Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force Gold -v- Manu Samoa

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Fulltime:
    Manu Samoa 28 d Western Force Gold 24.

Reportedly a decent showing by the Force boys however, I will leave it to those who attended to give their version of events.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    MY MATCH REPORT

Red Card to The REF....

Terrible display...he was confused with the ground being a soccer ground and handed out yellow cards to Matt HODGSON, then a Somoan player...and THEN....to the MAYOR of Perth Mr John Wellborn for some stupid infringement about blood bin replacement....

Red Card to The Ground Announcer.....mate...heres some advice....give it up....stand down to someone who knows the game.

Yellow Card to Rugby WA......hardly any promotion of the game and then to slug such big prices it no wonder the crowd was only about 5000.

Cautions

Shep....mate ya played a shocker....but we know its in you so only a caution.
    Henners....stop gawking over the ruck and look when the ball come rolling out of the ruck between your legs.....

Gooonya's

Members Equity......not a bad venue, they even sell full strengh piss...but did you need that MANY security people???

The crowd....well done for coming.

Players .... top efforts to all the players, great opening but we went a bit flat when the yellow card fiasco....and they keep plugging away to the end and only a bubious call from the ref in the last second prevented the match scoring try....stand outs in my mind were Richard BROWN, Junior PELESESA, Digby IOANE..I am sure there were more but thats how I saw it..

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    It sounds as if the Ref"s had a great time wrecking games today.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Spot on Gerry, still an entertaining game(especially from The the Royal Box)
    Funny i thought Henjak wasnt too bad,Junior,Hilgendorf and the loose forwards were good. Surprised to see a push over try against Samoa.
    Digby looks a million bucks, but still coughs up the ball at critical times, but i think he will be worth it in time.Dissapointing crowd size(hello Rugbywa) but a awesome venue all the same.Also Coach,Tif and my goodself had a bastard of a night drinking full strength,wine, food,dancing girls etc etc,but hey some poor bugger had to do it.

vCash
    Very accurate description of the nights events Gerry....
    Good thing about was we scammed our way into box--- yeeeha! Free food and grog.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Nice work putting the knife in

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Too many Nedlands scammers....

vCash
    very accurate match report there gerry. i was sitting on the opposite side to the rest of you guys and i swear we were sitting next to the western force comic club. a group of about 5 blokes were making jokes the whole time most involving the poor security guard sitting in front of us with his back to the game keeping a watchful eye on the crowd.
    they weren't too impressed with the ref either. Everyone agreed he should have given himself a yellow card for getting in the way all night especially when he intercepted that pass. Seeing as he was already throwing yellow cards all over the place. Fancy sending the Mayor of Perth off for some minor infringement in his last game. He was asking for trouble!
    We were about 4 rows from the front at the half way line so we could hear every bone crunching tackle.... and there were many. So different to subi and it really brings home how badly perth needs to do something about getting a decent rugby/soccer stadium.
    so all in all i had a really great time. were lots of laughs and apart from the unfortunate final score then night itself was a winner. That is apart from me spilling most of the contents of my drink all over the stairs and making an arse out of myself (told you em).
    I took loads of photos and i'm just sorting through them at the moment to find some to post. Will attempt to make a gallery.

Hope everyone else had a great time at the game too!

I made Happy sad...

Senior Player
    vCash
    I stood in the Shed.

Someone asked my 16 year old mate if he had alcohol in his bag as he was randomly going up and down Family Stand.

Add another Red Card Gerry - To Rugby WA Ticket Prices!!!

People will make a stand about ticket prices sooner or later, especially when they can't see our top players play.

Last 15 minutes was enjoyable, loved Ioane.

vCash
    Thanks Gerry
    You have summed up the game well.
    I agree with all the the posts and esp the one about price when it is only
    $ 22.00 to go to a soccer game there.
    Can anyone tell me how the officals are selected for games like this one as I felt this ref was school boy grade and his grandstand liney was his boy robin
    Yes we have to except that we made some mistakes and there is areas that need to be looked but all in all the boys gain experience from a nice warm night of rugby in Perth
    The stadium is good and the ammenities are not bad we just need more and at a reasonable price to get every one there.
    Maybe next few weeks Toshiba matchs shoud be gold coin entry instead of free and have a fund to lower prices for games at other venues
    I dont mind paying $2 for a game or $50.00 for a bigger game but on some families it knocks a bit into a budget
    All in All great night of entertainment and
    GO THE FORCE AND RUGBY WA

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    lol .. speaking of... The Ref, some Force players and RugbyWA needed a good spank last night!

Ticket prices were too high, they didn't even mention John's last game at the beginning, during or end of the game - no thanks to him announced which was dissapointing!!

Agree with Gerry's comments.. where's the ball? where's the ball - oh there it is.. bloody shocking! Or maybe I should insert EnForcers description if the events here!! .. no - tis a G rated site!!

And ncie to meet up with a couple more TWF members too, sore head today Frontrow???

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Here's the "official" word from Sportal. Another example of RugbyWA dragging the chain, Sportal (and therefore the ARU) and even ABC are able to get a match report out but nothing from the team themselves. There is obviously someone able to do it as the site was updated with the Club report

Samoans down Force

July 09, 2006 - 11:29am
    Story by: Sportal/ARU

The Western Force has gone down to the touring Manu Samoa side 28-24 in Perth on Saturday night.

The home side scored four tries to one but discipline was its problem, conceding seven penalty goals in the four-point loss.

Loki Crichton put the visitors on the board with a penalty goal inside the opening three minutes, but the Force hit back minutes later with a try to Gareth Hardy.

From the line-out the Force drove their way over to score, and Cameron Shephards' conversion made it 7-3.

Another Samoan penalty was again answered with a Force try, though this time they were awarded a penalty try from a driving maul. Shephard again converted and it was 14-6 after 16 minutes.

Four minutes later the Samoans crossed for what would be their only try of the night, winger Lolo Lui diving over after some lax defence from the Super 14 newcomers.

Crichton continued his superb night with the boot, slotting the conversion, before three penalties in ten minutes to the fullback gave the visitors a 22-14 lead the break.

The undisciplined performance of the Force continued in the second half, flanker Matt Hodgson sin binned after 43 minutes, and was joined by lock John Welborn five minutes later.

Fortunately for the Westerners Welborn's opposite number, Chad Slade, was also put in the bin.

Samoa went further ahead with two more penalty goals, and the Force trailed by 14 with just 15 minutes left.

But winger Digby Loane crossed on 74 minutes, and four minutes later Haig Sare also dotted down, but missed conversions from Shephard proved the difference as the visitors held on in a tense final few minutes.

Last edited by Burgs; 09-07-06 at 11:31.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    and four minutes later Haig Sare also dotted down
    and what a try that was!

I made Happy sad...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbadoc
    Very accurate description of the nights events Gerry....
    Good thing about was we scammed our way into box--- yeeeha! Free food and grog.
    Hope you blokes were handing out TWF cards there then????????????

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-top
    Be grateful if one of you guys could make a point of watching how my Bath back row boys perform (Jonny and Zac) and put a bit of feedback on here afterwards.
    Your Bath boys didnt make the 22

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast