all aspects of rugby in WA. Just wondered if you were associated with a club or just a supporter.

Paly is a good club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    NTT how is there any reason why you only get that number of lads turning up to play?
    We started the year with 19 or 20. A couple have dropped out and and we have had guys miss games with injury. The injuries overlap meaning 3 or more have missed most games, they also train and play PSA/Non PSA school rugby leading to fatigue injuries. We have a core group of 10 or 11 who have been with us since Novembers academy which if they stay as keen as they are will form a good nucleus for next year. If they go to U/17s next year it means we'll have a good size squad, as our U/15s have strong numbers, to bring along their skills and understanding of rugby and the basic structures we would like to improve our execution of. It's the 1st season i've had with them too so it's going to take time to bed the structures down. Hopefully over this summer we have a regular squad of 15+ players so we can look to improve on this year.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Maybe it depends how 'persuasive' the sports master is if they know you can play rugby. Is it the standard of the school or the standard of the club you are talking about rather than the comp? Any comment on the outcome of a Hale vs Palmyra game?
    My understanding is more that it's standard of comp, With Paly (at least in some age groups) light years ahead of the opposition and boys not getting challenged.

I need to qualify that by saying that I don't really know anything about club rugby and am just repeating what others have said.

The boys who I know have chosen PSA over club haven't been pressured by our school (can't comment for other schools) but have certainly had the advantages of playing what is essentially under 18 rugby at school explained to them in the context.

I wasn't there when our school played Hale, and haven't seen Paly play in juniors since my son was playing about 6 years ago, so my opinion wouldn't count for much.

I do know that for most school teams there isn't much separating them, Hale has won consistently, but apart from Scotch and Aquinas, it looks like most teams could beat most others on the right day. I don't know how that compares to club, but it makes for some exciting rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    I also understand that there are four Palmyra players that are playing PSA rugby in lieu of Club rugby this year because the school has put the squeeze on them.
    I know of two, the director of rugby is also a club man (as are many now in PSA) and would be shooting himself in the foot to pressure the boys too hard to play school and not club.

We have many more boys playing both than we do choosing school over club.....I can't comment on the number choosing club over school, since I don't know who they are.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    NTT well done on your work at Kalamunda mate hope you enjoy a swell in numbers. I appreciate it must get more and more difficult for parents players coaches managers alike in the older age groups commuting every week to Britannia.

Just hope that the lads the lads and parents appreciate all that you put in and others like you in similar roles at other clubs do likewise. Because without managers coaches and refs there is no game.

If there was no rugby life wouldn't be the same

Senior Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=GIGS20;359676]I need to qualify that by saying that I don't really know anything about club rugby and am just repeating what others have said.

.... so my opinion wouldn't count for much.
    QUOTE]

You keep saying these things Gigsy and yet continue to post on the club side of the website. Heed your own words and focus on commenting on Force players and leave the club stuff to those in the know.

vCash
    Like you?

I was commenting on PSA kids who have chosen not to play club.....it has been well established that I am involved in PSA rugby, however you keep on pretending to be lord and master of all things club rugby, yet never answer questions about which club you are associated with.

By the way, when was the wall built between club rugby and professional rugby? I'm sure Sinderberry would be keen to know that he's wasting his time promoting the grassroots.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    By the way, when was the wall built between club rugby and professional rugby? I'm sure Sinderberry would be keen to know that he's wasting his time promoting the grassroots.
    When was the first or last time he promoted the grassroots?

He's got his hands full sorting out the mess at the professional end.

Re "the wall"; it was built in 2006. It has never been taken down, that's the problem!

Rookie
    vCash
    10 of these boys did not compete in the regional competition and 5 of these boys have played very little or no rugby due to injury. 3 of this 5 is academy players.....
    There is no way you can get a player game-fit in 8 weeks to go and compete in the national champs.

What message is that to the other talented players out there that was on form and played well in the regionals

Some boys did not get selected that should have been in the squad

It is the same old story the same guy in charge and a replay of the resent school boys results is on the cards

Pally have so many boys in there because the assistant coach is from pally Joondalup has so many boys in there because the second assistant coach is from joondalup.
    Once again it is a Joke
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    When was the first or last time he promoted the grassroots?

He's got his hands full sorting out the mess at the professional end.

Re "the wall"; it was built in 2006. It has never been taken down, that's the problem!
    OK, sinderberry hasn't been in the job very long, but force players in club rugby has been mentioned, bankwest funding. I won't continue, because you aren't listening anyway.

as for the wall, it only exists in your head. every rugby lover in wa who isn't an incurable troll calls it a pathway to professional rugby for local talent.

I note with interest your refusal to nominate any qualifications of your own to belong to your own fictional division of this site.

I ask again (no lower expecting an answer) what credentials do you possess to comment on club rugby? is it simply that anybody you disagree with isn't qualified to comment? if so, I disagree with you, please refrain from posting on this site.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Gigsy,

You are the person that continually prefaces his posts by saying he knows nothing about club rugby and then continues to write a bunch of ill informed garbage.

Whilst they may not agree with my views, most observers of this website would acknowledge from the material I have posted that I do have significant knowledge on the happenings in club land. All of my "rumours" have been borne out as the truth. There's my credibility.

Now get back to the Force side of things. We can't afford to be distracted by muppets.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    10 of these boys did not compete in the regional competition and 5 of these boys have played very little or no rugby due to injury. 3 of this 5 is academy players.....
    There is no way you can get a player game-fit in 8 weeks to go and compete in the national champs.

What message is that to the other talented players out there that was on form and played well in the regionals

Some boys did not get selected that should have been in the squad

It is the same old story the same guy in charge and a replay of the resent school boys results is on the cards

Pally have so many boys in there because the assistant coach is from pally Joondalup has so many boys in there because the second assistant coach is from joondalup.
    Once again it is a Joke
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I have just looked up the Rugby WA Under 16 Table and am trying to follow your logic.

Are you saying that Rugby WA should take a weaker team away just because some lads couldn't participate in the regionals?

Based on the Table below any reasonable person would expect that the State team would predominantly be selected from the top 4 teams plus exceptional players from other club and PSA teams. Selectors should take the best players that are fit and able to travel.

My feedback was that the regionals were of a low standard this year and that the net needs to be cast wider to get the best team. Not sure that coaches can be blamed for the squads they had to pick from at regionals which were done in the school holidays and a number of players would have been away.

Team P W L D Pts For Against %
    Palmyra 10 10 0 0 460 37 1,243.24%
    Wanneroo 10 9 1 0 313 98 319.39%
    Perth Bayswater 10 6 2 326 96 339.58%
    Joondalup Blue 10 8 2 359 134 267.91%
    Southern Lions 10 5 4 251 155 161.94%
    Mandurah 10 5 5 0 281 188 149.47%
    Joondalup White 10 3 6 218 265 82.26%
    Arks 9 2 5 1 117 296 39.53%
    Rockingham 10 2 8 140 302 46.36%
    Kalamunda 11 1 10 0 67 406 16.50%
    University 10 0 8 0 78 358 21.79%
    Bunbury City Bulls 0 0 0 0.00% 0

P=Played W=Wins L=Losses D=Draws Bye=Byes BP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Gigsy,

You are the person that continually prefaces his posts by saying he knows nothing about club rugby and then continues to write a bunch of ill informed garbage.

Whilst they may not agree with my views, most observers of this website would acknowledge from the material I have posted that I do have significant knowledge on the happenings in club land. All of my "rumours" have been borne out as the truth. There's my credibility.

Now get back to the Force side of things. We can't afford to be distracted by muppets.
    Yes, as per usual you know ALL the clubland gossip, but don't actally mention your involvement in club. All the while denigrating my right to post on PSA rugby with which I am actively and currently involved.

I contend dear readers that the distracting muppet has a name that doesn't end in IGS20

For your elucidation Mr RumourMonger I will post as much as I like on club rugby, and whenever you piss me off enough by pointing out your opinion on whether I'm qualified to do so, I will most likely respond with another discussion about whether you are qualified....which you quite plainly aren't by your own rules because you consistently refuse to identify which club association you have, and continue to deflect the point with 'my information is accurate' I don't give a crap whether your information is accurate, by your test, it's second hand at best and that makes you, sir, the worst form of hypocrite.

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast