Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Western Force beat the Bulls 15-9 in Perth to earn sixth win of the year

vCash
    yep the lineout was a worry, but that can be fixed. Short answer for me was we out-Bulled the Bulls, took them on in their style of wet weather rugby and beat them at it - fantastic and shows we can be adaptable and determined to stick to a game plan. Also shows they have faith in what the coaching staff are planning and have confidence in themselves to deliver - excellent stuff!

People behind us were whinging about us kicking it so often, but I felt it was definitely the right thing in the conditions, although I don't reckon we should kick when we are in their 22 or near it. A great defensive effort yet again and it is paying dividends - well done lads

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    yep the lineout was a worry, but that can be fixed. Short answer for me was we out-Bulled the Bulls, took them on in their style of wet weather rugby and beat them at it - fantastic and shows we can be adaptable and determined to stick to a game plan. Also shows they have faith in what the coaching staff are planning and have confidence in themselves to deliver - excellent stuff!

People behind us were whinging about us kicking it so often, but I felt it was definitely the right thing in the conditions, although I don't reckon we should kick when we are in their 22 or near it. A great defensive effort yet again and it is paying dividends - well done lads
    Agree the line out could have been better but, no one in the last 10 years of Super Rugby history have had a better line out than the Bulls.

There are very few teams that out-compete them there

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Watched the game this morning, due to a wedding yesterday, it looked like an ugly win in tough conditions, we've lost a few of these close ones In the past so it's good to turn that around, hopefully after the bye week as we head in to the second half of the season we'll see the return of a few players from injury.....

And on a final note cheers to HAPPY for the new TWF polo shirt!......

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Great win boys. Jayden you are a champion! Sias has been practicing bless him! McArdle needs the red card for good! Haven't seen replay yet but advised he was blatantly "willing" the Bulls to win! I couldn't hear Alby's comments at the game, when does he expect to be back? Well Done Mighty Force!
    Apologies from Mr Hertryk... McArdle wasn't the culprit..but Greg Clark..not that that would surprise anyone..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionThug View Post
    And a massive thank you to the Force staff at the game who kindly offered me and the girlfriend a complimentary upgrade to box seats! Free (full strength) beer and wine with a delicious dinner of beef cheek tart... Not sure how we're gonna go back to our gold seats now we know how the other half live!!!
    Okay, how the hell did you manage that?!

Very gutsy and intelligent win. I actually thought the Bulls looked a bit better in this game than they have in recent weeks, full of admiration for the boys in getting this result, especially as we looked a little out-of-sorts in the early stages of the game.

People behind us were whinging about us kicking it so often,
    I couldn't understand that at all. I had people around me yelling "RUN IT!" even though it was one Force player running back at a 5-Bull defensive line; just couldn't figure out what they thought was gonna happen.

Last edited by chibi; 27-04-14 at 21:50.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Same rubbish being shouted by the people behind us. Really get my goat with their lack of knowledge but they turn up every week which is good for the sport even if they have to compare it to AFL every week and tell Alison to sit down!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I thought you and Alison were gonna get those guys thrown out? They disrupt your enjoyment of the game every week.

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Just watched the post match conference.

I do not think we could have got a better coach for our club. Hugely impressive.

Good times ahead guys

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Okay, how the hell did you manage that?!
    We'd gotten there reasonably early and were sitting in our normal seats with not too many people around us and this guy comes up to us and asks if we want a free upgrade. We were pretty surprised and shocked but who says no to that? They must have had an empty box they needed to fill because they'd done the same with 3 other couples.

Didn't they used to pick people out of the crowd with the camera for a free upgrade? I guess this is how they are doing it now I dunno... But yeah very impressed and very very grateful for the opportunity

Name:  DSC_0033.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  DSC_000001.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  125.0 KB

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I used to work with that lady who is sitting behind you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I used to work with that lady who is sitting behind you!
    Haha small world! Or should I just say a normal day for Perth right???

They were another of the lucky couples...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionThug View Post
    We'd gotten there reasonably early and were sitting in our normal seats with not too many people around us and this guy comes up to us and asks if we want a free upgrade. We were pretty surprised and shocked but who says no to that? They must have had an empty box they needed to fill because they'd done the same with 3 other couples.

Didn't they used to pick people out of the crowd with the camera for a free upgrade? I guess this is how they are doing it now I dunno... But yeah very impressed and very very grateful for the opportunity

Name:  DSC_0033.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  DSC_000001.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  125.0 KB
    You're look better than the last time I saw you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You're look better than the last time I saw you!
    Oi oi oi enough of that now

vCash
    Your beer looks a LOT better than the ones I saw close-up last night too

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    With this win we've basically knocked the Bulls out of the playoffs.....yeah....love it
    Bulls got 6 games left and if they win all 6, it's not enough to get into playoffs.
    In the past years all six teams in playoffs had won at least 10 games.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast