Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Year 9 Hale Rugby

vCash

Year 9 Hale Rugby

Hey boys,
    this is a forum where we, the Hale Year 9 Rugby Team, can talk about our rugby. OH HALE YOU BEAUT!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Well, ALL Hale boys can, or infact anyone who wants to talk about Hale - old boys included if there are any around?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Hey boys,
    traning was insane...alot oh hard work ay?
    just think about how much we will beat Guilford by later on in the season!
    Cheers and hopefully we have a good season... HALE!

Prospect
    vCash

Sore Heel : (

Yo! Shaun!!! Tis evan, i cant wait till my heel gets better so i can run again! And when i run i can play Rugby and when i can play rugby i can practise and wen i can practise i can get better so i can play wing on ure teem!!!

vCash
    My team??? i don't think so brudda it our team! and hope that heel gets better! GO HALE!

vCash
    goooo team ... yeah I'm an old Hale boy ... well sort of ... actually not really hehehe ... I didnt think they played rugby in school anymore ... hehe my bad! well youngens keep practicingand hopefully we will see some of yas in the force squad heehehehe

vCash
    Don't woz Lonzy, you will! HALE got some wiked talent coming up the ranks ay boys!

vCash
    wicked! and dont forget were you started out lol

vCash
    will do Lonzy

vCash
    YOEW! That's it boy a great win against AC! 12-0 Don't have to worry much this week it's only Christchurch O HALE U BEAUT!

vCash
    O HALE U BEAUT!!! 36-0 boys! we wiped em up n the second half! Christchurch suk.... WE DA GOOTS! haha well done boys! that last try was so well worked, awesome backline move an who betta to score than the fullback

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Haven't heard much in the way of Hale Yr 9 match updates Shaurnmarn so I thought I'd help you out with one I came across:

Year 9A Scotch Coach’s Report:

Friday 16 June

Scotch 18 Hale 0

What a great start!! We kicked off, the Scotch forwards pressured their Hale counterparts into error, Nick Foster brilliantly recovered the dropped ball and, from the resulting ruck, Alistair Sinden ran to the line, drew in the defence and threw a long cut out pass to Nick Feely on the burst. Feely's neat change of angle completely wrong footed the defence and he scored untouched between the posts. He duly converted his own try to make the score 7-0 after 2 minutes.
    From the restart our forwards again drove the ball deep into the Hale half and when Hale infringed at the ruck Feely goaled from wide out and it was 10-0 after only 5 minutes of play.
    After this things rather went off the boil for a bit. Maybe Scotch thought that the game was effectively over? Hale clearly had other ideas. They threw themselves into the contest with great vigour and were constantly going forward. As a result Scotch were forced to hold onto the ball for a bit too long when tackled, or were tempted to use their hands in the rucks in order to get the ball back. Whatever it was it seemed every 50/50 decision for the rest of the half went against us and it was only good tackling, and great long distance clearing kicks by Nick Feely that kept Hale at bay.
    Hale were teaching the Scotch forwards a lesson in commitment and leg drive in the rucks but, as they have been all year, our lineout and scrum work was dominatingly effective and this allowed us to limit the amount of ball Hale had to play with.
    Particular mention should be made here of the outstanding efforts of Sam Edwards in the lineout and Jeremy Lee in the scrum. But despite their efforts we went to the half time break still only leading 10-0. The coaches made several substitutions at half time. They were seeking fresh legs and a greater impact in the second half from the new players. They got the impact, but it was not from one of the new players.
    Shortly after the kick off a ruck formed near half way. Hale had taken the ball into the ruck and seemed assured of winning it when Jeremy Lee counter-rucked brilliantly. He ran in from a fair distance back and single handedly smashed the Hale ruck backwards, just as their halfback was about to retrieve the ball. As a result the ball was dropped and knocked forwards. From the resulting scrum we picked and drove effectively to a position in front of the Hale goal posts and when Hale once again infringed at the ruck Nick Feely easily kicked his second penalty goal to make it 13-0 with only 15 minutes of play remaining.
    Hale now had to score two converted tries to win. But to their credit they did not give up and kept coming at us in waves. However our defence held them at bay and when we did eventually manage to get back into their half of the field again, and were awarded a penalty that Nick Feely could probably have kicked, I am sure that most of the Hale players and supporters thought that that was what we would do. But no!! Instead Feely kicked for the sideline and, from the resulting lineout, much to the bemusement of the Hale team and the delight of the Scotch players and supporters, Scotch attempted a replay of the try they had scored the previous week against Guildford. They put 13 players into the lineout, Sam Edwards won the throw and, while Hale were still struggling to work out what was going on, our 13 man pack had barged its way across their line with (who else?) Nick Feely eventually touching down. This was a slickly worked move that the team has been practicing for some time at training and it was pleasing for all concerned to see it actually work (again) in a game situation.
    Nick Feely missed the conversion but that still meant that Scotch's lead had suddenly blown out to 18 - 0.
    There are still things to work on. The clean out and go forward at rucks and mauls still needs lots of work. And the tackle technique could be improved. But we can worry about those matters at training next week. For now it suffices to say that this was a great game played in excellent spirit by a very committed Scotch team.
    Outstanding efforts were everywhere on the day, but special mention has to be made of Jeremy Lee, Jack Burrell and Raine Kent in the forwards and Alistair Sinden, Lewis Edwards and of course (yet again) Nick Feely in the backs.
    Although Nick Feely was clearly the best on ground this week I cannot conclude this report without singling out Jeremy Lee for special praise, both for his dominating performance in the scrum and the power and go forward he brings to the break down. Unfortunately Jeremy will be overseas for our next two matches. We will have to work hard to replace his power in the scrum and his determination around the field. In the meantime we say "bon voyage" Jeremy ... and hurry back!

Blatantly stolen from: Mr Peter Sinden, Head Coach.

Scotch College Rugby Union Messenger, Issue #6

Year 9 "Ladder"
    1. Scotch P5, W5, L0, D0
    2. Trinity P5, W4, L1, D0
    3. Wesley P6, W3, L2, D1
    =4. Aquinas P5, W2, L3, D0
    =4. Guildford P5, W2, L3, D0
    6. Hale P5, W1, L3, D1
    7. Christchurch P5, W1, L4, D0

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Yes, they won but the score board does not always show how the game was played, as the coach said a great start gave them the early lead. From then on it was very much a evenly matched game. It suprises me that the tables hav turned, last year Guilford aquinas and Hale were the strong teams; but it seems now OTHER school are buying players. Scotch and Trinity in particular have lured at least 5 new players each into their side while Hale lost both of their wingers from last year.

Burgs that table is not correct, i think we lie 4th now after loosing to trinity 24-14 last week. Our forwards are sturggling and our backline stands to far apart. The flyhalf and centres drift to much. We need some serious training to get back to a top spot contending team. Never the less we are still very competitive.

Anyone out there got some tips for our backline? Or maybe have the time to come down and help???

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Do you think Mr Sinden would like someone else cutting his grass,Shaunman?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Mr Sinden is the Scotch (opposition) Coach grasscutter

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast