Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D-Day for wayward Wallaby O'Connor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    The ARU would still have to ratify his Super Rugby contract and I doubt they would allow him to be in the same team as QC or KB
    How about in the same city as Buddy? He'll be on a bargain basement contract so maybe Buddy would rent him a cheap room at his Bondi pad. If JOC agrees to do the dishes and put the rubbish out. He could catch the train from Bondi to Concord for West Harbour training too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    This is a critical development for both James and the Force.

If he decides not to go overseas and wants to earn back the respect as he says and wants to do it here in Australia, this can only be a win / win for the Force, the ARU and most importantly James himself.

Taking the article at face value and assumung James was not pushed into the option, which seems likely bearing in mind the way Beale and Cooper were treated with much more serious misbehaviours, I think this bodes very well and I for one will be cheering him on Force colours next year.
    Tazz, I wish I had your optimism ?
    I, for one, have always wanted him back at the force, despite the crap that comes with him.
    But, after this decision, I can't believe he will contemplate staying in Australia - it will France or the mungoes.

Great loss to the wallabies and a greater loss to the force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    it will France or the mungoes.
    He can go to St George Illawarra and get on the Pineapple Cruisers with Duges

vCash
    My only issue with this (having been a little out of the loop for a while) is,

James hasn't been charged with anything
    James hasn't appeared in court
    James hasn't stolen any laptops
    James hasn't gone on national television and called his teammates toxic.

But our flyhalf has.

Fair?

I now would encourage him to take the contract with the Force, work his arse off and graciously forgive the useless toss bags who threw him to the wolves all the while saving their troubled, but erratic favorite.

It would make a great sporting story, highly unlikely to happen the way I feel like it should, but a great story if he can pull it off.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    My only issue with this (having been a little out of the loop for a while) is,

James hasn't been charged with anything
    James hasn't appeared in court
    James hasn't stolen any laptops
    James hasn't gone on national television and called his teammates toxic.

But our flyhalf has.

Fair?

I now would encourage him to take the contract with the Force, work his arse off and graciously forgive the useless toss bags who threw him to the wolves all the while saving their troubled, but erratic favorite.

It would make a great sporting story, highly unlikely to happen the way I feel like it should, but a great story if he can pull it off.
    To All Concerned
    The ARU have got something about anyone who is or has been associated with the Western Force and as mentioned before .. Disciplinary action was required for JOCs issues but now the ARU have really set a standard that step out of line and you are gone... But if it goes to court then you are protected.. JOC should take this to Fair work Australia for unfair dismissal...

vCash
    I agree that JOC's punishment is way worse than what either of the other two miscreants got, but we don't know whether there are other skeletons in JOC's cupboard that the ARU have taken into account. I seem to remember a newspaper piece saying there was more stuff about JOC that they couldn't print??

Also, as the guys on RugbyHQ said last night, Pulver and McKenzie are both new to their jobs and were under pressure to make a stand so as not to seem weak. So, maybe JOC was a victim of circumstance too.

I say send him to Toulon to spend some time with the consummate professional Jonny Wilkinson - if that doesn't turn him round, nothing will!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Sounds like I will get my wish maybe!
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...rom=public_rss

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    He's 23 time he grew up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I agree that JOC's punishment is way worse than what either of the other two miscreants got, but we don't know whether there are other skeletons in JOC's cupboard that the ARU have taken into account. I seem to remember a newspaper piece saying there was more stuff about JOC that they couldn't print??

Also, as the guys on RugbyHQ said last night, Pulver and McKenzie are both new to their jobs and were under pressure to make a stand so as not to seem weak. So, maybe JOC was a victim of circumstance too.

I say send him to Toulon to spend some time with the consummate professional Jonny Wilkinson - if that doesn't turn him round, nothing will!
    I think that was the hope for Gavin Henson when we went to play for Toulon, but he made the cardinal sin of slagging off Sir Jonny so his teammates bashed him! Could be good for James, those boys will straighten him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I think that was the hope for Gavin Henson when we went to play for Toulon, but he made the cardinal sin of slagging off Sir Jonny so his teammates bashed him! Could be good for James, those boys will straighten him out.
    So we're advocating violence in the workplace now to sort out wayward players? Just sayin.....

vCash

I reckon if pulver wanted to make a stand he should have axed Beale when he punched delve.
    His term is now going to be another where everyone gets another chance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Basha69 View Post
    So we're advocating violence in the workplace now to sort out wayward players? Just sayin.....
    this coming from a user name like yours?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I reckon if pulver wanted to make a stand he should have axed Beale when he punched delve.
    His term is now going to be another where everyone gets another chance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    True, but I think Beale was dealt with more gently because he is an alcoholic and needs support more than punishment. That's the only way I can rationalise why he wasn't cut like they've cut JOC.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    True, but I think Beale was dealt with more gently because he is an alcoholic and needs support more than punishment. That's the only way I can rationalise why he wasn't cut like they've cut JOC.
    He wasnt cut because the tahs wanted to sign him
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast