Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SPIRIT NAMES STANDARDS GROUP FOR BUILDCORP NRC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCR View Post
    A few things need to be made clear here. To tell are effectively footing the bill for the entire competition. Without their money there would be no NRC. If Ten were willing to pay the same then they would have the rights. We have to make do with what we have at present.

Second, Foxtel are only broadcasting games where they have production bases which are are all on the east coast. That's the reason for the disparity. I don't like it anymore than you but as they are paying to broadcast it we have to cop it for now. If it prove popular enough to warrant an increase come negotiation time then hopefully that will be addressed.

It's not perfect. But we need to get behind it to push it over the top to he us some bargaining power to get it upgraded and more games televised.
    I'm aware that Foxtel are effectively footing the bill for the new competition, what I was suggesting is that FTA network come on board as a secondary option for the NRC in a similar way that the NRL is split between channel 9 and Fox Sports and the AFL is split between channel 7 and Foxtel.

Rugby needs to be on FTA to grow the game, I only suggested channel 10 because they already have the rights to international Rugby on FTA and also because they don't have a lot of sporting content at the moment.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    allowing the best of the Pindan Premier Grade to regularly play alongside Western Force against the best emerging rugby talent in Australia.

Obviously not, if the PG Hampshire winner isn't even in the squad
    Bet your flatmate put you up to this comment

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Just wish all the games could be televised each week
    Rumour is that Fox have given up the digital rights, so it may be that there'll be an online solution...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Love the passion but I am not sure that resting most of the Force players for away games is going to lead to a trophy this year. Its great that the grade players are getting a chance to show their wares on a bigger stage, but first time round, some are going to find the pace and skill level a tad beyond them.

I wish the Spirit all the best and will be watching some home games when I get away from the bush. Go WA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2