Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Kurtley Beale Stood Down

vCash
    I see the Kurtly witch hunt continues

The reason Cheika wants him in the team is because he is a better player than Godwin, Lealifano, Toomua etc

Put trust in the mesiah

2015 RWC will be the Kurtley Beale master piece

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    I'm not pretending that GAGR is a definitive source but it would be fair to say that it is pro-Waratahs.

At the end of the day the Poll on Beale as follows:

Attachment 3549

Last edited by andrewg; 15-11-14 at 19:07.

vCash
    The only opinion that matters is the coach of our national rugby team.

Controversy corner

vCash
    As a centre? I'll go for Godwin

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    The only opinion that matters is the coach of our national rugby team.
    Some of us would prefer an impartial judge

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I find myself agreeing with Rex on this.

I'll go take a bex and a lie down.

vCash
    Let him play now he is there and watch the big screen and lets see if the coach did it right .... I doubt it...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    you have been talking to yourself too much.Fulvio

vCash
    For me, I wish Beale the same I wished for Cooper, O'Connor, Giteau or anyone else; I want him to play an absolute blinder and get his career back on track to becoming a rugby great.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Prospect
    vCash

Beale linked to tahs

Kurtley Beale linked to Waratahs return

HTML Code:
    https://ggrugby.com
    Rugby Latest News, Videos, Rugby Highlights and lot more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gulmagara View Post
    Kurtley Beale linked to Waratahs return
    And the mooted opportunities that Darren Coleman was to offer Shute Shield players continues to be a myth.

Has he selected anybody from NSW clubland who wasn't already at the tahs?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wallabies star Kurtley Beale to face trial over alleged sexual assault
    Nathan Schmidt
    NCA NewsWire
    January 19, 2024 12:20PM

Embattled Wallabies star Kurtley Beale will fight allegations he sexually assaulted a woman at a Sydney pub before a jury, a year after he was suspended from play.

Kurtley Beale, 35, pleaded not guilty at Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court late last year to sexual intercourse without consent, and two counts of sexual touching.

Police allege the former NSW Waratahs star sexually assaulted a woman in the toilets of the busy Beach Road bar in Bondi in the late evening of December 17, 2020.

Wallabies star Kurtley Beale, left, will fight allegations he sexually assaulted a woman.NCA NewsWire/ Ben Symons Credit: News Corp Australia
    Appearing before Sydney’s Downing Centre District Court on Friday, Justice Graham Turnbull SC told Mr Beale the trial before a jury would begin on Monday.

It comes about a year after Mr Beale, who has 95 caps for the Wallabies, was stood down from the national side, only a week after taking part in a 44-man boot camp.

Mr Beale, from Mount Druitt, has made over 90 national representative player appearances in his 10-year career, and was awarded the 2011 John Eales medal.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/wa...ult-c-13282791

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Kurtley Beale found not guilty of all sexual offences against a woman at a Bondi pub

Former Wallaby Kurtley Beale has been found not guilty of sexual offences against a woman at a Bondi pub.

WARNING: Some readers might find the details in this story distressing.

The 35-year-old former rugby union player was standing trial in the New South Wales District Court after denying accusations he committed a number of unwanted sexual acts at the Beach Road Hotel in Bondi on the night of December 17, 2022.

After deliberating for less than two hours, the jury consisting of seven women and five men found Mr Beale not guilty of all charges, including one count of sexual intercourse without consent and two counts of sexual touching.

Mr Beale dropped his head into his hands as the jury acquitted him of all three charges.

The complainant, who cannot be identified, testified that Mr Beale repeatedly groped her buttocks, forced her to perform oral sex in a men's toilet cubicle and grabbed her by the hips and spun her around.

The 12-day long trial heard testimonies from the complainant and multiple witnesses — and were played recorded phone calls and CCTV footage from the night.

The trial heard on the night of December 17, 2022, Mr Beale, the woman and her fiancé were all at the Beach Road Hotel.

The 29-year-old complainant gave evidence that Mr Beale had allegedly reached slightly under her clothing and touched her buttocks while they were at the main bar.

The second allegation was one of non-consensual fellatio in a toilet cubicle, where shortly after midnight the woman went into the men's toilets because she said she wanted to avoid queues in the women's bathroom.

The woman told the court that Mr Beale followed her into a cubicle and briefly forced his penis into her mouth by grabbing the back of her head.

The trial heard that was followed by an additional allegation of sexual touching, where Mr Beale allegedly grabbed the woman by her hips and spun her around.

The former Wallaby did not give evidence during the trial.

His barrister Margaret Cunneen SC described the alleged sexual touching in the main bar, which was captured on CCTV, as a "fleeting touch" and said it could not be considered criminal.

Ms Cunneen also told the jury that her client did not touch the woman's head during oral sex in the cubicle and said there was "no force, only mutual agreement".

His legal team outright denied the third allegation, referencing evidence from a witness in the toilets at the time.

The court heard that Mr Beale was drunk on the night but the jury was told by Judge Turnbull that the 35-year-old's intoxication would not be relevant to the consideration of consent.

The jury was told that the woman consumed at least 12 drinks and had taken two small lines of cocaine over the course of that day.

Jurors were played a recorded phone call of the woman confronting Mr Beale with the allegations a month after the night at the pub.

"Don't you remember me saying, like, no," she says in the call.

Mr Beale replies: "That's pretty f******, that's not on … I just initially thought it was that, but it was obviously not, so."

The woman says he "got your d*** out".

"Yeah I remember that," he says.

The woman continues: "And you grabbed my head and you put your d*** in my mouth".

Mr Beale says "that's f****** not on" and that he is "embarrassed by it all".

But during cross examination, the woman admitted to writing five pages of notes, which she had near her during the call, with the words "convince him he is guilty and not innocent".

Defence argued that the 35-year-old's "contrite" tone during the call was due to his guilty conscience for committing an act of infidelity against his wife and not an admission for committing an offence.

The jury was played CCTV vision from the pub that night, which showed that the pair had spent four-and-a-half minutes inside the men's bathroom.

According to the woman, Mr Beale called her over, grabbing her around the shoulders and saying to her: "I really want to f*** you," before he allegedly followed her into the toilets.

But Ms Cunneen said the footage showed the complainant was instead the one that followed Mr Beale into the toilets.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-...ault/103446792

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Probably the only positive from all of this is he was "unavailable" for RWC selection, otherwise they would be banging on about him being overlooked with Hooper, Cooper and Foley...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7