Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Perth Stadium design revealed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I thought the Socceroos game was going to be the opening of the new stadium.

However if the Socceroos play a worthwhile international over here, I would be interested as well.

Thought I heard on the radio they were playing a qualifier at NIB in June. Obviously not.

Edit: Just checked and I wasn't hearing things. World Cup Qualifier in June. Opponent TBA.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 17-02-15 at 20:25.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    probably Vanavatu or some similar powerhouse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Thought I heard on the radio they were playing a qualifier at NIB in June. Obviously not.

Edit: Just checked and I wasn't hearing things. World Cup Qualifier in June. Opponent TBA.
    Hmmm cool, worth a look

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    probably Vanavatu or some similar powerhouse
    Nope, not at the prices I would have to pay for the tickets. I'd pay to see a real match though!

C'mon the

vCash
    Vanuatu aren't in Asia.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Do we qualify against an Oceania team at any point, or is it south America or something?

Either way, if it's an Asian team, it'll be some team from the depths of war torn middle east from a little sultanate which would normally field an awesome team if it wasn't fighting tooth and nail to stay on the map.....they'll send three 11 year old boys and everybody else will be 55 and carry war wounds......we'll be expected to fork out 120 bucks for seats in the nosebleed section.

(nosebleed seats in NIB will have a better view than gold seats at Scumbiaco though)

C'mon the

vCash
    The Inter-Continental play offs haven't been set yet.

For the 2010 World Cup the winner of Oceania (New Zealand) took of the 5th place Asian side (Bahrain) in the Inter-Continental playoff which NZ won to qualify for their first World Cup since 1984 I think.

For 2014 the 5th place Asian side (Jordan) was sent to play the 5th place South American side (Uruguay) with Uruguay winning 5-0 across the two legs. NZ as the winner of Oceania was sent to play Mexico as the 4th place side in CONCACAF and NZ were pumped 9-3, it was over after the first leg that Mexico won 5-1.

FIFA will probably listen to the powerful South American nations again and send NZ or the 5th placed Asian side to get flogged.

My opinion is that they should scrap Oceania and merge it with Asia, even if it has to create Asia West and Asia East. Joining Asia was the best thing Australia has done. Oceania is a waste of time, most of the nations in Oceania would be bundled out in the first or second round of qualifying.

Australia don't join the qualifying until the 3rd round.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Vanuatu aren't in Asia.
    Neither are we but we have their cup

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The Inter-Continental play offs haven't been set yet.
    wow, I didn't realize it was so convoluted. I knew there was a system where somebody from around here played somebody else, but to shuffle it around like that makes it even harder to follow.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Footy bid to run stadiums

EXCLUSIVE Gareth Parker and Mark Duffield
    February 18, 2015, 1:15 am

The WA Football Commission has created a stadium management entity to spearhead not only its push to run the new stadium at Burswood but also other venues inside and potentially outside WA.

The WAFC will next month launch Perth Stadium Management, a stand-alone business unit in partnership with catering company Delaware North, concert promoter Live Nation and ticketing company Ticketmaster.

Perth Stadium Management will run Domain Stadium in Subiaco for the next three years, but it will also be a vehicle to bid for management contracts at other venues, potentially including the WACA Ground, nib Stadium in East Perth and venues under the umbrella of the Perth Theatre Trust.

The WAFC, Delaware North, Live Nation and Ticketmaster will submit a joint bid to run the new 60,000-seat stadium at Burswood under the Perth Stadium Management banner.

The entity is expected to compete with the likes of rival venue manager AEG Ogden, which runs Perth Arena on behalf of the State Government.

But WAFC chief executive Gary Walton insists the new business, which has been five years in the making, will stand on its own even if it misses out on the new stadium contract.

"We are obviously intent on getting the new Perth stadium management rights, but if that doesn't happen there is still a sound business operating model for Perth Stadium Management," he said.

The partnership with Live Nation and Ticketmaster aims to capitalise on those companies' extensive international contacts with global touring concert acts and aggressively drive more content to Domain Stadium over the next three years.

Perth Stadium Management is also set to launch an "open for business" strategy, pitching Domain Stadium as a leading destination for corporate and other events, including greater use of the stadium's playing surface and its upgraded big screen.

The WAFC has been in close discussions with the WA Cricket Association on the possibility that football and cricket would be jointly housed at the WACA Ground after 2018, with the possibility of the ground hosting WAFL games and a WAFC centre of excellence for umpires and elite junior teams.

Perth Stadium Management will soon announce a six to eight-person advisory board, which will be chaired by WA Football Commissioner Murray McHenry and will include senior representatives from Delaware North, Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

Mr McHenry said that despite Perth Stadium Management's strong football links, it should be viewed as an independent entity from the WAFC.

And although the management rights for the new Perth stadium would play a significant role in establishing a new economic model for football after the anticipated move of AFL games to Burswood for the 2018 season, Mr McHenry stressed that was not part of the consortium's bid to manage the Burswood stadium.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...-run-stadiums/

So it "should be viewed as independent, but really it's one in the same

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

Just to expand on that : Perth to host Socceroos' World Cup qualifier for first Australia match in 10 years

Go The Force!

vCash
    FOUR companies have been short-listed to operate the new $1 billion Perth Stadium at Burswood.

AEG Ogden, Nationwide Venue Management, Perth Stadium Management and Stadium Australia Operations have been short-listed.

Perth Stadium Management is a division of the West Australian Football Commission, which partners with catering company Delaware North, concert promoter Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

The consortium operates Domain Stadium in Subiaco while Stadium Australia Operations runs ANZ Stadium in Sydney.

The operator will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the sports and entertainment precinct, play a role in delivering a “fans first” experience and attracting high quality events.

Perth Stadium plans to open for the 2018 AFL season and will also host rugby, soccer, cricket, and international acts and artists.

WA Sport and Recreation Minister Mia Davies said the four respondents would receive Request for Proposals documentation so they could prepare for their tenders.

“Each submission will then be thoroughly reviewed and evaluated, and the contract is expected to be awarded in early 2016,” she said.

“The operator is expected to employ a number of full-time staff plus more than 1500 casuals to fulfil a year-round calendar of activities and events.”

The chosen operator will work closely with governance agency, VenuesWest, and facilities manager Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions.

WA Premier Colin Barnett said the 60,000 seat stadium development was progressing well and construction was on schedule.

“The state government received responses from a number of highly credentialed venue operators from around the world and I thank all of those who responded,” he said.

There are currently 100 workers on site and more than 5700 are expected to work on the project for the three-year construction period.

More than 50 per cent of the piles have been inserted on site to support the stadium structure and the first concrete slab was poured last week.

Brookfield Multiplex and John Laing won the contract to design, build, finance and manage the Perth Stadium in April last year.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...hBS1CY.twitter

vCash
    I think I'll be happy if anyone but the WAFC's bid is successful. Not that I'm betting on it though.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Stadium Australia induces a number of the Mungo outfits to play there by giving them $100,000 (IIRC) per game. That might entice some of the better drawing matches away from NIB, I suppose. At least Rugby can't be forced to play there now should the WAFC win the bid. Or so I'd hope anyway.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I think it's AEG Ogden that operate Perth Arena and I've been to several events at the arena without complaint.

vCash
    This stadium is one of the main reasons why WA's broke. It had better pull in some big interstate and international $$$$ when it finally opens 😡

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast