Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies Squad announcement Today

vCash
    Missed most of the first half but the first thing I noticed was Hoper flappn around like the seagull he is! Beale didn't appear to be directing traffic let alone a Wallabies 15. If we can't win against 14 men for 20 mns we are stuffed!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Didn't see the game, home for the next one. But, just read the write up on planet rugby.....

"Man of the Match: Lots of big innings, but the effort of Nathan Charles especially caught the eye."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2...424603,00.html

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    They really did look like two teams that had not played together that much.
    Totally agree palitu.

They were reportedly very nervous going into the game which doesn't make sense to me.

The squad has been together for 2 weeks including a week out in the sticks.

I wonder of it's a Tahs vs the rest thing due to Links strong past links with the Tahs. He is Sydney based and spends most of his time with that club.

It seems that our press is very forgiving for anybody who wears the light blue e.g. Beale and Hooper.

I don't think Beale offered anything at 10 and Hooper turning up the chance to score points late in the 1st half (before the ABs were down to 13 men) was very poor leadership. But the apologist East Coast press has effectively given him a free ride.

I don't think that Hooper should be learning how to Captain in Tests.

Link's replacement strategy was way too much like Robbie Deans - just way to late. In those conditions, fresh legs had so much to offer. Higgers and Skelton may have made a difference if they'd been there for 30 minutes not 10.

For me Hooper turning down easy points in front and poor use of the bench cost us a game that we should have won (esp with the ABs down to 13 men for 1/4 of the game!!).

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Charles really grew as the game went on. I'm sure next time he'll back himself to go over instead of passing.

I got scared at the end anytime Simmons got the ball, expected a turnover everytime.

Beale didn't have much support but didn't direct the game either.
    Charles was getting big wraps (at least in first half) from one of the Ch 10 commentators.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    If we can't win against 14 men for 20 mns we are stuffed!

The flip side is that if we can play as poorly as that and grind a draw against them, there should be improvement from here on in. But Foley and McCalman must come into the side. Palu, as he does every bloody year in the Tri Nations/RC, was MIA. I'd DEFINITELY have Beale as bench utility and leave Toomua at 12. Tat puts 2 good defending centres where they will be very much needed at Eden Park with, Smith back in the side to boss Nonu.
    Trouble is, the AB's were nearly as hapless as our lot. They won't be again. The best I can see is a win at Suncorp, an honorable drawn series, but the jug stays in NZ for at least another year.

vCash
    I actually think we might be better off just playing the Tahs backline. - Phipps, Foley, Beale, AAC.

Beale can be very creative when he has a bit of room to move. Last night at 10 he wasn't getting very good ball from White, the defence was all over him before he could do anything. These four guys have a proven combination.

If Link rings me for advice this is what I'll tell him.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I just think Beale is fragile. They can try to ajust for him on defence, but I don't like that strategy at all. Nonu is a much different proposition in a black jersey with Smith directing defence. I think he'll smash Beale. Toomua is more durable.
    Obviously Link does not agree, so he probably won't be ringing me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    THIS is the face of international rugby! That No. 2 jersey suits him very well!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I just think Beale is fragile. They can try to ajust for him on defence, but I don't like that strategy at all. Nonu is a much different proposition in a black jersey with Smith directing defence. I think he'll smash Beale. Toomua is more durable.
    Obviously Link does not agree, so he probably won't be ringing me.
    If he rang me, all 23 spots would be occupied by Western Force players. Obviously ;-p

vCash
    Was Cheese MoM?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Honey Badger may have some new competition!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Totally agree palitu.

They were reportedly very nervous going into the game which doesn't make sense to me.

The squad has been together for 2 weeks including a week out in the sticks.

I wonder of it's a Tahs vs the rest thing due to Links strong past links with the Tahs. He is Sydney based and spends most of his time with that club.

It seems that our press is very forgiving for anybody who wears the light blue e.g. Beale and Hooper.

I don't think Beale offered anything at 10 and Hooper turning up the chance to score points late in the 1st half (before the ABs were down to 13 men) was very poor leadership. But the apologist East Coast press has effectively given him a free ride.

I don't think that Hooper should be learning how to Captain in Tests.

Link's replacement strategy was way too much like Robbie Deans - just way to late. In those conditions, fresh legs had so much to offer. Higgers and Skelton may have made a difference if they'd been there for 30 minutes not 10.

For me Hooper turning down easy points in front and poor use of the bench cost us a game that we should have won (esp with the ABs down to 13 men for 1/4 of the game!!).
    I must have missed something Andrew I only saw 2 sin binning and they were at the end of each half so they played 14 men for 20 mins not 13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Indeed, why doesn't anybody wanna smash anyone in an All Black jumper anymore? Can you imagine what Bob Dwyer's Wallabies would be thinking? Bloody hell, those guys used to get fired up by the haka more than the All Blacks did. It was the pinnacle of the Aussie players' year, the chance to go out and thump the All Blacks. And didn't they enjoy it like buggery! Nowadays it seems to be the opportunity for the Wallabies to put in their most nerve-racking, mistake-riddled performance.

I think they need some of the 80's and 90's guys to get in there and address the team. Where's Rod McCall and Tim Gavin and the rest of those fellas?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Indeed, why doesn't anybody wanna smash anyone in an All Black jumper .........

I think they need some of the 80's and 90's guys to get in there and address the team. Where's Rod McCall and Tim Gavin and the rest of those fellas?
    Get Michael Brial, Sam Scott-Young and Melon in there with 'em. But your on the mark there. Not enough mongrel atm - another reason Big Dog should replace the pretender.

Bring Back the Biff!
    Dead set.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I must have missed something Andrew I only saw 2 sin binning and they were at the end of each half so they played 14 men for 20 mins not 13
    Thanks Tonkar...obviously misplaced my calculator!! :-)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast