Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mid season 1st grade review

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    This report is absolutely disgraceful. And I am sure will be cited as abuse.

I see it completely misses the fact that after time the ball was in Perth's hands and was kicked so long up field but not out that Cott were given another attacking opportunity, had it gone out it would have been a Baysie win. But of course, the loss wasn't because of Baysie it was because of the ref!

You guys are a joke, I listened in the second half to idiots claiming to know the laws who clearly didn't, they even chuckled to themselves that one of their own players had got away with an offside at a tackle, thinking it was great. Learn the laws properly or shut up. Tackle law is completely different to ruck laws, and the refs know this. The guys on the sidelines at perth did a bloody good job of making themselves sound as ridiculous as the guys on the wall at Cott!

I believe any club that produces a match report like this (and I notice the match report from last week is not there, so it's not an every week thing) are abusing match officials and should have referees removed from their games.

There are the right channels for frustration and the wrong channels, and we as referees are supposed to be silent at all times, and just defend the shit that you lot throw at us. There are a number of you on here that know me personally, I don't hide (unlike others who sling crap but remain nameless), if you have an issue, come and talk to me, I am always willing to discus the rights and wrongs, and I do not defend referee errors, I ensure that we learn from them. But I will not do this with a bunch of faceless keyboard cowards, identify yourself or shut up.

I will not comment on specifics as it will obviously be dealt with by RugbyWA on Wednesday.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Champion
    vCash
    Don't worry bout the ramblings of one dickhead, read the crap match report when we beat them in round 4, just a bloody soreloser and being allowed to post shit like that doesn't reflect well on his club.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it was directed at the author of the match report--seems to be a reli of Greg Growden

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sorry Gunny, deleted the post. Didn't need to be said on here. Were you one of the two that stayed after the game rugby ref??

vCash
    Yes, Muddly, I was there for those who wanted to talk about it to do so. There wasn't many, Donny however went up more in my expectations, have great respect for the man. Awesome individual. Hope he can rub off on a few others.

WARURA Referee

vCash
    ...and the other bloke was I. Not a problem to talk with those who wanted to. Hats off to the coaching/support staff and couple of Baysie players who came up to talk over a beer.

Red Carded
    vCash
    [QUOTE=RugbyRef;381294]This report is absolutely disgraceful. And I am sure will be cited as abuse.

Have you read the criticism on this web site in relation to Nigel Owens and I bet he is not crying you sook
    You are not a protected species peoples opinions are there opinions just like your decisions are your decisions so when someone has an opinion you don't like it's the same as a decision you have made on the field the players live with it wrong or right

When clubs complain to rugby wa about refs they are told you are a separate entity and have no bearing or power to influence the refs or the association so now you want to hide behind them when it suits so suck it up and get on with it
    We need to pay refs more money to get

vCash
    As an unbiased observer, the held up call was correct given the evidence posted on here. Only one picture shows the ball on the ground past the try line and it's on the line. If the ref's on the wrong side of the ruck and the touchie's behind play a bit it's reasonably understandable that they didn't see it.

I've seen plenty of occasions where one of the defenders tells the ref that it was scored in that situation and that's been accepted (is that only in PSA?)

As for the match report.....I hope the committee are embarrassed, regardless of how bad the reffing is that sort of tripe in print is a slight on the game.

(ps, just to remain balanced, RR, you do sometimes get quite defensive during reffing discussions, I guess if you have to put up with this sort of shit it's somewhat understandable, but don't say your completely dispassionate)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Yer

It was 21 - 7 at half time, so the whole credibility thing...

So was that it for your account of the game?
    I'll let the others speak, however I will admire your restraint - the number of penalties you gave in that "last" minute against SOAKs,
    and you managed to keep the cards in the pocket - consistency.

vCash
    Gigs,

I try to remain impartial and factual, some of that may seem defensive at times. I understand this. It's not deliberate. As for defenders being honest, in nearly 20 years of refereeing, I've seen this only once.

As for 7Mile, if the comments were on the RFU page, or said by the England team to the media, the IRB would act. This site can say all it likes, but for the official club website to do so is very disrespectful. Our website never criticises the clubs, and never will.

Thats enough on the subject from me.

vCash
    RR and Ecky I have spoken to club officials regarding that write up and I am on your side! I was very disappointed with what was written. One should never write and post that shit. As far as the two decisions in question in my opinion you are correct with one, but not the other. However we lost the game with poor decision making late in the game. I am a 4th grade player and there for have no reason to talk to you guys about the calls made in a game I did not play in. If you recall the pimp on the night then you now what I look like. Next time come say hello, I will happily buy you guys a drink or two.

vCash
    Thanks Muddly. I shall do.

Did you enjoy the American night. Looks like it was setting up to be a good evening.

WARURA Referee

vCash
    Yep. Good and long.

vCash
    They're the best ones; good and long!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    I'll let the others speak, however I will admire your restraint - the number of penalties you gave in that "last" minute against SOAKs,
    and you managed to keep the cards in the pocket - consistency.
    No probs. A couple of comments though:

Unlike mungo, even though time is up on the clock, a game of rugby doesn't stop until the ball becomes dead. The ball is not dead if a free or penalty kick is awarded. The game, therefore keeps going.

I had the cards out of my pocket on 5 occasions before that "last" minute. I then had them out again during that bit. I'd have thought 1 red and 5 yellows in one game (or 4 yellows up until the dying moments) would be considered too many by a lot of people.

I would have loved to have discussed the game with coaching staff from either team involved, especially as I was hanging around for the rest of the afternoon, but no one took that opportunity.

The main challenge in that final bit of the game was balancing the needs of the players (eg wanting to take quick taps from PK) and having to stop and talk to the captain of the offending team about the players' inability to comply.

I do understand that those watching the game are only watching from the perspective of the team they are supporting, so sanctions against their team are considered harsh and apparent non-sanctions against the other team are viewed with disdain.

I also understand that everyone taking part in a game will most likely make a mistake at some stage during the game, even me. There has never been a game that I have refereed where I have learned from the performance and worked on improving for future games. What came out of this last game will be between me and my coaching/mentoring group with the Refs' Assoc.

anyhoo,

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast