Thread: The Dribbler

vCash

The Dribbler

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...rom=public_rss

For what it's worth. He's gone and good riddance and I still can't believe that he accepted/applied for the position knowing he was going, he could have been upfront and been a care taker coach while the Force looked. To my mind he's a tosser!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Couldn't agree more Snob.

It's only fitting that he'd go to the franchise that also houses Will Genia and Digby Ioane....no honour for a man's word in Queensland.

They deserve each other!

C'mon the

vCash
    Yeah good point GIGS, it's not as though Michael Foley had just recommitted and was still under contract with the Waratahs when he signed with the Force..
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Yeah good point GIGS, it's not as though Michael Foley had just recommitted and was still under contract with the Waratahs when he signed with the Force..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Was that before or after Cheika turned the force down and was being courted by the tahs?

Foley saw the writing on the wall and made the first move Dicky was just making moves behind his employers back with a smile on his face 4 months before the announcement.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    offered a release wasn't he?

if I recall the situation, the force wanted Cheika, but he mysteriously didn't sign, despite having little else on the table.

Foley was dumped by the tahs and then picked up by the force (to the ridicule of pretty much everybody on the east coast if I recall)

I don't think that's in exactly the same league as committing to another franchise at the end of your first year of a two year contract and stinking so bad that you get the sack.

if you want to look for a common denominator with the force it would be our inability to hang on to big names who are looking for the big pay day. but I guess to identify that one only makes my case, something you'd never want to do where Queensland are involved hey?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    It's a thing called loyalty and commitment - or lack of it.
    Mitchell: Did the dirty on us (and everywhere else he's been come to that) Best gone and forgotten. Used the Force as a vehicle to promote himself
    Graham: Did the dirty on us. Blamed everybody and everything else for his problems. Remember his farewell speech saying he was looking forward to going to a place where rugby really matterred, or something like that.
    Always came over as a nice bloke but where was the loyalty except to himself.
    It's also a thing called Queensland.
    They leaked news of Graham's appointment leaving the Force management with nowhere to go. Ditto the Genia deal.
    Foley has shown commitment so far but let's not forget he's got to prove himself as well. I believe he can and will.
    Commitment = Nathan Sharpe

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It is small gestures that shines a light on one's loyalty and Foles making the time to come to our awards night recently shows to me he is committed to us.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    offered a release wasn't he?

if I recall the situation, the force wanted Cheika, but he mysteriously didn't sign, despite having little else on the table.

Foley was dumped by the tahs and then picked up by the force (to the ridicule of pretty much everybody on the east coast if I recall)

I don't think that's in exactly the same league as committing to another franchise at the end of your first year of a two year contract and stinking so bad that you get the sack.

if you want to look for a common denominator with the force it would be our inability to hang on to big names who are looking for the big pay day. but I guess to identify that one only makes my case, something you'd never want to do where Queensland are involved hey?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Foley wasn't dumped by the Tahs, he resigned with 12months still on his contact, he was copping flack for the Tahs 2012 performance but the board had backed him for 2013. http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226439239626

Take this as you will, but rather then looking for others to constantly blame you may want to examine the the organisation who was constantly losing these players and failing to recruit decent coaches. Heck, from some of your comments you would almost think that the Western Force were the first club to ever have hard times, struggle to retain big name players or recruit a quality coach. Hopefully the Force have turned the corner and have cleaned out the deadwood within the organisation.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    between foley and cheika i think we got the better end of the deal

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    between foley, Graham and cheika i think we got the better end of the deal
    Fixed

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    TOCC,you would be naive to think that there was not a lot of wheeling and dealing going on at the Tahs before Foley resigned,& that Cheika had no contact with any Tah official before declining the Force offer

Last edited by brokendown gunfighter; 16-12-13 at 13:27.

vCash
    only two points
    Foley wasn't dumped by the Tahs, he resigned with 12months still on his contact, he was copping flack for the Tahs 2012 performance but the board had backed him for 2013. http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226439239626
    If there were no back room dealings, riddle me this, why did Cheika not sign with the force and magically turn up as the Tahs coach within a breath of Foley's resignation being accepted?

Take this as you will, but rather then looking for others to constantly blame you may want to examine the the organisation who was constantly losing these players and failing to recruit decent coaches. Heck, from some of your comments you would almost think that the Western Force were the first club to ever have hard times, struggle to retain big name players or recruit a quality coach. Hopefully the Force have turned the corner and have cleaned out the deadwood within the organisation.
    Secondly, I'm not looking for others to blame. I know the force could have held onto all of these players and coaches. I am well versed in the travails of the reds, they used to be my second team, however it's the valueless and mercenary tactics they have used to trade their way into a championship which has turned me against them. I am not jealous that the Reds have Genia or Graham, nor was I about Digby (eventually) I just think it's telling that almost everybody in super rugby who will happily walk out on a verbal agreement end up there. Shit even JOC honored his word and his contract......that makes the petulant little shit more of a man than the other three!

C'mon the

vCash
    Q: Your decision to leave the Force, a franchise which lost superstar James O'Connor six months earlier, for the Reds well before your contract expired was considered controversial. Looking back, would you have done anything different?

A: No I wouldn't. For me, being upfront and honest with the Force, making sure I held firm to my values and a high level of integrity… no, I wouldn't change anything. I was honest. I conducted myself with a high level of integrity through the whole process. The decision came about on the back of a conversation with Jim (Carmichael) and Ewen (McKenzie) in January. It was one of rugby's best kept secrets given it was April by the time we announced it. Everything that needs to be said has been said.
    Jeebus Christ on a frakking crutch what a load of merde

He even says the decision was made in January after being tapped up by Carmichael and Link. What about the little side issue of being under contract to the Force you lying piece of shit.

Woody lol, his handle is "Braindead Dick" for a very good reason.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor