Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone really care about club rugby these days

vCash
    Yep. By one point 19-20. Wests missed last sec PK at goal.

Joondalup scrum was very impressive

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I care - from afar.

But I have to admit that the thread that Happy is referring to was the most disgusting piece of diatribe to ever grace the pages of this website.

If the Club Rugby (Only) members of TWF had half a brain they would be encouraging the obviously Rugby Loving Community of TWF to get involved, not push them away.

I would encourage everyone who loves Rugby to get involved with Club Rugby even if it is just as a supporter. You will be glad you did.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Well said Exile.

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Player
    vCash
    Well said Happy......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Well said Happy......
    Fair enough and I agree that's what happened. But really, what is said by one or two trolls on here is of no consequence. In the real world just support whatever level of Rugby suits you whenever you want depending on YOUR circumstances.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Yep. By one point 19-20. Wests missed last sec PK at goal.

Joondalup scrum was very impressive
    Untill they put there prems players on!! i was at the game and i guess you were the ref! happy for the win but rugby wa needs to do something about this the players,coaches,refs and people watching the game all know whats going on and that shit is just not in the sprit of the game

vCash
    "rugby wa needs to do something about this the players,coaches,refs and people watching the game all know whats going on and that shit is just not in the sprit of the game"

I think Rugby WA deals with Laws of the game rather than spirit.
    If Wests dropped 1st graders down looking for fitness, no problem. If you felt it was
    a bit sly, enjoy it, Joondalup won didn't they?.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sauces tell me this will be addressed at RugbyWA mid-week this week.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    If Wests dropped 1st graders down looking for fitness, no problem. ?.
    Due to the complete fuck up of the draw our 1st graders have to go 21 days straight without a game so we had to give some players a run .Congrats to Joondalup, look like a very well coached side ,good set piece and outstanding defence.I judge a clubs culture in the state they leave their change rooms at the end of the day and Bros were the best I have ever seen

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 14-04-14 at 05:39. Reason: quotes
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    There is a little more to this too. Because Of Rocky dropping out and the 1st grade having no game, there was certainly a lack of atmosphere at Wests. It also means that there is no video guy, so where all other reserve grade teams can review nearly all their games. Joondalup cannot. I would have thought this would make it very difficult for them to look at where they are going wrong, and fix it. Because unlike sideline videos the official ones have the ref feed on it so you can hear all the communication that is happening between the ref and the captains.

Feel for all the teams this year, it's quite difficult.

Champion
    vCash
    Can someone tell me whether Joondalup played any other grade thisn week. The results show they didn't. If so why not?

vCash
    Joondalup played Neddies in the lower grades. At home (well; next door at the AFL ground, thanks to some music festival rendering their pitch unserviceable).

Taking 22 players to the 2nds match severely depletes their 2nds (Championship A) and, in turn 3rds (Champ B).

vCash
    ALL clubs (Premier & District) are suffering one way or another from RugbyWAs 'one-eyed' inclusion of the district clubs into the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th grade draws. We are seeing clubs being split up nearly every weekend - 1sts/2nds at one venue and 3rds/4ths at another. Joondalup has it hard now Rocky have pulled out. Why wait until one week before the comp starts to remove Rocky when they've known their demise for months? Bar takings are way down at some clubs - Wests hosted only two games on Saturday and 3 different clubs were involved. Prems and 4th grade had a BYE, followed by the Easter BYE next weekend. Their top team won't play at home until 5 weeks into the competition. Some clubs don't have extra change rooms for 2/3 visiting clubs at the one venue without sharing. It's a nightmare. Clubs are asking for different kick-off times for different grades depending on Force matches or just because it suits them better. Some District clubs (possibly up to 3) can't field a 2nd team which in turn creates several byes in the 4th grade comp. Do clubs then have to charge less fees as players will only play <14 games in a season? The early start to the season has made the 3 weeks home and away draw a disaster for some clubs. Why not wait until April (1 week later) when all clubs had their fields available and go home and away? Too easy right!. The ARU don't care about our draw, only the national comp. We could've overlapped one week if necessary? RugbyWA only care about the 'playing numbers' which will certainly be lower it seems in seniors teams. Don't even get me started on the U19s comp - more games away from the rest of the club. Administration is a major problem at clubs and rugbyWA is only making matters worse. No control by RugbyWA or connection with juniors clubs and draws is another problem. But hey, The Western Force are winning so all must be good ... right?

vCash
    Eel ... great list of symptoms & diagnosis, completely agree with all of it.

However rugby in WA is still pretty sick & getting kicked when it's down ... if the circumstances are unchanged in 2015 what constructive rehab would you prescribe to make it better? What should RugbyWA do ...

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Joondalup played Neddies in the lower grades. At home (well; next door at the AFL ground, thanks to some music festival rendering their pitch unserviceable).

Taking 22 players to the 2nds match severely depletes their 2nds (Championship A) and, in turn 3rds (Champ B).
    Like rugby wa made rocky do last year with their prem team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast