Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Romain Poite

vCash
    With the TMO saying no foul play, I believe he is referring to the melee that occured afterwards.

In his original question to the TMO he asks to check the tackle and the handbags, he tells the TMO and the Capt that the tackle was high and with no arms (which to be fair, from the left touchline camera angle which is most similar to Romain, it does look like a shoulder). Romain at tgis point seems flustered, and doesn't appear to be reviewing the screen himself, which he is entitled too, However, the TMO has no excuse for not advising that the tackle was ok, instead he says 'stay with your original decision, and there is no foul play'. Which I understand to mean you got the tackle call right, and there was no afters.

I feel a little for Romain here, it was certainly poor communication to & from the TMO. But the TMO certainly didn't make it clear what he was referring too.

And before anyone jumps on the bandwagon that I'm protecting him, I am not, I am just looking at what happened from a process point of view, and remarking the the lack of clear process was what lead to this incident being permitted to continue.

The TMO is as much at fault as the Ref.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    George Ayoub, he thought it was the Force and had to rule against.

vCash
    GAGS20...your an absolute f*cken tool.

Your trying to apportion blame for a referees error onto NZ players and their apparent bogan fans.

The only bogan is you and you mates from Rockingham!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRichie View Post

Your trying to apportion blame for a referees error onto NZ players and their apparent bogan fans.

Easy there SirDicky

You fellas do seem to get the rub of the green when you play at home. Rest of us are just jealous. As the great man says, there's a world of difference between cheating and infringing.

Anyways, we're not all Bogans from down here you know. I like to consider myself more of a Derro.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    With the TMO saying no foul play, I believe he is referring to the melee that occured afterwards.

In his original question to the TMO he asks to check the tackle and the handbags, he tells the TMO and the Capt that the tackle was high and with no arms (which to be fair, from the left touchline camera angle which is most similar to Romain, it does look like a shoulder). Romain at tgis point seems flustered, and doesn't appear to be reviewing the screen himself, which he is entitled too, However, the TMO has no excuse for not advising that the tackle was ok, instead he says 'stay with your original decision, and there is no foul play'. Which I understand to mean you got the tackle call right, and there was no afters.

I feel a little for Romain here, it was certainly poor communication to & from the TMO. But the TMO certainly didn't make it clear what he was referring too.

And before anyone jumps on the bandwagon that I'm protecting him, I am not, I am just looking at what happened from a process point of view, and remarking the the lack of clear process was what lead to this incident being permitted to continue.

The TMO is as much at fault as the Ref.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Romain could have asked the question about the tackle as well before ruling. He just looked flustered. Unfortunate. I generally don't mind if a ref makes a bad call in general play but with the benefits of technology they need to take a breath and get it right. A yellow card that led to a red card is a terrible mistake to make and is very different to a simple penalty.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    I can tell you've never seen the chiefs play at NIB then!

Isn't it nice to see the sheep shaggers get precious when their tactics are questioned. This is exactly the response I was expecting.

C'mon the

vCash
    Sorry RR, I certainly respect your views and appreciate the input you have on this forum, but you can't expect to defend a decision that the IRB refs bosses have said is wrong and overturned and then say we're jumping on the band wagon. If an international standard ref can get flustered in such a situation, it's time for him to have a seat....that's all im saying. I wonder why you won't say the same thing when most of your fraternity seem to be looking in (at least) the same direction.

C'mon the

vCash

There is always one! another fair weather fan, even your coach and Carter think it was a fair tackle.
    Take of the black glasses Sir Dick.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    New Zeeeeland is to rugby what India is to cricket - bullies, pure and simple.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Sorry RR, I certainly respect your views and appreciate the input you have on this forum, but you can't expect to defend a decision that the IRB refs bosses have said is wrong and overturned and then say we're jumping on the band wagon. If an international standard ref can get flustered in such a situation, it's time for him to have a seat....that's all im saying. I wonder why you won't say the same thing when most of your fraternity seem to be looking in (at least) the same direction.
    Erm, as I stated, I was neither defending the ref, or his decision, I was mearly trying to explain why it seemed to happen, as much for my own and colleagues experience, and for you guys to see.

I just don't go looking for the noose quite as quickly as others. I expect people to be given a chance to learn from their mistakes, and become better for them.

Perhaps I'm just an optomist.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I can agree to disagree RR, but I would think that a Wallaby making a mistake that huge, with that many tools at his disposal would be dropped and ridiculed, and rightly so.

All I would like to see is some level of consistency from refs, particularly where the All Blacks are concerned. I'm sick of the silver spoon they've created through hype and aggression towards the officials of our game.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Perhaps I'm just an optomist.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Well if you're a Ref you probably need to see one at least, just like Romain

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    What a great little forum this is ha ha

Champion
    vCash
    Because one ref made a stuff up everyone is now showing their true colours and bagging the shit out of NZ.The fact pure and simple is that if it wasn't for the expat kiwi community in Perth you wouldn't be having this discussion because a super 15 franchise would not be here in Perth.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    All Blacks ranked No 1 46 months in a row.I suppose i'd get a bit pissed off too if I was you guys

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast