Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pindan Premier Grade Preview: Major/Minor Semi-Finals

Senior Player
    vCash
    "Us" being the rugby community as all clubs and supporters are tarnished by this outrageous treachery.

Next week is shaping up to be even worse.

The game is on between Wests and Cott: Who can get the most professional players on the paddock? My moneys on Cott.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RumourMonger; 19-08-13 at 08:56.

Champion
    vCash
    RM and Fulvio - I shall try one more time.

No probs for you guys to get personal - but I shall try to play the ball.

1. Had Palmyra been successful in getting Chris Alcock, would you have played him in yesterday's game? - he would have needed the same dispensation as Wykes, Cowan and Delit got.

Happy for you to say - you don't debate hypotheticals but you will know there was a concerted campaign at Pally to get him.

2. Where in the competition rules does it say a) a player must be registered before dispensation can be applied for and b) a player must be registered 1, 2, 3 or more weeks before taking the field?

The reason dispensation is often applied for before a player is registered is so that a) a schoolboy outside the 2 year window can play, b) a returning club member from O/S c) a returning player from long term injury. if dispensation is not granted in many of these cases then "said player" won't bother taking the field and as such not bother getting registered as registration is used by all clubs to get their subs.

Whilst I accept your argument that the above rules doesn't make the situation fair in your minds, the rules do not State a player must be registered the moment he sets foot in a club house, perhaps 3,4, 5 or 6 weeks before he even decides to play for the club. The rules also do not say a player must be registered before dispensation can be applied for.

them's the rules fellas and if you don't like them, then please get on board and change them, it is a democracy - you don't like it, but many do.

Go ahead and insult me and personally attack me - or - debate the rules. I don't need you to accept if they are right or wrong - that is your own choice - But they are the rules and personally attacking people at RugbyWa, professional players and myself won't change the rules - it will make you feel better - but won't correct the wrong - get involved if you feel that strongly about it and change them.

Last edited by Hansie; 19-08-13 at 10:32.

vCash
    Pek Cowan tweeted this after the game yesterday:

"Wish I could say the support was nice all round,Bit disappointing really . We r asked to stay to play club in Perth but get abused wen we do"

Whoever caused him to tweet this should be ashamed.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What a load of self serving bollocks from you Hansie.

I know nothing about Adcock, but even if Palmyra were interested in him, how do you draw the impossibly long bow that we would try to recruit him at the end of the season for the sole purpose of playing him in the finals when he would not be eligible to do so? Do you really think the cabal at RugbyWA would have even considered it? What was your involvement in the decision directing him where to play? How do you purportedly know so much about what happens within other clubs? Not using close connections, much?

Please don't judge others by your standards, or indeed those of RugbyWA.

Some clubs do have a long term view, not just a win at all cost mentality.

vCash
    Where the rules say a player must be registered to a club before he is eligible to play.

Don't pretend you're stupid or illiterate Hansie, people might believe you.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Us? So you are now admitting you're Paly and not Rocky after all. Posted via Mobile Device

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Pek Cowan tweeted this after the game yesterday:

"Wish I could say the support was nice all round,Bit disappointing really . We r asked to stay to play club in Perth but get abused wen we do"

Whoever caused him to tweet this should be ashamed.
    The only one who should be ashamed is Cowan (plus Wykes and Hayward!).

And he should learn to spell.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hansie,

Each club should put their regular teams out (ie those guys that have played the 18 rounds and done the hard yards in pre-season) and not rely on manipulating loopholes in the competition rules at the business end of the season. Otherwise, what's the point of playing the 18 home and away games?

The Sydney rugby competition is totally corrupted by this annual flooding of S15 players - why are we allowing it to happen here?

You're talking to the wrong person re Alcock - have no knowledge of him lately or any clubs approaching him. Met him once a long while ago; he's a nice guy and seems not to be the mercenary type. South African born and raised in Sydney from memory.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 19-08-13 at 13:29.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Where the rules say a player must be registered to a club before he is eligible to play.

Don't pretend you're stupid or illiterate Hansie, people might believe you.
    Fulvio

Absolutely A PLAYER MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE HE CAN PLAY - 100% right- I'll get you a noddy badge.

WHEN - should he be registered 3 weeks before he plays or 5 mins?

Happy for you to call me stupid and lots of names just shows that you have to get personal when you have lost the argument.

vCash
    Alcock played in the Uni v Kala match a couple of weekends ago. Not sure how he'd be able to get to another club so soon after that?

Anyway, just to get back to topic a wee bit: Watching the Wanneroo v Paly U/18s match on Saturday highlighted how some teams seem to rely heavily upon one or two players. It was an entertaining match, but both #13's seem to have the "give it to me; I'll do it all" mentality. This may well get knocked out of them when they get to the higher grades when they realise they are not the supermen they think they are. Granted, the Wanneroo 13 is an excellent player (with excellent pedigree), but he's got 14 others to help him out. The Paly 13 is quite good, clearly influenced by his father's exploits/anecdotes, but he's better served by having his team-mates join in as well.

Good match though - surprising result in the end too. Well done both teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Alcock played in the Uni v Kala match a couple of weekends ago. Not sure how he'd be able to get to another club so soon after that?

Anyway, just to get back to topic a wee bit: Watching the Wanneroo v Paly U/18s match on Saturday highlighted how some teams seem to rely heavily upon one or two players. It was an entertaining match, but both #13's seem to have the "give it to me; I'll do it all" mentality. This may well get knocked out of them when they get to the higher grades when they realise they are not the supermen they think they are. Granted, the Wanneroo 13 is an excellent player (with excellent pedigree), but he's got 14 others to help him out. The Paly 13 is quite good, clearly influenced by his father's exploits/anecdotes, but he's better served by having his team-mates join in as well.

Good match though - surprising result in the end too. Well done both teams
    What was the final score?

vCash
    It’s an absolute disgrace what Rugby WA have allowed to occur due to poor management and a lack of application of the rules.
    How can a player be provided dispensation from the rule (playing three competition games) when the player is registered with a Sydney Club?
    How can a player who has not played a game for any Perth club be provided dispensation for finals?
    What is the value to Rugby WA of providing dispensation for players that fall into these categories or to the clubs? I was at the final yesterday and the game was overshadowed by the fact that Wykes and Cowan were playing. Not the quality of the game, or as has been suggested on this site that there is value in having force players play in these games as it allows juniors or kids to watch them play. I took my son and all we heard was criticism and abuse of these players and of Rugby WA. No value there, how do you explain to your 7 year old the reasons why people are behaving in this manner?
    The management or application of the rules of rugby is to be fair and equitable both on and off the field.
    It appears to me that RugbyWA administration and leadership have let us down.
    A lack of planning on RugbyWAs behalf shouldn’t constitute an emergency on ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    And he should learn to spell.
    (twitter character limit.)

vCash
    Sorry, I'm no longer going to engage with you.

I draw the line at talking to walls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Sorry, I'm no longer going to engage with you.

I draw the line at talking to walls.
    Does that mean this ends at an agree to disagree?

I think that would be best for the public face of Rugby and this forum.

C'mon the

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast