Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sonny Bill Williams admits he's torn between loves

vCash

Sonny Bill Williams admits he's torn between loves

THE man of the moment from the Sydney Roosters grand final win last night - Sonny Bill Williams - was the last to arrive on stage today to greet fans but also the last to leave.

Williams remained to shake hands, sign autographs, pose for hundreds of photos, and even receive a few kisses long after his team-mates retreated from the sun and chants of "Roosters! Roosters!" at Allianz Stadium.

Williams thanked fans for their support but did not reveal his plans for 2014 after a one-year handshake deal with club chairman Nick Politis for 2013.

The dual international is strongly rumoured to be heading back to rugby union and boxing.

He told reporters at today's fan day celebration that he was "torn".

"I'm not too sure yet," he said when asked what his future held.

"I've got some tough decisions coming up.

"I'm torn in a few directions - only time will tell. I'm just savouring the moment."

It is the first Roosters premiership since 2002 and the 13th for the club.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226734117006

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    SBW will go back to Union the question is getting the timing right so he can compete in the olympics the next world cup and still keep up his boxing ambitions

I for one applaud his ability to chop and change seamlessly & contribute at a high level

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    the only thing he's torn between is which cheque book, league or union's.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    SBW will go back to Union the question is getting the timing right so he can compete in the olympics the next world cup and still keep up his boxing ambitions

I for one applaud his ability to chop and change seamlessly & contribute at a high level
    That is the whole thing about SBW, he does not make promises and break them next outing, he is a consummate professional in all respects. The Chiefs (and NZRU) will welcome him back with open arms and I bet if he wanted to go back to the Roosters in 2016, they would have him in a flash and neither would be held to a monetary ransom for his services. There's another young "three lettered" fella at the cross roads of his career at 23 who could learn a lot from the way SBW conducts himself and his business.

I can hear the cow bells ringing from here

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    DH?? .. i have a spare letter

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    That is the whole thing about SBW, he does not make promises and break them next outing, he is a consummate professional in all respects
    Canterbury Bulldogs might argue that

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Canterbury Bulldogs might argue that
    They might argue it, but I bet they would have him back

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    They might argue it, but I bet they would have him back
    I don't doubt that and they've probably gotten over it although I know a Bulldogs supporter that still whinges about it (not you Shasta )

Walking out on a contract 6 months after signing it isn't exactly honoring a promise

vCash
    He has matured significantly from those days by all accounts I've read.

vCash
    He's pretty hot too

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    SPECULATION Sonny Bill Williams is set for a return to Super Rugby reached fever pitch on Tuesday with confirmation he is unavailable for New Zealand's rugby league World Cup squad.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1226734459897

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I don't doubt that and they've probably gotten over it although I know a Bulldogs supporter that still whinges about it (not you Shasta )

Walking out on a contract 6 months after signing it isn't exactly honoring a promise

FWIW, I've been pretty clear about the fact I bare him no I'll will re his walking on the Dogs. But SBW himself does. There is a lot many people don't know about the events surrounding that event.To his credit, he has never tried to make excuses for the manner of his departure, letting his actions speak for him instead. I'm 100% certain money is not his main motivation. You don't knock back 2 million a year for 3 more years on the French Riviera if it is. I have nothing but admiration for the bloke and hope he achieves his goals.

The thing he has left to achieve is to take himself from being an All Black to becoming an All Black legend. He can't do that in the NRL. He'll be back in Hamilton next year.

If Tony Munine is any judge he can also become a great boxer. I don't know enough to make a comment about that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Has just made himself available for the Kiwi's world cup campaign

Last edited by westies man; 08-10-13 at 15:59. Reason: a
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Good news for you lot. Possibly bad news for us. Consecutive "world" cups to go with the genuine article. Plus the Bledisloe and Championship trophies.

Still think he'll be back in Hamilton next year though. The smart move would be to suspend boxing ambitions for now. His fight rep was well on the way to the scrap heap when they threw the towel in last time. Don King could have done no better.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    If he doesn't accept any fights within the next 6 to 8 months he will get his title stripped off him

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast