Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Nedlands will establish a training base in Northern Suburbs

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    my point was that you are using a fair bit of poetic licence with your travel times

you say it wont work--so what are you worried about then?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Traffic is a breeze here in Perth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    my point was that you are using a fair bit of poetic licence with your travel times

you say it wont work--so what are you worried about then?
    I'm not worried. I'm just throwing in my 2c. And yes some of my travel times are exaggerated, but I guess it depends on how far out we're talking. I suppose if you live in Wembley, Warwick etc then it's not a problem, Joondalup and beyond then I would imagine a lot of parents would be having second thoughts when the Brothers are just round the corner.

At the end of the day, I think it's something Nedlands need to do, I can't see it working because of traffic issues, but then I get antsy after 5 minutes in traffic so who knows.

vCash
    fair point Zed,but I dont think too many Nedlands juniors live in Joondalup

vCash
    Are Nedlands not going to retain juniors at their original home ground as well?

vCash
    yes

Rookie
    vCash
    Guys,
    Some of you need a real kick up the arse. This is all about keeping kids playing rugby and their dads keeping them in the game. Where has the Academy bull come from? I would set up a rugby club on my local footy oval if I had the support in numbers and from a senior club to grow the game if I only had one team. My local junior footy club trains 5 nights a week to fit all their players all in. Their parents stand around like shags on a rock with no sense of involvement or having fun that parents of junior rugby players have.We need to start having a go at chipping away and converting some of these kids and importantly their parents to rugby. If this bunch of ex Nedlands players and now dads can even pull 3 or 4 kids not exposed to rugby in the past it is a success.

Rookie
    vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    You forget that Wannero rugby club has moved at least 3 times in the last 30 - 35 years without ever attaining RugbyWA approval or any regard for what other clubs thought at the time.
    Oh dear. I thought you knew something about local rugby. What utter dribble. Please tell me where and when these moves are supposed to have taken place.

vCash
    All will be a lot clearer in just 4 weeks. Nedlands junior registration is on Sunday 9th Feb inviting players from U6 up. Yesterday, Wanneroo invited players from U5 up to register on Saturday 8th Feb. Joondalup TBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    To cry blue murder about clubs providing rugby to more kids is rediculous especially from someone who believes themselves to be the be all and end all of junior rugby in WA like you proclaim more often than not. If yourself and other WAJRU commitee members are opposed to growing junior rugby at no cost to the governing body than maybe you should reconsider your position at WAJRU.
    you have no idea wat goes on at Junior rugby have you. I have not been part of the WAJRU for the biggest part of 2013 also no one said that the WAJRU is opposing growing numbers as a matter of fact in the 3 years I was an executive on the WAJRU numbers grew from around 3000 to more than 4000 in 2013, but the WAJRU cant take all the credit for this Joondalup and Wanneroo have been promoting recruiting and developing the game in the Northern suburbs(and a lot of other clubs in the rest of the Metro) in and off season. Stay in your area and work with what you have.

I ask the question again (that I have been asking since 2007) A question that none of the inner city clubs wants to answer, discus debate or consider.

Why don't clubs like Nedlands and Uni, Cottesloe and Assosiates that all struggle for Junior numbers sit down together and work on a plan to ensure all juniors in the inner area have team to play for. I know of various players that did not play this year due to clubs refusing to form barbarian teams with each other.
    Why dont they join forces and that way grow rugby No the would rather set up shop on the other side of the fence where Joondalup and Wanneroo have been working hard fertilizing the grass for quite a few years now.....

Last edited by pieter blackie; 11-01-14 at 17:36.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    I know of various players that did not play this year due to clubs refusing to form barbarian teams with each other.
    that's what they're doing now. Setting up a barbarians team with some spare kids from north of the river!

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    I was told that Cott, Soaks and Neddies are putting together at Barbarians team at Under 17's. Not sure how training works, namely do they all train together at the same club or train desperately at their own clubs?

Also am I right in understanding that Neddies are hoping to field a Colts team this year? Can only be a good thing having more teams in the comp.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    The PSA schools take a lot of the older boys out of the club rugby system in and around the Western Suburbs areas. Their games are played on Saturday's pretty much the same times as club games.

The problem with that is most do not return to play club rugby after finishing school with the exception of a small minority.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Also am I right in understanding that Neddies are hoping to field a Colts team this year? Can only be a good thing having more teams in the comp.
    Ha. I wonder where they wll get them from - or where they will train?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast