Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: It sure is raining shit on the ARU this week

Player
    vCash
    The reporting by the SMH (and a few others) is bloody disgraceful. There is no problem with digging for the truth but only facts should be reported, especially when considering a story directly affecting people, whether it be about the perpetrator or victim, whichever way you see it.

The article below would have to be the best description of what has happened. Amazing what can be reported when the journalist isn't too busy white anting people to get their own favourites in.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=11342382

And lastly, two coaches down (if Link doesn't survive this) and there is only a common thread, the players. And leading the charge of those players is a couple of senior wallabies. Frankly those senior wallabies should be shown the door. We aren't gonna win this weekend so teach the bastards a lesson and get them wearing the suits and cleaning the clothes.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    While I agree the reporting has been horrible (more, I think, to do with the journalistic fetish for a scandal than anything else) the article you link to reaks of the typical new zealand insecurity.
    You could sum it up as 'Let's stick the boot into Australia then point out how much better NZ is in handling this.'
    Personally I think he could have said the same thing without the 'holier than thou' attitude and it would have been a lot more powerful piece of 'journalism'.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I think you would find that any true rugby supporter with a genuine love for the game whether they are Kiwi, British, Saffer or anywhere in the world for that matter would not be putting the boot in as you describe.
    They would be hoping the whole sorry fiasco get's sorted and the Wallabies start to string a few victories together so international rugby can again have a meaningful competition we can all enjoy .
    Myself and several of my mates who are all AB supporter's will take no joy whatsoever in the train wreck that will happen this weekend.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I think you would find that any true rugby supporter with a genuine love for the game whether they are Kiwi, British, Saffer or anywhere in the world for that matter would not be putting the boot in as you describe.
    I was describing the article that was linked. The bloke who wrote it was putting the boot in. He wasn't shy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    They would be hoping the whole sorry fiasco get's sorted and the Wallabies start to string a few victories together so international rugby can again have a meaningful competition we can all enjoy .
    Myself and several of my mates who are all AB supporter's will take no joy whatsoever in the train wreck that will happen this weekend.
    While you and your mates may be paragons of virtue and restraint, I've been on the receiving end of too many frothing at the mouth tirades from kiwis sporting chips on their shoulder to give any kiwi journo the benefit of the doubt.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, can't say I was overly impressed by that article. My first thought was that judging solely on team behaviours, they respect the hell out of women but only based on their ability to take a punch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    & now the ARU call in the consultants--sure sign that they have no idea how to handle all of this

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    How long does it take to make a farking decision, should have been addressed on Monday and over and done with by now, an absolute farce and disgrace.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Bin Horwill & his cronies still living in the hangover of the Reds win & pull in even more resources from the tahs.
    Hooper doesn't seem to be providing the guidance from an intl captain + hodgo should be 7.
    Bring in Chieka & replace the whole board ... as for consultants, might as well replace Pulver with Palmer !

vCash
    I actually think that Pulver's being doing an OK job.
    Any bloke who can get the NRC up and running and financially independant is doing a bloody good job considering how terrible the finances are at the ARU.
    I suspect he's being hamstrung by the board and an awful lot of 'shadowy figures' who are attempting to run the place behind the scenes.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don't think the NRC is financailly independent yet. If Foxtel pulls their funding the comp goes up in smoke. But full credit to Pulver for trying soimething.

It is a tier of Rugby that was needed in Australia and hopefully in the coming years the comp will grow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Bin Horwill & his cronies still living in the hangover of the Reds win & pull in even more resources from the tahs.
    Hooper doesn't seem to be providing the guidance from an intl captain + hodgo should be 7.
    Bring in Chieka & replace the whole board ... as for consultants, might as well replace Pulver with Palmer !
    Should've made Hodgo the Captain and given whole game time instead of the stupid bench possie. I'm sure he'd have been able to handle all the shite. And now they're bringing in Moore to try and manage the team and provide leadership. WTF?!! Thought that was what Hooper is supposed to do. Judging by the comments obviously Pulver's lost faith in Hooper as captain apart in addition to the dumb things Hoopers' said this week. Link should be slapped with a wet fish as well for making him captain in the first place!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    I actually think that Pulver's being doing an OK job.
    Any bloke who can get the NRC up and running and financially independant is doing a bloody good job considering how terrible the finances are at the ARU.
    That tier in Oz rugby has been a perennial disaster re: ARC ... I only hope this incarnation actually lasts.
    Perhaps they can get the strips right next season & move away from all teams having to have yellow !

vCash
    Only 6 out of 9 have yellow....

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...875&p=81#r1608

Starts off "Fitzsimmons telling it like it is:

The Wallabies, we are told by skipper Michael Hooper, are to have a "truth session", where they will all get together in a closed room, bare their souls and try to clear the air over the whole Kurtley Beale saga. Guys, can I go first, as a kind of facilitator, to say a few things that I think need to be said? And can we have everyone who has been involved back in the room, please, just for this session?

Good, thanks. "

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    while I enjoyed that article it was a bit short on pointing out what I feel are the real problems in Australian rugby.
    Too many fingers in the pie and a 'win at all cost' attitude!
    Unless the coach or manager has the power to suspend or sack a player on the spot there's no point in anyone talking harshly to anyone.
    But nope, it has to get passed the board and RUPA and etc etc
    Give the bloke at the top of the chain the ability to discipline his players.
    Too many people are willing to forgive bad behaviour because they believe the player is 'essential'
    No! They're not! and while we treat them like they are they won't learn to be disciplined
    and if you can't be self disciplined off the field then you can't do it on the field
    and it's more important on the field if you want to win games.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast