Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honey badger ready to claw Bok flesh

vCash

Honey badger ready to claw Bok flesh

THE honey badger is back, and ready to hunt.
    Livewire Wallabies winger Nick Cummins says he is ready to tear into some Springbok flesh in Saturday night’s do-or-die encounter at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium.

Unsighted in the green and gold since last year’s spring tour because of a nagging knee injury, the 25-year-old features in a new-look back three alongside Israel Folau and James O’Connor.

The self-proclaimed ‘honey badger’ said he was looking to grab the opportunity coach Ewen McKenzie presented with both hands.

"I’m excited to be back on the weekend and show Ewen that I can do something and repay that (faith)," Cummins said.

Cummins, who boasts an impressive four from six winning strike rate in the Wallaby jersey, said he was ready to reassume his hunting role against Bryan Habana in Brisbane.

"He’s definitely a challenge but I’m ready to have a crack," he said.

The 98kg winger said aggression was key to nullifying the threat the speedy winger poses.

"I think it’s about having a presence in front of a player and trying to change what they’re going to do," Cummins said.

"Definitely don’t show him the sideline because he’s a pretty quick rooster."

Cummins said he was salivating at the prospect of playing outside the Wallabies crafty inside backs.

"Imagine running off Izzy and Quade (Cooper)," Cummins said

"(They’re) blokes who can bend the line, and not only bend the line but are able to do it themselves.

"If I can be on the outside of that, I’d be happy to get a bit of meat."

With uncertainty still hovering over his club future, Cummins said he was hoping his latest international opportunity would attract potential suitors.

"At the moment I’m just taking in each day and over the next few weeks it should become evident what’s going to happen," he said

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-g...-1226713372546

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    How do they manage to twist his last quote into him hoping to attract potential suitors??!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Probably because no signing has been announced or he hasn't signed yet

Until an announcement is made in the public domain the media can speculate all it wants

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The Brumbies have finalised their squad, the Tahs won't have the money and the Reds have just signed Lachie Turner. Reds I suppose are still a possibility and the Rebels might be too but you'd have to think things are looking promising for us if he keeps getting game time.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Badger did a whole lot of nothing last night...!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by almac View Post
    Badger did a whole lot of nothing last night...!!!
    He had a lot of help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Yes he made some handling errors. But that game was lost by the tight 5 - they were pussies!!

vCash
    He made 2 mistakes at the start after thats he was solid made a good line break great hit on sideshow bob and won us a 5m scrum only for us to fuck it uo. Wasnt a star but also wasnt the worst player out there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    You're right GAFFA those two handling errors at the start were probably nerves and trying a bit to hard, once he settled down he was more solid. Definitely deserves another chance. The back 3 didn't get a lot of opportunities, AAC should have used his wingers a bit more.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    He made 2 mistakes at the start after thats he was solid made a good line break great hit on sideshow bob and won us a 5m scrum only for us to fuck it uo. Wasnt a star but also wasnt the worst player out there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Which was 2 too many. To be fair - not just him, all of those useless Wallabies, too many mistakes, any mistake is one mistake too many. At this international level there should be NO mistakes. I was going to say not enough passion for the win, the game, their country BUT its much more simple than that - these guys just don't have what it takes, they always talk about the top 2 " - and in this group that's absolutely missing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    You're right GAFFA those two handling errors at the start were probably nerves and trying a bit to hard, once he settled down he was more solid. Definitely deserves another chance. The back 3 didn't get a lot of opportunities, AAC should have used his wingers a bit more.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    .....and moving the ball out to the wings more often might have helped run the big SA forwards around a bit more.....!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie12345 View Post
    Which was 2 too many. To be fair - not just him, all of those useless Wallabies, too many mistakes, any mistake is one mistake too many. At this international level there should be NO mistakes. I was going to say not enough passion for the win, the game, their country BUT its much more simple than that - these guys just don't have what it takes, they always talk about the top 2 " - and in this group that's absolutely missing.
    I counted three errors at the start of the match, would have to look again to name them, but I thought he came back from his f@&kups better than anybody else in the team. After the second dropped ball he certainly had his angry eyes on. Was probably a match for Izzy Folau and continued to have the ball passed away from him towards the messiah.

FWIW I thought O'Connor was reasonable as well, the wingers can be excused a fair bit of the blame, because the inside backs were trying to run around an up and in defense.

Under 10s should know how to beat that trap.

C'mon the

vCash
    Not reasonable to expect no mistakes Goldie. I know what you're saying, but they are all human and humans make mistakes - even the elite ones!

vCash
    I don't believe anyone minds the odd mistake, as these things happen, players take eyes off the ball to early, fumble, etc.

But when they do it twice in a row it raises alarm bells. I agree he recovered in the second half and the run to close down the boks and win the 5m scrum was his best play, but I don't believe he managed to cover his errors, especially the first one that would have seen him free on the wing with little defence in front of him. Perhaps that's why he dropped it? (Too eager to get his next running line, looked at the space and not the ball).
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    i just think the guy hasnt played any high level rugby for a long time and he just needed to calm down. Once he did he was fine. the issue wasnt Cummins or any of the backs for that matter the blame must lay with the Fowards didnt even seem like they wanted to be there.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast