Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v Force Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Given his propensity for blaming the players for a loss, he could target Hunt as the cause of the backline problems, even though he had nothing to work with. I thought Hunt looked pressured (OK that's not really a revelation is it) and shaky, but looked like a good option for fullback. You can't tell much about him at 10 with the platform he was given.

Logic would suggest that Hunt and JOC share 10 and 15 in some way, using JOC as a backup in case Hunt doesn't show enough, but we all know logic doesn't always factor into RG's actions.
    Hunt went pretty good against the 'saders in the trial at Ballymore. The forwards were actually able to stand up and get him decent ball though. Will be interesting to see how he goes when the forwards don't lay down and give up but there is still a great fight at the breakdown. I want to see what he can do to crate attack as opposed to follow the pack

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    My guess is Mozza to fullback and Mitch gets a first up starting cap on wing, FWV to start at prop and Heiburg to the bench with rest from last week. Minimal changes IMHO
    I reckon that's not a bad back-up side. I think Mitch is going to be a star - he certainly impressed me pre-season.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Given his propensity for blaming the players for a loss, he could target Hunt as the cause of the backline problems, even though he had nothing to work with. I thought Hunt looked pressured (OK that's not really a revelation is it) and shaky, but looked like a good option for fullback. You can't tell much about him at 10 with the platform he was given.

Logic would suggest that Hunt and JOC share 10 and 15 in some way, using JOC as a backup in case Hunt doesn't show enough, but we all know logic doesn't always factor into RG's actions.
    Assuming he's a shoo-in for the Wallabies given the amount the ARU stumped up for him, won't that make a difference as to where DH slots him into the Reds?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Apprentice
    vCash
    You will find that Zack will start at Fullback on Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Hunt went pretty good against the 'saders in the trial at Ballymore.
    Yes, I've taken that into account Jono, the thoughts about moving him to fullback were kind of half that I think Dick will shuffle deckchairs without a lot of thought and half because what I saw of him against the Brums shows him as a pretty capable fullback regardless of what the pack does.

To swap him and JOC between 10 and Fullback simply makes the most of the cattle they have on hand, Duncan Pauiuiuiui whatsisname was reported to be a bit of a disaster in trials and Hunt appeared to play well, that would mean that Hunt is a better option than him. O'Connor has played 10 at the highest levels (albeit not particularly successfully) and after that AFAIK there are limited options.

A smart coach (and I'm not suggesting that Dick even has a picture of a smart coach in his wallet) would have a look at both of the most credible backups for Quade in this situation, because they are desperate to find that backup. If the formula isn't found this week, they'll be 2 down and looking at an early exit. If they can't find a solution until Quade is better their season could conceivably be over before it begins.

For those reasons, swapping O'Connor and Hunt between 10 and 15 is (IMHO) the best option for them.

C'mon the

vCash
    I just hope the boys can lift their game to the same level his week as they took a hell of a pounding from the Tah's big pack. Shorter turn around for us compared to the Reds too. Stander on earlier this week I reckon as Gus, Dog and Alcock have their work cut out containing Thomson and co after last weeks colossal effort.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    its a short turn around. I think it would be completely understandable for us to turn up a bit hazy.

Champion
    vCash
    I was flicking through some channels and timed a flick to Sky news Richo and Jones just as they talked sport.

Alan Jones was not very complimentary about Richard Graham!!!!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    its a short turn around. I think it would be completely understandable for us to turn up a bit hazy.
    That's not an acceptable standard and is what ends up costing you a place in the finals. This is professional rugby you need to be on your game every week. The Force set the standards last year and need to raise the bar over and above that this year. The should view this as a must win based on the Reds performance last week and give themselves the best opportunity to go 3 - 0 with the home game next week. I

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    You will find that Zack will start at Fullback on Saturday
    Luke Morahan for certain because of his defensive skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    That's not an acceptable standard and is what ends up costing you a place in the finals. This is professional rugby you need to be on your game every week. The Force set the standards last year and need to raise the bar over and above that this year. The should view this as a must win based on the Reds performance last week and give themselves the best opportunity to go 3 - 0 with the home game next week. I
    Agreed. Hopefully they can build, and keep building.
    I think Im actually just preparing myself for the worst, but hoping for the best!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I think the X-Factor in the match is going to be JOC.

Having watched some of his French Top 12 matches I believe that he is a much better player then when he left Australia.

Add to this he is playing against his old club and he may want to prove a point or 2 to the RugbyWA hierarchy.

I believe that the Western Force will win the match but it would not surprise me to see JOC have a man of the match performance from the losing side.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    I just hope the boys can lift their game to the same level his week as they took a hell of a pounding from the Tah's big pack. Shorter turn around for us compared to the Reds too. Stander on earlier this week I reckon as Gus, Dog and Alcock have their work cut out containing Thomson and co after last weeks colossal effort.
    Force history suggests that we won't be the same side as last week. We have always (since season 1) been the team that lifts immeasurably against the top teams and the inexplicably loses the ones we should have won comfortably. The mark of a true champion side is the way they play against weaker opposition and we haven't always got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    This attitude would have to be the main reason why the former is true. I believe we took massive strides to reverse this last year and the snippets I've heard from the boys this year indicate good things, Whilst us armchair coaches sit back and chalk the Reds up as a must win, the boys aren't taking it for granted. Tets was rolling his eyes at the start of the season saying that we have back to back short turn arounds and (most notably) NOT suggesting that the Reds would be an easy scalp. I hope that attitude remains after the Brumbies demolition, since I think we're good enough to do exactly the same thing to the Reds (even short-handed like we are)

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I think the X-Factor in the match is going to be JOC.

Having watched some of his French Top 12 matches I believe that he is a much better player then when he left Australia.

Add to this he is playing against his old club and he may want to prove a point or 2 to the RugbyWA hierarchy.

I believe that the Western Force will win the match but it would not surprise me to see JOC have a man of the match performance from the losing side.
    You mean he has set himself some KPI's

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    You mean he has set himself some KPI's
    That right there is the key question isn't it?

C'mon the

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast