Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Squad Contract Renewals

vCash
    So with the return of the badger the Force is complete.

cue the segue.......

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Best looking squad on paper since 2007-2009 firepower (says choking on vomit) days. Depth at prop is a big worry though. Hoskins got destroyed in the NRC final though his locks weren't giving him much help especially when they slide up and push through his lower back and kidneys while using the bind to lift his centre of gravity. Hopefully Foles is working hard on how the locks bind and scrummage.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Awww good on Fox for trying...

Super Rugby transfer centre: Your guide to player movement ahead of the 2015 season
    FOX SPORTS
    January 13, 2015 2:22PM

WESTERN FORCE

The Force’s biggest coup this off-season actually appears in their departures list – but Michael Foley will be “going off like a bag of cats” after securing winger Nick Cummins’ return on loan just months after he signed with Japanese side Coca Cola West Red Sparks. Former Waratahs and Leicester Tigers breakaway Steve Mafi has relocated to Perth in 2015 and like Cummins is sure to become a cult hero with fans.

INS: Steve Mafi (flanker, from Leicester Tigers), Martino Nemani (winger, from Bay of Plenty), Albert Nikoro (fullback, from Blues), Rory Walton (flanker, form extended squad).

OUTS: Phoenix Battye (lock, to Beziers), Luke Burton (centre, to Perth Spirit), Nick Cummins (winger, to Coca Cola West Red Sparks — returning on loan for 2015), Jayden Hayward (centre, to Benetton Treviso), Ryan Hodson (flanker, to Jersey), Dylan Leyds (fullback, to Western Province), Kieran Longbottom (prop, to Saracens), Salesi Manu (prop, to Benetton Treviso), Hugh McMenanmin (flanker, to Honda Heat), Ed Stubbs (winger, to NSW Country Eagles), Chris Tuatara-Morrison (centre, to Castres), Justin Turner (halfback, to Perth Spirit), Francois van Wyk (prop, to extended squad).

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1227183303051
    Listed players we didn't end up signing, missed players we have, said players have left who haven't (and have actually been upgraded!)... geez they're good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionThug View Post
    Awww good on Fox for trying...

Listed players we didn't end up signing, missed players we have, said players have left who haven't (and have actually been upgraded!)... geez they're good
    Yeah, based upon that story, I think well be eligible for a handicap on the basis of the number of players we've lost without replacements.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah, based upon that story, I think well be eligible for a handicap on the basis of the number of players we've lost without replacements.
    It will be like junior footy days when you didn't have enough players... opposing teams will have to lend us some each week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionThug View Post
    It will be like junior footy days when you didn't have enough players... opposing teams will have to lend us some each week!
    And you could always pick the good teams from the arseholes based upon the quality of the players they gave you.

The Reds will give us Karmichael Hunt and James O'Connor

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Coaches updated

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Updated with Faulkner to 2017

vCash
    Great news on Tet, great signing.

Alex Hepburn is listed on the front page as being part of the wider training squad is that correct as we will need him in the current front row crisis.

I thought he was in the UK?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Time to start looking at re-signing Ben McCalman as the Waratahs may be looking at him. The following was part of an article I read online:

"COULD Ben McCalman be headed to the Waratahs? Speculation swirls that should NSW lose Wycliff Palu, they will eye Western Force’s McCalman as his replacement at No.8.
    Both Wallaby backrowers are off contract this year and are expected to feature in Australia’s World Cup campaign. Palu has been linked to overseas moves previously but has always remained in Australia, although now he is 32 years old he cannot command anywhere near the money locally that he is being offered from foreign clubs.
    McCalman, only 26, is originally from country NSW, where his family remains.
    Adding intrigue to the mix is the birth of Palu’s third son on Monday: Kei-va’ekoula Palu.
    “This one is pretty light, he was seven pound eight [ounces]. He’s got no neck.”
    Palu could either pursue another deal in Australia to keep his young family settled, or take up a rich overseas offer for his final years as a professional player to set his family up financially."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/p...-1227250199923

vCash
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kept One View Post
    Time to start looking at re-signing Ben McCalman as the Waratahs may be looking at him. The following was part of an article I read online:

"COULD Ben McCalman be headed to the Waratahs? Speculation swirls that should NSW lose Wycliff Palu, they will eye Western Force’s McCalman as his replacement at No.8.
    Both Wallaby backrowers are off contract this year and are expected to feature in Australia’s World Cup campaign. Palu has been linked to overseas moves previously but has always remained in Australia, although now he is 32 years old he cannot command anywhere near the money locally that he is being offered from foreign clubs.
    McCalman, only 26, is originally from country NSW, where his family remains.
    Adding intrigue to the mix is the birth of Palu’s third son on Monday: Kei-va’ekoula Palu.
    “This one is pretty light, he was seven pound eight [ounces]. He’s got no neck.”
    Palu could either pursue another deal in Australia to keep his young family settled, or take up a rich overseas offer for his final years as a professional player to set his family up financially."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/p...-1227250199923
    Gee if this happened he would be guaranteed the wallabies #8 spot in perpetuity

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Burto updated to 2017.

Also heard a whisper that Benny Mac should be confirmed with us again real soon. Fingers crossed.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That would be fantastic news TIF! 👏👏

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Updated with Hodgo to 2017

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast