Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contrite O'Connor at the mercy of Force

Champion
    vCash

Contrite O'Connor at the mercy of Force

Dumped Wallaby James O'Connor admits he needs a major lifestyle change to get another chance of playing for Australia.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ercy-of-force/

Haven't we heard this before?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Karma really is a biarch, hey?!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Dumped Wallaby James O'Connor admits he needs a major lifestyle change to get another chance of playing for Australia.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ercy-of-force/

Haven't we heard this before?

I reckon that's a bit unfair.
    Apart from getting frustrated at gate staff because he couldn't go in his holiday - everything was moving along nicely re his attitude. There had been positive comments about him fr the force. And link.

Becoming the broken record again. Would anyone else be totally fine if you get to the airport. Check in and then at the gate get told you can't go on your holiday? I seriously doubt it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Must be nice to be able to afford a holiday that involves going on a plane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Apart from getting frustrated at gate staff because he couldn't go in his holiday - everything was moving along nicely re his attitude. There had been positive comments about him fr the force. And link.

Becoming the broken record again. Would anyone else be totally fine if you get to the airport. Check in and then at the gate get told you can't go on your holiday? I seriously doubt it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Flew to Brisbane via Sydney and the the flight to Sydney was delayed getting into Sydney because weather had forced us to slow down mid flight. Booked onto another connecting flight and that flight was delayed by 30 mins to load luggage from other plane.

Get to Brisbane and no bags, was told by Qantas staff that bags weren't there and they would be on the next flight. To cut a long story short I waited at the airport for 2 and a half hours (no sleep having caught the red eye) and was leaving when a qantas person came up and said they had been sitting out the back the whole time.

I went nuclear at the lot of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Flew to Brisbane via Sydney and the the flight to Sydney was delayed getting into Sydney because weather had forced us to slow down mid flight. Booked onto another connecting flight and that flight was delayed by 30 mins to load luggage from other plane.

Get to Brisbane and no bags, was told by Qantas staff that bags weren't there and they would be on the next flight. To cut a long story short I waited at the airport for 2 and a half hours (no sleep having caught the red eye) and was leaving when a qantas person came up and said they had been sitting out the back the whole time.

I went nuclear at the lot of them
    Exactly, I was really hard pressed not no lose my shit at qantas when I was stuck in mackay for an extra 3 hours after finishing nightshift about 4 hours previously; And I was on double time. Nobody likes it when their plans to get home/ have a holiday are changed because of something that's not their fault.
    I could have been ok with this happening after he missed dopey bob's last team meeting. But to have it happen over this is IMO a total load of shit. Crucifixion by media jackals trying to get some coverage.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    When we get belted in the grand slam attempt and people whinge where our 'x-factor' is I'm gonna go f**king insane on the roar and GAGR all over again. I'll hold off on saying It now, just in case . But we're in real deep trouble and it won't be pretty come November
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
    He got frustrated at staff because he couldn't go on holiday! And who's fault was that?

If he was not drunk it would not have happened! Not the airlines fault.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ...I went nuclear at the lot of them
    Did you get the cops called on you and get shown out, 'cos if not what must he have been like...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Did you get the cops called on you and get shown out, 'cos if not what must he have been like...?
    That's what we don't know. Sometimes airline staff can be pricks. Everyone has bad days at work. Maybe he struck one having a bad day. Maybe they recognised him and decided "Rugby Brand? I'll fix your f@cking Rugby Brand you smart-arsed prick".
    Whatever he did, he's paid a heavy price for a string of minor offences. I hope he gets his head right - in Perth - and demands selection as a Wallaby by his 2014 form.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    No copad were called but there was a couple of the usual brain dead security rent a cop types milling about.

The ARU will announce its findings and we'll all have a clearer picture. I thought it was odd that his contract release was reported as a release and not a termination. Did he jump before the bosses find out he was a total dick? Very possible by the sounds of it. I guess we'll find out in due course
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I agree Shasta, I was right pissed off with him after the brand comment, and have thought he's been a douche ever since, but douche or not, this looks like a witch hunt to take attention away from the fact that they are selecting a bloke who shit on the gold jersey and white anted a coach out of a job (to be fair, the coach wasn't making Quade's job difficult)

C'mon the

vCash
    No copad were called but there was a couple of the usual brain dead security rent a cop types milling about.

The ARU will announce its findings and we'll all have a clearer picture. I thought it was odd that his contract release was reported as a release and not a termination. Did he jump before the bosses find out he was a total dick? Very possible by the sounds of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Fox sports reported it as a termination.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That's what we don't know. Sometimes airline staff can be pricks. Everyone has bad days at work. Maybe he struck one having a bad day. Maybe they recognised him and decided "Rugby Brand? I'll fix your f@cking Rugby Brand you smart-arsed prick".
    Whatever he did, he's paid a heavy price for a string of minor offences. I hope he gets his head right - in Perth - and demands selection as a Wallaby by his 2014 form.
    How often do you find that what's in the papers is not true? They normally are spot on. The ARU was waiting for a report from the AFP and probably made their decision on that.

Now lets look at what was reported. JOC was led by AFP back through security and Customs. So there were no airline staff nearby. If you gonna argue about seat arrangements then surely you do it at the check in? Think JOC is trying to cover his tracks and some of you are believing him!

BTW I hope he sorts himself out and signs with the Force.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    What really p###es me off is that KB and QC got away with a lot more serious "crimes". While we cannot defend JOC the question has to be asked why was he treated harder than those two. I would suggest the Pulver and McKenzie simply wanted to make a statement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast