Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: IS WANNEROO THE NEXT ROCKINGHAM

Champion
    vCash
    I am not against change Gerry but pure playing numbers are what dictates things in WA. Queensland has 50 000 registered players.We have less than 10 000 in a footy dominated state. The dads you see on a Saturday morning down at Brittania are the same guy's you see at various clubs in the arvo.It's a small circle
    The volunteer base, committed clubmen who actually do something, coaching staff, player quality and depth is tiny compared to over East and all the current format is doing is diluting things even more.
    Hansie you talk about a group who got together and decided this was the best way forward.I would like to know who was on that steering committee and what were their credentials.
    What should have happened was the group should have comprised of 1st grade coaches ,true rugby men like Steve Macfarland [Uni] Gibbo [Wanneroo]Andy Cole[Soaks]Pugs[Wests]Dave Ball[Ex Paly]Bally[Ex Neddies]JT[Baysie]Josh Heke[Kala]Brett Gallagher[Joondalup],these gentlemen have put countless hours into club rugby and should have been consulted about the best way forward to grow the game.
    These are the gentlemen that have their finger on the pulse.
    The problem I have is the current format was railroaded in via a series of e-mails without proper consultation involving a wide range of rugby community minded people.
    As has been previously discussed will Rugby WA be giving cheaper team nomination fees and insurance levies out for those that are receiving byes and defaults each week.
    You pay your subs in good faith and expect a game each week so due to decisions made you should be entitled to some kind of reimbursement.
    Will Rugby WA also be compensating clubs on the lost bar trade which is the lifeline of any rugby club.
    This format was tried about 12 years ago and again about 6 years ago and lasted one season before being shelved never to be revisited.
    When this was mentioned at a recent Rugby WA meeting the reply from the community rugby manager was he wasn't here when it was tried so let's give it another crack.
    I find it quite ironic that people are now starting to fire up about this when your club had your chance to voice your disapproval and by your silence agreed with it.Would love to be at the next Rugby WA meeting to see clubs reaction now but I won't waste my time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    The steering committee were there in a placatery capacity - ideas were thrown around - the 10 people there did not vote in anyway - there were other formats discussed - however Rugby WA seemed to already have the format chosen - one thing that I brought up was volunteers and what is done to support them - I was shown an Org Chart and told "we need to build from the base" - A variety of people who have been involved in rugby over the past 30 - 40 years were there - at no time did they endorse this year's format. Rugby Wa based this on their experiment on Rockingham last year of dividing clubs - however at the time Rocky had a very strong volunteer base and committee who worked hard to make it work - this group have walked away .
    I see the rat's back.

Champion
    vCash
    Insider your grasp of the English vocabulary astounds me using such words as placatery capacity ,Org chart and here's silly me thinking you and your mob from Hicksville were a bunch of illiterate bumpkins

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Smart enough to read the writing on the wall

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That evolutionary plan was great in theory, increasing the Prems to 12 and the whole competitive bit made sense.
    So, how many times do we have to ask, if we need a strong competition why are RWA doing so little to help the clubs of Rocky & Wanneroo to ensure established grounds, clubs & players bases remain ...?
    What was done to help out Rocky ... did RWA go down the freeway & discuss a recruitment of volunteers, schools liaison, player base from local resources, assistance on their strategic plan ??
    What is being done to help out Roo dogs - at a root cause level ... and now so that they can survive & remain a Prem club?
    Accusations against Gibbo & a tweet to pay fees isn't advancing much.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    The steering committee were there in a placatery capacity - ideas were thrown around - the 10 people there did not vote in anyway... Rugby WA seemed to already have the format chosen
    That's why they weren't given a vote, just a few freebies, and a feel good session, feed some of those egos - hubris.

Champion
    vCash
    Just to add further fuel to the fire I have just gone through the Championship A grade/Former 3rd Grade call it what you want ladder and 5 of the bottom 6 clubs are from the old district comp.
    1009 points have been conceded from these 6 clubs whilst scoring 161 for. Of the 29 games played by these bottom 6 clubs they have won a total of 3 so the average score is a 40-6 loss against the other clubs and we are only 5 weeks in.
    Been some terrible demo jobs done on these bottom 6 clubs. Would appreciate some feedback from these lads on whether they are enjoying these hidings each week. When and not if these clubs who would train once a week with a game of touch and look forward to a run around and sink a few coldies on a Sat pack it in, what then Rugby WA.
    Surely you guys saw this coming and have a contingency plan up your sleeve to accommodate these lads who are just as important to the game of rugby as is the star first grade player.
    What a mess and Hansie you still haven't answered my question regarding the 10 wise men who ratified this debacle and I ask again what were their credentials. I look forward to your reply.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Of the 3 games I've seen this year (districts v perth), the old districts side has won 2 of them. The other was Joondalup, whose 1st team was playing somewhere else, so their numbers were down. They still wouldn't have beaten Neddies but.

Champion
    vCash
    I did say 3 wins out of 29 played in the bottom 6 sides. If your reffing the bottom placed teams in 3rd grade Ecky have you been promoted

Player
    vCash
    The clowns at rugby wa have caused this mess and now they don't no how to fix it so what they do is try and push it back on the clubs .grow some balls and merge some of these clubs that should never been allowed to start in the first place.

Champion
    vCash
    Hansie you talk about a group who got together and decided this was the best way forward.I would like to know who was on that steering committee and what were their credentials.

Westie - Haysie, john hancock from Wests, Fridge from rocky ( it was his well structured plan that has been adopted) Alister from baysie, Muzz from neddies, Paul from Curtin, Geez - I forget the Kwinana prez's first name, myself, leon Davies, cannot remember if there were delegates from Cott, Refs had a couple.

Anyway, as chertubler says we are a bunch of clowns, he has full facts on each and every club's constitution, RugbWa's constitution, he has data on growth areas, he knows every president, has investigated how clubs succeed and how some don't, he and others have all of the answers.

I am happy to discuss and debate what we are trying to do. Westie - you are stoking fires of discontent without listening.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Westie - Ask paul - he should have a full briefing on the structure and I am sure was at the final meeting presented by Hilly and Shakey. If you feel it would be constructive and help you gain more facts, I can ask Hilly to see if he has a spare copy of the final outcomes and all the delegates who attended. I am sure you respect the delegates mentioned in the earlier post.

Player
    vCash
    Prove me wrong hansie fix the problem of the current comp and I will happily apologise until then you are a bunch of clowns who have stuff up the comp and don't know or have the guts to fix it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Westie - Haysie, john hancock from Wests, Fridge from rocky ( it was his well structured plan that has been adopted) Alister from baysie, Muzz from neddies, Paul from Curtin, Geez - I forget the Kwinana prez's first name, myself, leon Davies, cannot remember if there were delegates from Cott, Refs had a couple.
    all breathalysed I hope

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I did say 3 wins out of 29 played in the bottom 6 sides. If your reffing the bottom placed teams in 3rd grade Ecky have you been promoted
    I did say they were games with old Districts playing old Perth. I haven't reffed any of the bottom placed teams. Yet.
    And yes; I was promoted last weekend, thanks for your interest.

Oh, and it's "you're"; not "your".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast