Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Nedlands will establish a training base in Northern Suburbs

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Now you Refs play nicely, don't want to have to dish out any cards, you know what happens next if I have to take action, have a word

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    I agree with you Westie.
    This whole thing has been about Wanneroo not wanting Nedlands to set up a training facility in the City of Joondalup (not Wanneroo) and which is over 12kms from Wanneroo's ground and is in fact closer to Joondalup's club grounds. Now Wholetruth says Wanneroo helped set up North Coast cause Wanneroo had too many kids. Fair Dinkum!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    A few years back North Coast Rugby set up a new club in Butler with a lot of help from Mitch Hardy. It started off okay for numbers but has struggled in the last few seasons and has not grown as anticipated.

No it was set up with the help of Wanneroo because they had too many kids to cope with. But, when Joondalup heard about it they demanded Wanneroo pull out. Mitch Hardy agreed so the club had to stand alone
    A little bit hypocritical of Waneroo to complain then if they attempted to do the exact same thing which Nedlands is now doing.

Player
    vCash
    PS...
    I see Westie has a page in the Linebreak that came out with the Force Members pack....
    Is that you in there??

Champion
    vCash
    A little bit hypocritical of Waneroo to complain then if they attempted to do the exact same thing which Nedlands is now doing.

No. I was simply pointing out that Wanneroo was helping to set the Norths club up and was then going to pull out. Joondalup were the ones complaining saying it had to be totally independent. So if one club was not alllowed to even assist in setting up another in close proximity to a third why has the Nedlands scheme been given the go ahead by WAJRU. The word precedent comes to mind.

vCash
    Did RugbyWA actively prevent Wanneroo from helping with the set up of the Norths club?

Or was it just because Joondalup complained?

vCash
    There's always these guys if the local juniors need somewhere to play: http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_in...4011%40%401%40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    There's always these guys ......
    Good point. A case of "careful what you wish for" ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numberate View Post
    A few years back North Coast Rugby set up a new club in Butler with a lot of help from Mitch Hardy. It started off okay for numbers but has struggled in the last few seasons and has not grown as anticipated.

Joondalup is just a few Kms up the road so I guess parents just naturally prefer to take their kids to an established club.

Wests have made the smartest move and whilst probably not an easy decision at the time I would hazard a guess to say it will pay dividends in the near future.
    Posted via Mobile Device

It is true that Joondalup have a number of junior players who live north of the freeway. But I don't think there's any one overriding reason for that. Possibly the biggest reason is that a lot of boys like to play with their mates. Another is that a lot of immigrants initially rent in Joondalup but end up buying homes in Butler/Quinns/Alkimos, etc due to affordability & VFM.

I did look up the North Coast Website to see what they're up to but the link from Rugby WA failed.

http://www.northcoastrugbyunion.org.au/

Does anyone have a new link?

Champion
    vCash
    This whole thing has been about Wanneroo not wanting Nedlands to set up a training facility in the City of Joondalup
    I think you might find Joondalup are none too happy either

Did RugbyWA actively prevent Wanneroo from helping with the set up of the Norths club?
    Or was it just because Joondalup complained?

Wanneroo volunteered to help set them up, Joondalup complained to RugbyWA, RugbyWA said get out.

Player
    vCash
    Interesting reading, to the people who support what we are trying to do I thank you.

We are are only looking at kids from 5 to 12, there is no academy and we are training once a week on Wednesdays.

It has been a slow process so we haven't been able to release too many details as nothing had been confirmed.

We tried to link with a school to try to bring new kids to our game but we weren't able to get it up and running. I strongly believe in having kids enjoy the game I loved as a kid before the pressures of expectations of rep coaches, rep academies and parents who came to nothing as a player and try to relive what they couldn't achieve in our game.

They're kids, it's not about premierships, it's about playing and meeting new friends. I read that someone thought I was setting up an academy. I can tell you I don't believe in club academies. Academies are for the elite, club academies suck the life and enjoyment of the game out of our kids. We should be all be looking to introduce new players and more importantly how to retain them.

I'm as loyal to my club as anyone and I understand why people want to protect their patch, but let's all work out how to make our game great in Perth.

Also thanks for the free advertising
    Posted via Mobile Device

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darren; 17-01-14 at 21:17. Reason: ...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    dont worry Bally,keep doing what you are doing

Champion
    vCash
    Hope you teach the kids how to use a full stop, comma, apostrophe and capital letter too.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    if that's your best shot,it's a fizzer---play the ball(excuse the pun),sunshine

Champion
    vCash
    Would that be with spaces between commas and words and between words and open brackets?
    By fizzer I assume you mean dope - heh heh

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast