Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: What makes you go WTF???

vCash
    Got home and turned on iView to watch the news but first saw a featured interview with Tony Daly. About his time at Joey's, how it drove him to become a Wallaby but sadly then drove his life off the rails. Brave move and I just hope he and others are getting better.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    How all match officials could not find any mitigation in either of tonight's RC's. Especially the 2nd. I thought To"omua described the tackle perfectly and the Ref sounded like he probably agreed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    How all match officials could not find any mitigation in either of tonight's RC's. Especially the 2nd. I thought To"omua described the tackle perfectly and the Ref sounded like he probably agreed.
    How Carlo tizzano can separate from a maul ad run forward into a defender without being called for obstruction in the same game as the tahs maul breaks off the side, maintains bind with no defenders in contact and gets called for obstruction when they meet the defense

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    How Carlo tizzano can separate from a maul ad run forward into a defender without being called for obstruction in the same game as the tahs maul breaks off the side, maintains bind with no defenders in contact and gets called for obstruction when they meet the defense
    Agreed!

Also the second red card. Rediculous!

vCash
    This may require Ecky to clear up regarding Tizzano's second half try, but I thought you couldn't score a try through your own ruck?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    This may require Ecky to clear up regarding Tizzano's second half try, but I thought you couldn't score a try through your own ruck?
    That was questioned by the commentary team as well, but that would make priors cheeky dot down over the line behind his own ruck in the game against (I think) the Reds out as well.Tbh I was surprised they didn't call priors back at the time

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Agreed!

Also the second red card. Rediculous!
    Looks like being an interesting judiciary on those two RC's on Saturday. In the first instance I thought the officials were ticking boxes but not being quite truthful about what they were seeing. Berry sort of asking opinions of each criteria including "No evidence of the ball-carrier ducking into the tackle (or similar)" - when he CLEARLY did lower his body going into contact. The second RC, I thought Berry looked a little sheepish too.

Fa’amausili tackle the perfect test case for judging high contact

Rugby has been waiting for a tackle such as Fa’amausili’s shot on Waratahs second-rower Max Douglas – and the whole game will be watching the outcome of the judicial process closely. World Rugby recently replaced its “Decision-making framework for high tackles” with the more simplified “Head contact process”, and the change allows officials a bit more leeway to turn red cards into yellow cards. Fa’amausili’s shot is in a grey area because the Rebels may argue that the initial contact was on the chest or shoulder.

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rug...25-p57m84.html

vCash
    I thought the first one was more borderline that fomo's

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    our friend Spartan making a richard cranium of himself on the sea of blue FB site

vCash
    I knew there was a reason I flicked FB. Unless I get an email referring to direct family - who seem to spend every waking moment there

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I thought the first one was more borderline that fomo's
    I'd be inclined to agree. First one the tackled player lowered his height, although the tackler could maybe have started a little lower. Second one and the tackler was actively driving upward into contact. But if they should be testing something, it is the contact being made by a rigid arm and shoulder, while the other arm flops around to give a meaningless impersonation of 'wrapping'.

vCash
    I feel like the laws surrounding the maul contribute to the issue. If players aren't so worried about being held up they would tend to turn the hip and shoulder to the defender, protecting themselves and maintaining ball security. The question is; does that contest for possession play such an integral part in the game that it outweighs player safety and the blight of R/YC's? I don't see rolling mauls from a line out presenting the same issues.

vCash
    I'm guessing the Spam-O-Matic is in iso. :

vCash
    Fixed.

vCash
    So just a quick rant about our rugby governing bodies.

Early last year (training started but before the first game) we had to swap clubs for my son (Juniors) due to moving for work and we paid 2 registrations to avoid missing the deadline for playing with the new club. I contacted both RugbyAus & RugbyWA to see about a refund on the old club and was told it wasn't possible but instead it would be a credit for this year.

Now fast forward to this year and I go to enrol my son and assume I can use the credit. NO...it appears the credit is only available for the club that it came from..I.e. I can only use it at the club we left.

Am I in dreamland or is that complete BS...When or why would we use credit for a club we have left, doesn't make sense.

As it is my son wants to play League or AFL and this could be what pushes him to do so.

A great way to foster grass roots rugby!!

Rant over

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    #FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast